“Good Value off the strip”

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #71 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have stayed here 3 times now. I prefer it as it's slightly off the strip and feels more like a hotel than a shopping centre or massive resort than some of the others. Ghost bar is a fantastic way to view the city and Ditch Fridays is an awesome way to enjoy a pool party/ day club. cabana's cost around $1000 US with drinks included. British travellers beware of using debit cards as all costs are pre-authorised then charged which means your bank will register double the charge on your account for about 5 days or so. Try and use normal credit cards or cash up front if this is an issue.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 10, 2014

No serious complaints about my recent stay at the Palms. However, for what I was looking for, I would probably prefer to stay somewhere on the strip.

Booked a Travelzoo deal for this property for $49/night. For a 4 star property I thought it was a pretty good rate and worth booking over a lesser ranked property on-strip. Our trip was National Park centered and we used the Palms as our base for visiting Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park.

Pros
- modern, comfortable rooms
- wide range of services available (dining, entertainment, pools, etc.)
- free parking
- great pool & spa
- free shuttle (didn't run frequently enough though - we ended up taking a cab because we didn't want to wait 30 mins)

Cons
- for someone not "using" the facilities too much, the resort fee was pretty pricey at $28/night
- no mini fridge unless you want to pay a daily rate (and you can't use the minibar as a fridge either)
- buffet was not great imo
- no bathtub
- did not get requested room type (not that big of a deal for us but may be to others)
- room service was crazy expensive. we couldn't find a menu in our room so we ordered a normal breakfast over the phone. Coffee was $10-15 and the total for 2 standard breakfasts was $65.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sneaknsmiles
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

When we got there the front desk person was awesome and helped us get a great room for a good deal. Then we fun out our room is so far away also there is no casino in our tower of hotel and in the side where there is a casino there is no poker room that's not good. I always ha to leave our casino to play poker and also it took forever to get a taxi. It took forever man it wasn't good we won't be coming back. Unless the um never mind yea we probably won't be back. But the front desks and the people were awesome so that's y I gave 3 stars.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Leon K
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night (Aug 5th) and made the reservation the same day. Total bill was about $105. Check-in was super easy as we did not arrive until 4:30 pm. We had requested two queens, non-smoking (which is what we got in the Fantasy Tower). We did ask for the highest floor available and received a room on the 15th floor (not the highest, not the lowest). Our room faced Flamingo Road (slight view of hotels toward the strip). The view at night was nice, but the most colorful lights were from the Palms signage.

The pool closes at 6 pm during the week (not so fun for people traveling with kids). We were able to enjoy the pool the next morning (opens at 10 am).

The Palms has a shuttle that will take you to The Forum Shops. The shuttle runs every half hour and our driver had his radio tuned to rock (fun!). Side note--what is wrong with people that they can't say hello to the driver or thank them when they get off? Also, don't be cheap and tip the driver!! C'mon people!!!

Back to the subject: you can call down to the Front Desk and ask for a Late Check-Out (opposed to the regular of 11am)---if they have any available. We did and was told that they were offering a noon check-out. Nice!

Casino was clean. Didn't eat here so I don't have any info to offer.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The room was beautiful it actually surpassed our expectations, the view was amazing! That being said, after putting our bag down and sitting on the bed we noticed a few scary things.... 1) there was food on the floor under the ottoman (obviously the housekeeper didn't move it when she vacuumed...) There were unsettling stains on the comforter and pillow... and the final straw was when I went to use the toilet and there on the seat was a PUBE..... We called the front desk and they handled the issues quickly and professionally. The woman the sent to re-clean the room was super nice and did a great job! the resort fee was waved and we were very happy after that:) One other issue was at the actual casino, when you gamble they give you free drinks which is wonderful... I took my drink back into the room and with the lights on I saw my glass had several different shades of lipstick along the rim.... I don't ware lipstick so that was pretty gross....

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VegasBabyNevada
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Palms is my favorite and in my opinion one of the best places to stay while in Las Vegas. My room in the Fantasy Tower was perfect. The room layout was perfect and was in great condition. The room attendant was very accommodating, and allowed for privacy, and came back once we left the room and replenished any used products. Check in was easy and fast. There was a good vibe felt in the casino on both Friday and Saturday night. I would not hesitate to book a room at The Palms, due to the room conditions and staff. The resort is about 3 blocks from the strip, so it is ideal to have rental vehicle, although they do offer shuttle service to the strip. Being away from the strip might be a welcome surprise since we did not encounter any obnoxious drunks stumbling around.

Room Tip: Fantasy Tower rooms are very nice!! The higher floors have the nicest rooms in my opinion.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Will return to this hotel! The main reason I stayed at the Palms is for a concert at the Pearl Concert Theater. What a sweet little secret here, if you ever need to see someone perform at the Pearl it's an amazing small venue, any seat is a good seat. I stayed in the Fantasy Tower which was nicer that I thought it would be. Very clean roomy two gueen size room, very comfortable beds! The casino floor itself has lots of options for plenty to do, i.e., eateries, nice bars and lounge areas. I had the best experience at the Palms! The shuttle bus ride from the airport was less that $10 per person.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends