“You get what you pay for!”

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #79 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Got a great deal with Vegas.com. Heard so much about how great the Palms is we had to try it. You would think since this is the latest celebrity hot spot the place would be awesome. The staff is extremely helpful. Some of the "pretty" girls that work as cocktail waitresses are a little unsophisticated unlike their counterparts at the ritzier hotels on the strip. Be prepared for a lot of taxi rides if you want to leave the hotel since it is a pretty far distance from the strip. If you ever want to stay at a Frat House this is the place. Very noisy in the late night early morning hours. A lot of young guys running up and down the halls yelling at the top of their lungs. The beds are very worn out (saggy and lumpy) for a newer hotel. Open condom wrappers (not ours) falling out from our supposedly clean sheets after we checked-in. Did i mention the very thin walls. You can hear everything!!! The pools close early for "Private" parties. However one of the hotel staff told us to go to the Palms Place Pool which closes at 6pm, but reopens at 8pm to midnight with outside bars (this pool is also subject to close for a "private party". No complaints about the food. All restaurants are awesome. No buffets for me. No place for the kiddies, fun for the adults. The Ghostbar, Playboy Club and Moon are all places to see. No fancy shows to go to. I think I would pay a little more and go somewhere a little more tasteful. If I was 21 I would probably think this was the best place on earth. This is definately a Party Hotel. Been there done that. One more thing, you might see the occasional "want-to-be" celebrity like the Sunset Tan people walking around with their orange skin.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank jwil301
Write a ReviewReviews (3,386)

Reviewed August 15, 2008

My wife and I booked a weekend in Vegas around seeing comedian Eddie Izzard at the Pearl Theater at The Palms.
I managed to snag a good deal on a four-night stay there through Expedia.
We arrived Friday afternoon, and the lobby was already buzzing with young people flying in for the weekend. At registration, the clerk informed us that the hotel was over-booked. She said we could accept the room as booked, or the Palms would pay to put us up at The Venetian for two nights, refund what we'd already paid for the two nights, and then upgrade us to a suite for our last two nights at The Palms. I mentioned that we were seeing the show at The Pearl that night, and she quickly responded that they'd send a limo for us to bring us to the show.
We opted for the Venetian deal, and our desk clerk gave us $20 cash for cab fare.
The standard room at The Venetian was gorgeous! Sunken living room, two flat-screen tv's, a huge bathroom with twin sinks.
Our limo showed up as planned, and the concert was awesome.The Pearl is a fabulous venue.
When we switched hotels on Sunday, we were originally given a standard room. I returned to the front desk and reminded them that we were supposed to be given an upgrade. I was quickly given keys to a Salon Suite, which list as $500-$750, a far cry from the $80 I'd paid Expedia!
The Salon Suite, in the Fantasy Tower, was beautiful. The king bed was one of the nicest I've ever slept in.
We spent a whole afternoon by the pool, with attentive staff looking after us.
We only tried the cafe and the buffet, as my wife had made a lot of reservations outside of The Palms. I thought both were very good for the price.
I really enjoyed the "vibe" of The Palms, and really appreciated the extent they went to to make our weekend enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed August 12, 2008

When I read the reviews on here before I booked i was on the verge of switching my hotel but it was too late. Our experience was actually pretty good and to be honest I think it's because of the all the poor experiences that guests had before us. I believe the hotel is aware of the bad service by their employees.

I called and spoke to front desk a few days before I checked in b/c I was really concerned about the service I may receive upon my arrival after reading all the reviews. . I informed the front desk of the reviews I read and they basically gave me the idea that The Palms functions differently, that since they have this hip new celebrity image that they don't have to compete with the hotels on the strip. Anyways, I believe they are going thru some major re-organization since they have realized in order to be a credible Hotel they are going to have to compete with the BIG Boys like Ventian, PH, Bellagio etc. (Especially if you're 1mile off the strip...)

To make a long story short...the experience was great. We were upgraded to the Penthouse in the old tower (which was new renovated) for 2 out of the 4 nights by simply asking for an comp upgrade.

Take a look at the photo below, I think the Palms is aware of their passed crappy service so they posted this in the room to do some Damage Control. Don't get me wrong...the service still needs improvement but I think they are trying to work on it.

Not bad if you can get this hotel for $99-129 /night.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrulyCanadian786
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I just got back from the Palms casino in Vegas and had a great time. I had been to Vegas before and always stayed at the Venetian, so this was my first time staying at the much smaller Palms. If you are going to stay here, bear in mind that you are going to stay at a place that is very hip, and laid back. Go here if you want to hang by the pool during the day and party/gamble at night. I found the staff to be very friendly, and helpful. Our room was nice, and the beds were very comfortable. If I had to rate my favorite thing about the palms I would without a doubt say the pool, especially on Friday’s ( DITCH FRIDAYS!!) You will be blown away. Great music, drinks, and beautiful people (guys and girls). Do not be intimidated though, the Ditch staff was great, friendly, and everyone in the pool was unpretentious.

I’m not a huge gambler, but will be going back every year just for the fantastic pool scene, and friendly staff at the Casino. Thanks Palms!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I wish I would have read the earlier reviews and maybe I wouldn't have wasted my time with this hotel. My friend and I went out to Vegas on a Thursday.

The bell staff was very friendy and welcoming, I assumed we were off to a good start.... until we reached the front desk. We were able to check into our room on time but the girl at the front desk was one of the rudest people I have ever had to deal with in my life. Absolutely miserable.

Though we were supposed to be in the new tower, we ended up in the old one. The rooms were extremely small and had horrible lighting. Bathrooms were small and water pressure is very weak. The beds, I must admit, were fantastic, along with room service.

The casino/lobby area is nice, but small. Bartenders were quick and friendly. The dealers were average. Little Buddha is fantastic and I would encourage everyone to check it out.

There are much better hotels in Vegas where customer service is a priority unlike The Palms.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We got a great great great rate. I think it was about $60 per night (weekday).

When we got there about 6pm, after driving from L.A., parking was a mess. We ended up parking the vehicle ourselves. Got to the check in counter, where there were 2 more guests in front of us, but it took us 48 minutes to get to the check in lady.

When we finally got to her, it was almost 7pm. The lady told us to wait for 1,5 hours for our room to be ready. After complaining, they gave us un upgrade to the Playboy tower, which was great. If not, I think we would have been given a room on the old tower, which I suspect would have been a disappointment.

The room was A++. Everything was nice, roomy, confy, lovely. Bathroom and the room itself were pretty large. Ammenities: A++.

The Casino was kind of boring. The location was also a negative, as it is not on the strip.

Food in the hotel is below average.

Pool was stuffed with people (was about 100 or 110 those days). I guess if it had been a weekend, there would be no room.

Overall, nice rooms, boring casino, below avarage food, bad location. Would try other resorts next time.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PabloARG
Reviewed July 5, 2008

I was excited to try out The Palms because, being younger (early 30's) and enjoying the vegas nightlife, I had stayed at the Hard Rock and Planet Hollywood and, while I thought they were good experiences, I wanted to try something new. Unfortunately, I was 100% disappointed. To start, the first night we stayed at one of the top suites at the Palms (over $3,000/night)... while the suite was okay, the service was horrible and they treated us like they were always doing us a favor whenever we had a request (such as "the bathrooms are dirty and the sheets have stains on them... can we please get this fixed"). The room smelled like smoke and they charged up $1.00 for the room phone. Yes, $1. Even if you never use the phone. I told them to remove the room phone and not charge us the dollar but they refused, saying it is mandatory to have a phone in the room... so, we are paying over 3K per night for a room and they have the worst SCAM in history going... $1 because the phone is in the room?!? Next thing you know, they'll be charging you for the toilet seat.

The suite wasn't available the last night we were there so we transferred to a junior suite, non-smoking. The moment we entered the room, we were hit by the worst cigarette smoke I've ever smelled. It took me over 10 minutes to reach the manager because the hotel operator and then the front desk kept on disconnecting me (they obviously make it very hard to get in contact with management... why?... because management wants it that way). When I finally talked to the front desk manager, he said "Sorry, we ask our guests not to smoke in non-smoking rooms but that's all we can do". Yes, that was his response. I asked to talk to his supervisor but he refused, saying the supervisor had left for the day and promised me that the supervisor would call me the very next day. Of course, we never received any call. And yes, on our bill was yet another $1/day "Line Access Fee" for the phone in our room, even though we never used it once. When I asked the front desk person about the $1 charge, she shrugged and said "yeah, I know that is the dumbest thing you've probably ever seen but the hotel manager wants it there so there is nothing I can do about it". So, it seems that the management is the true cause of the hotel being 100% crap and pulling ridiculous $1 scams.

The food was okay, the casino is very small. Overall, this was a terrible experience and I highly... HIGHLY... recommend anyone young and looking for fun in Vegas to stay at the Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood since both have excellent clubs and much (MUCH) better management and service.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends