“Palms is the place to be in Vegas!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palms Casino Resort

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #47 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
Waterdown
“Palms is the place to be in Vegas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Stayed at the Palms while playing in the WSOP and over the July 4 long weekend. Location was perfect for me as poker tournament was across the street at the Rio. I also enjoyed less crowded atmosphere than the strip (which was ridiculously busy July 4 long weekend). I prefer this location than the strip where I have also stayed many times (others may disagree wanting to be in the center of the action so to speak). This is a trendy hotel catering to a younger crowd. This is the place to be if you are looking to party and have a good time with fun people. Customer service is a priority at this hotel and service was top notch. Dealers remember your name and the drinks are free flowing (you won't find this on the strip). Room was adequate and bed was comfortable. The hotel offers many amenities including several excellent restaurants. I had dinner at Nove Italiano and Alize, both food and service were excellent. Buffet and 24/7 Cafe were also good if you are looking for something quick. Can't say enough about the friendly staff and excellent service at this hotel. Thank you Palms!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (779)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

Room - I admit my expectations were low for this property based on mixed reviews. We however, could not pass on a VIP Package offer for Three (3) Complimentary Nights in the Fantasy Tower Deluxe Room, $250 Food & Beverage Credit, and 1 Day Rental of a Pool Cabana, VIP Access to Nightclubs (Playboy, Moon, Rain, etc.) and Limo Service from/ to the Airport. Check-in was effortless as our clerk called our Casino Host, Tara, who greet us, explained our package and her availability for any of our needs. I must say, the room was a nice surprise….modern, comfortable bedding, spa tub (single sink and no separate shower), in-room safe, tall “clean” windows (unlike Aria’s dirty windows), 37” flat screen TV (ceiling speaker in Bathroom to transmit TV Audio). Overall, I really liked the room and wouldn’t mind staying again.

Meals – Our first meal was at the 24/7 Café as just wanted carry us thru the afternoon. We order from their “Chinese Menu” and it actually pretty good. My wife order some shrimp and lobster entre. I order my typical extra spicy beef fried rice. Everything was fine except our Waitress was a little short at times? Not sure what her problem was I just chalked it up as her having a bad day. Our next meal was actually taken the next day at the Cabana as we order burgers, sandwiches, water, bucket of beer, etc. We later discovered this was an expensive all day event as related to meals ($100). The next day we had our meal during Happy Hour at Nove Italian Restaurant located on 52nd floor (great strip views). I think I tried almost everything on their Happy Hour Menu and order Braised Beef Ravioli…..all was excellent. Finally at Check-out we had a quick breakfast at the 24/7 Café ….it was okay, but the waitress service was great.

Pool/Cabana – The pool area was very nice, the Cabana was great, (music a little loud for us) as the pool occupancy was only about 40% capacity….plenty of loungers and unused Cabanas. Now this may have been because we were there on a Tuesday, in any case I really like not having the crowds. We met the Pool Manager, Daren who was very helpful and friendly. The Cabana had a crescent shape lounge to the rear, table in the center with two containers for storing beer and water in ice, a 42” Flat Screen TV, Ceiling Fan and a couple of loungers outside the Cabana…very nice. I recommend if you can make it happen….it is worth renting a Cabana anytime you are using a pool.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Probably the best trip to Vegas I've had in several years...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank docrodie1
Saginaw, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

I was emailed a 2-night "comped" offer and thought I'd give the hotel a try. I also spent 2-nights "comped" at the Luxor during this trip.

I depend heavily on the reviews on this website and knew that I wanted to stay in the Fantasy Tower if at all possible. When I asked for a free upgrade the counter person said they couldn't because the hotel was booked full, but that I could get an upgrade for $20 extra per night. "Wait a minute, I thought she said the hotel was booked full"??

I refused to pay for the upgrade and went to check out my Deluxe Tower room. The room was very tired looking!! I would compare it to the old rooms at the Excalibur.

Now the "fun" began!! The casino was pretty much empty during my stay (Monday & Tuesday night!), and I was amazed at how slow the cocktail service was when I was playing slots. While playing blackjack I about fell on the floor from disgust/shock when the waitress served me (repeatedly!!) my rum & coke in a plastic cup!! I asked the pit boss what that was all about, he just shook his head and walked away. The waitress said that the dish-washer was broke down?!? I laughed with the rest of the table and told them that maybe I should just bring in my own brown bag of booze next time!!

One woman at the table was drinking a glass of wine, when she re-ordered they brought her the next drink in a high-ball glass!?! We all had to laugh....to stop from crying!!

I did find the casino to be very clean and not smokey at all. Also, the workers were all very friendly. And the buffet was pretty decent too.

Because they didn't offer a decent shuttle service to the Strip, I spent most of my time going across the street to the Gold Coast & Rio because their shuttle's ran pretty much all day/night.

I think that the Palms is probably more concerned with being a party spot for weekender's versus being a full service casino and hotel.

I don't think I would go back again, even if the room was comped, because I can get an "average" room on the strip where all the action is........plus have my room comped there too!

On a good note, when i got back home I was emailed a survey from the Palms. I filled it out as honestly as I wrote this review, and was surprised to get a reply from the General Mngr that apologized for the bad service that I had received.

I should also point out the The Luxor "did" give me a free upgrade while I stayed at their hotel during this trip!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank airbrush101
Novi, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I visited this hotel in early March and stayed 2 nights there and 2 nights in a suite at the Hard Rock. When we checked in and I saw how piteful the standard room was, we asked for the upgrade. When I asked to actually SEE the upgraded room, they said that they couldn’t show me, but they could only show me a PICTURE of it. Fine. The woman at the desk said that the upgrade was SO much better and that we would really like it. I trusted her judgment and paid the $50 more a night for the upgraded unit. The upgrade was nothing special at all, and we were disappointed once we saw it. The décor is plain, bland, and just not special at all. I reasoned that I would deal with it because we were going to a nicer hotel in 2 days anyway.

Why this hotel sucks:

-The hotel décor itself is really unimpressive if you have stayed at almost every hotel in Las Vegas. There isn’t even a lobby. You walk in and there are a bunch of slot machines and a check in to your left. From the moment you walk in you will just think to yourself, “This is it?”

-The hotel rooms are gross and just subpar. This is Vegas and I expect to be wowed. This was a wow, but in a bad way…more like, “Wow. This sucks.”

- The bathroom amenities are almost 100% geared toward men. Expect men’s razor products and other acts of randomness.

Who this hotel would be perfect for:

I would say that this hotel is good for men. This is nothing fancy, no bells and whistles. The Playboy Club is there and that is pretty much the best part of the hotel. This is the hotel I would pick if I were planning someone’s bachelor party.

What doesn’t suck:

- The Budda restaurant was cool, although the sushi, much like the hotel was subpar. You can get better or equal in most other places. The atmosphere is really good though.
- Playboy Club / Moon are really cool and worth the trip.
- I felt like they have a nice, friendly staff. Nothing wrong there, just the property wasn’t for me / us / anyone with good taste.

Overall

I was SO glad to be leaving. The room at the Hard Rock blew us away. GO THERE. They are running great deals, the rooms are impressive and stunning with the same, edgy / trendy vibe. I wouldn’t stay at the Palms again, but would return for their clubs.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank TravelingBeautifully
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

The rooms in the Palms Tower are like Holiday Inn rooms with lumpy, gross pillows, old televisions, dirty and old bathrooms and that smell of mildew that lingers in older hotels. I paid $30 per night extra to switch to a room in the Fantasy Tower and it is like a completely different hotel: luxurious bed with a flat screen television and new gorgeous bathroom.

This hotel is great! It is laid out well and has a young, hip feeling. Not lots of families or elderly - mostly a younger crowd. I sat poolside (no shade unless you spend money on a $500 per day cabana so wear a hat) and the waitresses wear bikinis and high heels! So Vegas.

The clubs Moon and Rain (in the hotel) have gorgeous views and are worth a visit.

Go and enjoy if this all sounds appealing but please stay in the Fantasy Tower.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank pastular18
Henderson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

I love the fact that this place is not so huge you get lost from one end of the casino to the other. Perfect size, great location just off the strip. It is close enough to be on the strip in minutes, but far enough away to avoid the grid-lock when leaving or coming back to the hotel. Excellent restaurants, great casino, a winner in Las Vegas!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends