“What a bunch of fakes”

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #71 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas

Let's see....here we go:

stayed there 11 days (work put us there and paid)

1.) service
hmmm.....was there service? last straw was when they double booked my room and made me move because of a high roller. When I moved the misplaced my suit bags and made me pay to ship them after I left the hotel....any real hotel would have stepped up to the plate and fixed the situation, but not a FAKE one like this.

2.) decor
Nice, in all the lounges, clubs, etc...not at all functional though. The sinks in the rooms drain onto the counter if you wash your hands....kinda funny, but has to be tiring on the maids.

Same with the pool, nice looking, but no way to move around, not enough seats/chairs or anything else. They force you to buy their overpriced drinks, most pools let you slide if you are carrying plastic containers.

3.) food
*if I gave it 1 of 5 stars that may be too much....we tried the diner 2 times, both a disaster, tried the buffet 4 times....stale, bland, very poor selection of cheap dishes (gotta keep food cost low, right?)

4.) people staying there
*Can you say fake, fake and holy hot tamales, a lot of working women. A friend and I sat at one of the bars and watched the elegant ballet of cash friendly women move from end to end of the bar, up stairs with one guy, back down in 25 mins, back up with another and so on...it was the most amusing when there was one who was nearly 65 years old...YIKES!!

As for the fakes....if you ever wondered where unintelligent meat heads and fake OC looking people hang out this is clearly the hotel...don't have a conversation and you will be fine...

overall:

would not recommend it even if you were staying there for free like us. There's better service/quality at nearly every other hotel in Vegas.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank onlinereviews4U

Services
1. We had two shoulder bags, one carry on, one laptop bag and two camera bags (DSLR with additional lenses). Not a single person from valet/bell services came up to us to help.
2. Valet in Vegas normally knows that some taxis only take cash. But before they got us in the taxi they never bothered to ask us if we are carrying cash with us or we want to pay with credit (It was our fault too, but then hotels in Vegas are known for there services).
3. When we checked-In receptionist never told us about any of the clubs, restaurants or any other service at the hotel. She didn't smile even once. Reception desk's attitude in general lacked cordiality and hospitableness and it made us feel very unwelcomed. The behavior of security standing at the elevator was intrusive and distasteful. I felt like i was passing through airport security after a sensor beeped on me.
4. Primary reason I reserved my room at The Palms was that I had heard about the night scene there and because it was The Palms I didn't bother to check out the reviews. So when reception gave us the complimentary VIP pass, we were excited. But even with the pass and the room key we were not able to get into any of the club without paying the cover charges, kinda sucked for us (we got into line thinking we wont have to pay the cover charge, then at the gate it was either pay-up or get out. Its just I thought The Palms was one of the premier hotel/casino in Vegas, but i was so wrong.

Room
If I hadn't walked through the reception and the casino I would have assumed that we were staying at holiday inn or any comparable "Motel". Nothing about the room, furniture or TV service (TV was prolly 15 years old) showed that we were staying at a premier hotel in Las vegas.

So overall i was very unsatisfied and i dont think i will ever go back to The Palms. But i hope they improve, as I graduated from UC Davis and i am a Sacramento Kings fan, and i know how passionate Maloof brothers are in whatever they do (But then Kings suck now, so i guess i cant really say that anymore). But i hope this review will help you to decide where to stay in Vegas.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank desiwave
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I live in Vegas and when we have family come to town we always get a couple of rooms for all of us to stay in. This year we decided to stay at the Palms

We stayed there in mid August. We were able to get a deluxe room in the "Fantasy Tower" for $69. a night through the hotel's website. This was a good deal for Vegas but I wasn't too impressed once we got there. We had to wait almost 45 minutes to check in and there were only 6 people ahead of us when we got in line. There were 5 registration people just standing around talking to each other instead of helping customers check in.

When we got to our room it was nice but didn't really seem like an upgrade from standard to deluxe. The room compared to the standard rooms at the Monte Carlo.

The pool was amazing but I didn't appreciate the guard at the entrance that demanded to check my purse and bag each time we were there. It was a little too much! There were also 4 security guards walking around the pool at 9am--there were only about 10 guests in and around the pool so I totally did not get that--it was a little uncomfortable.

The thing that really gets me is that the Palms tries to act like it is the place for the young hip crowd but all we saw there was a bunch of senior citizens on their scooters in the casino. There was no young crowd gambling and if it hadn't been for the seniors the casino would have been empty.

The restaurants were average for Vegas. Quite honestly there are several local restaurants that are better (Chicago Joes, Carluccios).

The best part of the trip was seeing Phantom at the Venetian--it was amazing!

Overall the room was ok but I will probably go back to the Monte Carlo the next time we have family in town.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ksvegas
Reviewed August 27, 2008

I was really excited to have a girl’s weekend at the Palms last week. I booked a reservation online and couldn't wait to get there. However, once arriving we waited almost an hour to check in and then we're given a dirty room. After an hour and a half and plenty of rude front desk agents we were finally in a clean room and ready to go out for the night. When we did make it back to our room in the wee hours of the night there were people running all over the hall ways and security refused to do anything to help us. I'm not going to waste my time going thru all the other incidents that happened during the weekend but let’s just say we had only cold water in the showers, room service with burnt food and horrible service. This hotel obviously prioritizes themselves on being a party hotel and needs to learn how to be more hospitable.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vegasgrl22
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Got a great deal with Vegas.com. Heard so much about how great the Palms is we had to try it. You would think since this is the latest celebrity hot spot the place would be awesome. The staff is extremely helpful. Some of the "pretty" girls that work as cocktail waitresses are a little unsophisticated unlike their counterparts at the ritzier hotels on the strip. Be prepared for a lot of taxi rides if you want to leave the hotel since it is a pretty far distance from the strip. If you ever want to stay at a Frat House this is the place. Very noisy in the late night early morning hours. A lot of young guys running up and down the halls yelling at the top of their lungs. The beds are very worn out (saggy and lumpy) for a newer hotel. Open condom wrappers (not ours) falling out from our supposedly clean sheets after we checked-in. Did i mention the very thin walls. You can hear everything!!! The pools close early for "Private" parties. However one of the hotel staff told us to go to the Palms Place Pool which closes at 6pm, but reopens at 8pm to midnight with outside bars (this pool is also subject to close for a "private party". No complaints about the food. All restaurants are awesome. No buffets for me. No place for the kiddies, fun for the adults. The Ghostbar, Playboy Club and Moon are all places to see. No fancy shows to go to. I think I would pay a little more and go somewhere a little more tasteful. If I was 21 I would probably think this was the best place on earth. This is definately a Party Hotel. Been there done that. One more thing, you might see the occasional "want-to-be" celebrity like the Sunset Tan people walking around with their orange skin.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank jwil301
Reviewed August 15, 2008

My wife and I booked a weekend in Vegas around seeing comedian Eddie Izzard at the Pearl Theater at The Palms.
I managed to snag a good deal on a four-night stay there through Expedia.
We arrived Friday afternoon, and the lobby was already buzzing with young people flying in for the weekend. At registration, the clerk informed us that the hotel was over-booked. She said we could accept the room as booked, or the Palms would pay to put us up at The Venetian for two nights, refund what we'd already paid for the two nights, and then upgrade us to a suite for our last two nights at The Palms. I mentioned that we were seeing the show at The Pearl that night, and she quickly responded that they'd send a limo for us to bring us to the show.
We opted for the Venetian deal, and our desk clerk gave us $20 cash for cab fare.
The standard room at The Venetian was gorgeous! Sunken living room, two flat-screen tv's, a huge bathroom with twin sinks.
Our limo showed up as planned, and the concert was awesome.The Pearl is a fabulous venue.
When we switched hotels on Sunday, we were originally given a standard room. I returned to the front desk and reminded them that we were supposed to be given an upgrade. I was quickly given keys to a Salon Suite, which list as $500-$750, a far cry from the $80 I'd paid Expedia!
The Salon Suite, in the Fantasy Tower, was beautiful. The king bed was one of the nicest I've ever slept in.
We spent a whole afternoon by the pool, with attentive staff looking after us.
We only tried the cafe and the buffet, as my wife had made a lot of reservations outside of The Palms. I thought both were very good for the price.
I really enjoyed the "vibe" of The Palms, and really appreciated the extent they went to to make our weekend enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed August 12, 2008

When I read the reviews on here before I booked i was on the verge of switching my hotel but it was too late. Our experience was actually pretty good and to be honest I think it's because of the all the poor experiences that guests had before us. I believe the hotel is aware of the bad service by their employees.

I called and spoke to front desk a few days before I checked in b/c I was really concerned about the service I may receive upon my arrival after reading all the reviews. . I informed the front desk of the reviews I read and they basically gave me the idea that The Palms functions differently, that since they have this hip new celebrity image that they don't have to compete with the hotels on the strip. Anyways, I believe they are going thru some major re-organization since they have realized in order to be a credible Hotel they are going to have to compete with the BIG Boys like Ventian, PH, Bellagio etc. (Especially if you're 1mile off the strip...)

To make a long story short...the experience was great. We were upgraded to the Penthouse in the old tower (which was new renovated) for 2 out of the 4 nights by simply asking for an comp upgrade.

Take a look at the photo below, I think the Palms is aware of their passed crappy service so they posted this in the room to do some Damage Control. Don't get me wrong...the service still needs improvement but I think they are trying to work on it.

Not bad if you can get this hotel for $99-129 /night.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple