“You Get What You Pay For”

Canyon Ranch SpaClub - Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 153 Spas & Wellness in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The state-of-the-art Canyon Ranch SpaClub facilities include massage, skin care and body treatment rooms, two fitness centers, a 40-foot indoor rock-climbing wall, movement therapy and Pilates studio, cycling gym, Kinesis studio, men and women locker rooms, relaxation lounges, two restaurants, beauty salon, bridal suite, barber suite, co-ed relaxations spaces and Aquavana(R) - a European-inspired aquathermal oasis. Canyon Ranch SpaClub emcompasses 134,000 square feet and is located in The Venetian and The Palazzo Resorts in Las Vegas.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Located in the Venetian / Palazzo complex, this is a fantastic health club: they have the best and plentiful cardio & work-out equipment, as well as free weights, Bosu balls, mats, etc. They also have a 40' indoor climbing wall! The spacious, clean, modern, attractive facility is pleasing to the eye and senses: but comes at a premium - you can pay a resort fee of $12 per day, and have access to the work-out areas only; or you can purchase a fitness passport, which will allow additional access to their thermal, whirlpool and rain cabins, as well as fitness classes, Pilates & Kinesis studios. There is also a café on site, for healthy breakfast or lunch considerations. In addition, at separate costs, there are numerous spa services available.

For the fees the facility charges, I was disappointed to find out their fitness area is open 6am to 8 pm: given that this is Vegas, where people stay up until all hours of the night and morning, having access to a gym before 5 am and after 8 pm would be a huge benefit, especially when one is here on business.

Note to management: please ensure the front desk staff has accurate information and does not provide misleading answers to the guests, as I discovered first-hand on TWO different occasions. Again, given the fees to use the facilities and participate in classes, I expect not only a fantastic gym, but impeccable service.

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I reserved the bridal suite at the spa and was at the spa for 6 hours pampering myself before my wedding. I had a great massage that was followed by a couple of hours enjoying the facilities of the spa including the Wave Room, steam room, and sauna. There were definitely some unique rooms including a very cold room and different pressurized showers. I had my hair and makeup done for my ceremony and really couldn't have asked for more. The airbrush makeup is a bit expensive but definitely worth it when you see how you look and how great your photos turn out. The bridal suite was perfect for getting ready in and enjoyed spending time with friends and family before going straight to my ceremony at the Bridge of Love in the Venetian. Perfect day of pampering on my big day.

1  Thank haras690
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I booked an 80 minute facial for a Saturday morning in October at a cost of $295.00. I had a hotel coupon for a $35.00 discount. Although I knew this was a premium price for an 80 minute service, I was in Vegas and decided to splurge at the famous "Canyon Ranch". Check in was crowded, open area in the Palazo hotel. Lots of people milling around, about 10 of us trying to check in for service and only 2 people helping out at check in desk where you paid for service before being taken back to change clothes. People were walking in from other sides of the area and cutting the line, (not seeing the 10 or more of us in the line already waiting) and the staff allowed it. Told me that Saturday was the busiest day and "so sorry". (word to Canyon Ranch, staff your check in appropriately for busier days, you know how many people are booked per hour and can staff for this number) Very very stressful and not what I am accustomed to in other high end spas that I frequent. Locker room was standard for a nice spa. After changing you are sent to a comfortable lounge to fill out forms and wait to be called for your service. The lounge was filled to capacity and I had no place to sit but on the edge of the fireplace hearth. Others just had to stand. I noticed others were filling out forms, and since no one approached me with forms, I went to the desk and asked and was given a form to fill out. At 10am rapidly people were called back by the different therapists for their services. At about 10:03 I was called. The facial room was fantastic and well appointed, clean and comfortable. I immediately relaxed and was certain this was going to all end up ok. Facial was very good and professional but ended at about 11:07. By 11:10 I was walking with my therapist to the product shop so she could show me some products for my skin. I casually said "oh, it looks like we finished early (over 10 minutes early!)!" She said, "oh, that's so we can spend some time in the shop showing you products that will help your skin". After considering this all day, I decided that this was deceptive advertising to book an 80 minute service and only provide a 70 minute service and spend the last 10 minutes selling you products to make them even more profit on an overpriced service to start with. I called and ended up speaking to a manager, "Brandy" who reassured me this was not the SOP and that in fact an 80 minute service should be 80 minutes. She refunded me 10 minutes of service as a result. I was pleased at her professional response to my concerns but would caution others to speak up if the service does not meet the description of what you signed up for. I can tell you that I have been to many high end spas and the Canyon Ranch is nothing special compared to other high end places and is higher priced overall.

1  Thank VBMOMHouston_Texas
CanyonRanchSpaClub, Spa Director at Canyon Ranch SpaClub - Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide comments regarding your recent visit to Canyon Ranch SpaClub.

I apologize that there was not sufficient staff to accommodate the number of guests checking in and that your spa service time was shorted. Our goal is to welcome each guest and provide a relaxing environment. Reducing a spa service time is neither our standard nor common practice. Rest assured we will discuss your comments and experience with our staff.

I am pleased to read that you spoke with a staff member who worked to mitigate your disappointment by providing a refund for the reduced time. Our goal is to meet the high expectations of our guests - each and every day - and for our guests to receive precisely what is promised.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide this review.

Laura Horvath
Spa Director
Canyon Ranch SpaClub – Las Vegas

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I visited the spa for massages and relaxation, so we cannot speak to the character of the excercise area. The massages were wonderful, but expensive (like most things in Vegas). The spa facility however, needed attention. The men's side had multiple ceiling vents missing, the sheetrock was crumbling around the holes, and there was mold on many of the ceiling fixtures and lights. The warm lounge chairs in the men's spa were chipped, worn, and needed new paint. The Aquavana features that sounded so good in the brochure were very hokey. The "Igloo" was a moldy tiled room that sprayed ice cold water from some shower heads in the ceiling. The scent of the water was nice, but the temperature was freezing. The experiential showers were single person alcoves that played birdsong and sprayed ice cold water ranging from a mist to a downpour. I love cold water, but these were too much for even me. The "herbal laconium" was a strange little luke-warm room that smelled odd, not pleasant. The hot tub was nice, the Finnish sauna was WONDERFUL, and the iced cucumber water served was good as well. The steam room was good but could get intolerably hot. While the facilities were adequate, they were nowhere near the quality described by many other reviewers.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The place is huge, spanning floor space between The Venetian and The Palazzo Hotels on two levels. The receptionist was extremely courteous and after checking me in, escorted me to the men's locker area where I was immediately met by an attendant who gave me a complete tour of the facility. The Aquavana™area is an oasis of water therapies including state-of-the-art hot and cold (i.e. igloo with aroma spritzes) experiences. After experiencing this for about 45 minutes, I came into the waiting lounge to relax for a few minutes before being called by my masseure "Robert" who proceeded to give me one of the best massages I have ever had. Forceful and deep pressure just "almost" to a level of slight pain invigorated me beyond expectation. At the end of the session, I lay there limp and unable (or simply not wanting) to move. I somehow managed to get up and robed to return to my locker. The whole Spa is wonderfully designed, fresh and clean and the service of the various attendents was superb.