“If you're over 40 look somewhere else” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palms Casino Resort

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #54 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Granite Bay, CA
“If you're over 40 look somewhere else”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

We were there three days for my niece's wedding at the Palms Place, but began our stay in the Palms Casino. This place is definitely for the 20s to 30s crowd. It's always loud with music for that generation. In the late afternoon after spending the day at the pool a lot of hyped up drunk guys overloaded on testosterone are running around being really obnoxious and loud. Hey, I get drunk, but I never bother people like an idiot. I'm 56 and grew up with rock music but this music is not my thing. The place also literally stinks. They use some kind of very strong air freshener to mask the cigarette smoke and it just about choked me. I'd almost rather smell the smoke. I went to several casinos and The Palms was definitely the strongest odor in Las Vegas! The room was the cheapest one they have in the old tower and it really looked okay at first. Then we found the toilet didn't flush. Others in our family had the same problem. We called Housekeeping and asked for a razor, but it never came. Later we were told they ran out of razors, but no one bothered to call and tell us that. We were on the 8th floor and the music from the nightclub on the first floor filtered up through the building so we could hear it on the 8th floor and woke up a few times in the night. My wife had had it and we paid an extra $60 to move over to the Palms Place for night 2 and 3. That was a pretty good deal and it was much nicer and quieter up on the 21st floor. Others in my family continued to have toilet and water problems in the Palms Casino and the water was turned off for a couple of hours. I would not stay in the Casino again, but the Palms Place was okay. I give the Casino a rating of 3 only because the staff were generally nice and tried to be helpful. And oh yeah, the young women on Saturday night were plentiful and incredibly hot, so it would be a happening place if I were 30 years younger and single. It is definitely NOT a place for families with children although I saw a few there. Loud casinos are no place for small children. Get a sitter and have fun!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

My recent stay at the Palms was really a great experience! The place smells great as compared to most of the hotels in Vegas! The staff members were friendly and extremely helpful. The room was very clean and bedding was clean and crisp. The large fluffy bath towels were a plus. The food was very good with a spicy flare at the buffet and great drinks in the bar.

Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Albuquerque New Mexico, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

I hadn't been to Las Vegas in several years, and really wasn't looking forward to it... but it was my boyfriends birthday, and he hadn't been.
We stayed at the Palms, recieved first class service the entire time and had the time of our life!! Between the great restuarants and beautiful bars, I am sold! We are already planning our next Vegas Vacation!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

From the minute I walked into The Palms, I received a down to earth welcoming.
I was reeling back from food poisoning 24-hours prior. Needed to stay for one more day of business when I checked into The Palms. I casually mentioned my situation as an after thought, of I'm glad to be here but can't wait to get home. Just like that, from check-in to check out I had the best 24-hour service I ever received at a hotel. Staff and service are incredible even if you're not a gambler. Thanks! You can count on my return and me telling everyone I know about your customer service.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Ventura Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

I go to Vegas often and have stayed at MANY of the large casino hotels. I must say that Palms is one of the funnest atmospheres and great value/service! Palms Place is a notch up as there is no smoking or gambling. Its more of a nice hotel with great restaurants & a lovely pool! The people are amazing. Especially the Palms Pool and Bungalows! HIGHLY recommend!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

My best friend and I stayed at the palms from 5/11-15. It was my first time visiting the city, and her second time. Our standard room was updated (plasma, Bose CD, music in bathroom, jacuzzi tub), very nice, and thoroughly cleaned daily by housekeeping. Other guests were never a nuisance, and the hallways were very quiet. Security always made sure everyone approaching the elevators to the rooms always displayed a room key. The 24/7 eatery was decent, and N9NE steakhouse was divine. The Wednesday Raw Bar seafood buffet was nothing to write home about, but their other choices were pretty good. Guadino's was sub-par but sufficient if you're starving. There's a fro-yo place called Blizzberry in the food court we found and grew addicted to. I had an awesome pedicure at the spa and my girlfriend and I had a blast at the Ditch Friday's pool party. It was a little inconvenient being so far from the strip, but our experience at the hotel made up for the distance. We were able to go to ghostbar (nice, make sure you go out onto the platform with the glass floor but DO NOT order the house signature the "ghostini") and the playboy cub (overrated and a waste of time unless you just want to catch a few pics with bunnies). Like other reviews said, the casino IS very small, but that's only an issue if you're serious about gaming. Next trip I'm going to make sure I stay on the strip, but future visits may bring me back to the Palms.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Sunrise, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

I am not a big fan of the Palms. It is off of the strip and the room I had was not bad, but the bed was uncomfortable. The casino was cluttered and cramped and I didn't like the way the chips felt. The clubs the palms offers are very exciting, but if you aren't staying at the casino, cost at least 10 to get in, plus they only give you one pass, so if you are staying 2 or three nights, you will end up paying anyway. I had two nights at the Palms, but I left after one night because I wanted to be closer to the strip. The pool area is OK at best.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo