“Very elegant, quiet, and relaxing”

Paris Spa by Mandara
Ranked #29 of 143 Spas & Wellness in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Deluxe spa offering private "grand suite" areas for the full spa treatment.
Charlotte, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Very elegant, quiet, and relaxing”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Enjoyed this experience especially. Have had massages, but never a facial. Highly recommend this very calming and refreshing spa.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank bsparkly

Huron, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Huge Waste Of Money And Time...Don't Go!! I left in tears.”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

This is an email that I sent to the spa when I came home from my visit Tuesday 1/31/12. I have not heard back from anyone at the spa.
I booked a salon visit at 5PM on Saturday January 28th for a blowout and style. I was with two other girlfriends who also booked services in the salon at 5PM. I had expressed two times that I needed to be out of the salon at 6PM for a dinner reservation at the Sugar Factory. I was told this was not a problem.

We arrived 20 minutes before our appointments. We were instructed to go back to the salon and check in. We arrived at the salon desk and no one was sitting there. One hair dresser showed up and took my friend back for her hair and then about 5 mins later the nail tech arrived to take back my other friend.

As I sat waiting for someone to check me in or offer me a beverage, the time ticked away. It was now 5:20pm and no one had even asked me my name or looked at my reservation card that was sitting on the desk. I was very upset and crying at this point because I was not going to have a relaxing time now. I knew at this point I would be rushed and most likely have a bad experience. How right I was...

Just as I got up to go to the front desk and complain I found a girl who I told my situation to. She said that Elaina was my stylist and she would be done shortly. I explained that I was not happy because now she would be rushed and I wouldn’t have a relaxing time. I also explained that I needed to be done by 6 in order to make my 6:15 reservations. She assured me it would not be a problem.

At 5:30 I was finally taken back to get my hair styled. At this point I was so upset and frantic I could not enjoy my very expensive blow out. At 6pm she was finally done with my hair. At that point I was shown the mirror. Not one time before, had I been shown what my hair looked like to even make changes to it. I had no time to make suggestions or corrections to the style. Which was flat and had no body to it.

This was the worst experience at a "high end" salon I have ever had. It's only high end because of the price, there is nothing else that says high end about this salon. I get to the counter to pay my bill and I am in tears because I am so unhappy. I had no time to make changes or to even discuss what I didn’t like. This experience ruined my evening, which was a dinner out for my 40th birthday. I expected to have an hour of relaxation and and wonderful hair style. I was rushed in and out in a half hour and I was not satisfied with the entire experience. I was also not allowed to tip the appropriate amount do to your 20% policy. This seems unreasonable when you are not happy with what you received.

My suggestion to anyone reading this review is to go somewhere else like the Mirage. That salon is perfection. What a waste of $114.00!! Yes that's right $114 for a lousy job.

Visited January 2012
6 Thank pink_lady1448
Michigan
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Spa”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The massage was superb at the Paris. The girl was excellent. It was a great experience.

Visited May 2011
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disappointing and a waste of money”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My husband and I came to Vegas to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary, he surprised me by making me a hair appointment at our hotels spa which was mandara at Paris. All I wanted was my hair curled it took the lady less than 20 minutes I had many pieces that I had to go and curl myself that she had missed, she barely held a conversation with me and my hair was over a hundred dollars! I would never go to or recommend this spa ever!! I was so excited to get the spa experience but was sadly disappointed . What a waste of money!

3 Thank Syamada21
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“La Vie en MOLD”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

It is amazing that a property that was built in the 1990's could have a spa that looks like it was lifted right out of the 1970's--and not in a fun, retro, kitschy way. NO, it was more like stepping back into a faded old YMCA that hadn't been cleaned in years.

They answer the phone with a desultory "Namaste" as if they are taking you on a journey to Bali, Java or Sri Lanka. Upon arrival, it looks more like the departure lounge at Newark airport and the locker room is just that--a locker room with bright honey stained lockers, fluorescent lights and formica countertops. There is no atmosphere. One or two teak wood carvings hang on the walls, but that's about all there is...

I could continue with narrative, but a list seems more appropriate...so, here goes, and in no particular order....

1. The whirlpool was not working for the entire three hours we were there.
2. The steam room was not filled with steam until the attendant came and squeezed a bottle of water into one of the vents to reduce the temperature and get the steam flowing again (tacky)
3. The plunge pool has dirt in it.
4. The whirlpool has mold around the drain.
5. The steam room has mustard colored tiling (think Trenton YMCA...sorry, Trenton...) and several of the tiles are actually missing (perhaps that is what the manager meant when she told us they were in the process of remodeling).
6. The grout in the steam room is any color between off-white and black (mostly black)
7. There were never more than six clean towels anywhere in the spa (and often NO towels at all!!!)
8. The showers had inconsistent toiletries (one had shampoo, conditioner and a large anti-bacterial hand soap...another had two shampoos, one body wash and no conditioner...)
9. There were no cold washclothes...until we asked...and then there were a few put into an old wine cooler bucket that had some sort of cleaning spray hanging from it.
10. Garbage abounds...There were used washcloths, towels and plastic cups all over the place (The sauna was not cleaned out during the three hours we were there...yes, the clientelle should not be so sloppy, but that doesn't excuse the staff from allowing the mess to remain)

The massage was fine. Nothing special, but nice. Can't fault the therapist for the venue.

It struck me as odd that when we complained, the staff seemed to nod in agreement and asked us to fill out forms that would be sent directly to the VP of the spa.

The Mandara website says "Transcent, Transform, Trust the Moment" and is filled with beautiful atmospheric candle-lit images. I can't trust anything but what I saw in the fluorescent gym-like room. It is hard to believe that the Mandara brand allows this spa to remain a part of its product line!

The website says, "Today there are over 70 Mandara spas...each maintaining its reverence for Balinise tradition..." I find it hard to believe that anything about the Paris Mandara Spa reflects the traditions of Bali apart from images of rusty rickshaws, dusty unpaved roads and faded laundry hung over stagnant pools of water.

I have been to several Vegas spas and hands down, this is the worst.

Visited January 2012