“I expected more”

Ranked #65 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“I expected more”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is our third trip to Vegas and I have to admit that the last trip was 12 years ago. Things in Vegas have changed quite a bit. I gambled on the floor for at least an hour and a half and not one person asked me if I wanted a beverage. The prices at the pool are totally unreasonable, unless this is the "new" Vegas. 15.00 for an 8 oz Margarita? Really? The room itself was okay, but the TV and phone did not work right and there was no bathtub, just a shower. We ate at the 24/7 cafe which was pretty good and once at the buffet where we were pretty much forgotten by the waitress. I would not stay there again, but if you have money to burn this would be the place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jujee50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (849)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I loved being off of the strip and away from the chaos, but able to take a free shuttle over to it when we wanted. Having everything that we wanted to do in the casino so conveniently located was a big bonus. Not having to walk a mile to get a beverage or to get to our room was priceless. The pool area was huge and absolutely gorgeous. The 24 hour restaurant served delicious fresh food no matter what time we went and the staff there was always top-notch and happy to help in any way. We were on the 35th floor and the view was absolutely breathtaking. The service at The Palms was amazing! We had a great time and will definitely be back.

The only complaint I had about the room was the TV. It was very small considering the room size and difficult to get it to work. I am used to much larger TV's when travelling so this was a surprise to get an older, smaller one that caused more irritation when trying to change the channels than it was worth.

The only other issue was the bath tub. It was the greatest bathtub I have ever seen in a hotel for the price we paid. I was so excited to use it! However, when I did, I was interrupted by a loud knock on the door saying there was a water leak and they needed to get in to fix it. As it turned out, there was a pipe from the jets that had a leak and I was unable to use the bathtub. I was so bummed! But the service men were very nice and apologetic so it was fine. Another example of their great staff.

Great value-gorgeous hotel and the best service I have ever had. Thank you for a great stay Palms! Looking forward to seeing you again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank RochelleD1020
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We loved the room. Close to hot spot Ghost Bar! We loved the circular bed pillow! Go to the spa at Palms Place...you deserve it! The gambling was fun. The full pay poker machines were very entertaining. Buffet was grata with Snow Crab legs for Easter.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rochester, NY
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel was amazing. The views from our room were to die for... We ended up moving into a sweet, which was very large and had an amazing views of red rock canyon... Being that it is off the strip, there was never a heavy casino traffic... Tables were always available and people were winning... They have a wide variety of restaurants to choose from, and the movie theater was awesome too... All of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We definitely will return to this hotel and recommend it to anyone visiting Las Vegas

Fro

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank allylovesNYC
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed April 28, 2014

50th birthday celebration - the 1 bedroom suite was great for 3 women who like their space. Handy to have an extra toilet. Views unbelievable on the 52nd floor - appreciated nonsmoking and hotel was separate from casino....very quiet
Décor not our type, too dark, but clean and bed comfortable
Valet staff was the top - helpful , courtesy and kind

Room Tip: A tidbit, higher floors, ceiling to floor windows - had balcony, but unable to go out on it - they k...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Darlene D
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We came at 3:10 and the room was not ready even when I told them my mom is 86 years old was disabled and tired from a long trip from California, they told me they were going to call me at my cell phone when the room was ready, they never did, I went to the registration desk at 6:30pm and ask them, they did not give me any apology for the delay, they just gave me the room key.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
10 Thank Catalina1948
New Zealand
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My business partner and I stayed for a few nights in January. The check in was fast and friendly and was completed in approximately two minutes. We had a uber modern room two floors from the top. Our room had floor to ceiling windows and offered a panoramic view of the strip and over to the Hugh Heffner suite in the Palms other building. The casino had a good feel to it and was never crowded like some of the strip casinos. While it was off the strip, it was only a two minute drive away from the action. The room was ultra modern and trendy. The bathroom was something to wish for at home. Self parking was always easy to obtain. The $9 buffet breakfast was one to die for. I have never seen anything some substantial for choice. The waiting staff were always friendly and helpful. I would consider going back to this hotel just for the breakfast. We got a black Friday special rate on the Palms Website and the room probably half the price of a strip room, with twice the quality..

Room Tip: The refurbed rooms are stunning !!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business