“Underappreciated.”

Ranked #66 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Underappreciated.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Great price for what your get. Newly remodeled rooms are modern, comfortable, clean and large. My corner room had fantastic view of Strip. Decor of room was on the minimalist side. Slow WiFi in rooms included in resort fee. Casino is dark and rather empty. Buffet was great with free breakfast as part of the room price. Several restaurants, bars, fast food outlets, even cinema available plus small fitness center, spa and great swimming pool area,9 to 6. Next to other casinos like Rio. Short taxi ride or jog from the Strip. Fast check in and check out. Truly nice.

• Stayed September 2013
Louis V, Guest Relations Manager at Palms Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for the great sentiments 5football!

We appreciate your review and for sharing the details of your stay

We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (848)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wildwood, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I booked the Palms because I found a deal on Groupon. A little worried about not being on the strip, but I read they had a shuttle so I booked a mid priced room nothing special. I arrived early and the room was not ready was offered and no charge upgrade to a 2 bedroom 2 bath corner suite.. For the trouble of having to wait in the pool for about an hour or so.... I said ummmm YES! My son was joining me in a day so win win.. It started off great. They called me in about an hour as promised my bags in my room. The 31st floor with a wonderful view. as promised 2 bedrooms 2 baths and a living room to boot. not to shabby. The casino didn't smell of smoke like the usual ones..kinda odd , but happy. The drinks were wonderful not to pricy being in vegas. I got all dolled up that night and went to the Ghostbar that evening I felt like a star and looked like one too if I do say so myself. Not sure why, but didn't have to wait in line like the common people.. I am truly kidding, but I didn't. I am no spring chicken so I thought they might not even let me in so kudos to the front man...

I liked the smaller of the 2 pool choices the best loved the lily pad beds in the water. I am never sure why people bring their children to Las Vegas, but yada yada yada that's my personal problem.

They have so many choices of places to eat fast food ,2 coffee bars, or amazing 5 star dining.

The casino seemed small, but it is off the strip. I won at roulette the 2 evenings I played so I was a happy camper.

I will go back to Vegas and I will stay at the Palms...

Room Tip: In my case smile... I got an upgrade and was very happy...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Louis V, Guest Relations Manager at Palms Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for such a great review hairjamaica!!

It is truly a pleasure to read about an experience like you had, and we appreciate you for sharing. From the upgrade to the corner suite to the pool at Palms Place, we thank you for your feedback on the many things we offer that makes for an unrivaled experience.

We look forward to seeing you again!
Santa Maria, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Wow! I really enjoyed the suite in the Fantasy tower which we upgraded to at check-in. Well worth the cost. Every person on your staff exuded professionalism from check-in to making us "older folks" feel special at Ghostbar. We liked the gaming areas as well as the accommodations,.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ALBESURE04
Thank you for your outstanding review ALBESURE04!

It is very encouraging to hear about the staff's professionalism and the service that was provided, we take great pride in delivering an unrivaled experience.

We hope to see you visit us again!
Arkansas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was a little off the main strip~but made up for it with all the benefits! There were not the crowds in & out of the casino. Loved the newly renovated rooms! Very comfortable ~ Wifi a tad unreliable ~ Loved the food court!! Earl of Sandwich was the greatest surprise! We have loved it at Planet Hollywood & could not believe the luck of having one in our hotel!! There was a great hotdog/chicken strip ? maybe Nathan's? joint as well that we loved! All the staff in the hotel were so nice & helpful. I'm not sure how to comment on the pool! It must be THE place to be in Vegas! Huge crowds ~ Loud music ~ but very happening! We all really liked the spa ... I would highly recommend this hotel ... especially if transportation is not an issue. We used the hotel shuttle a lot ~ and taxi's the rest of the time. Had a great time at the Palms!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for such a great review nurseparker!

It is so welcoming to hear about an experience like yours. Nathan's is indeed one of the many wonderful food court options we offer. The pool has certainly been a tremendous success and with comments like yours will continue to be.

Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again!
Calgary
Reviewed September 3, 2013

At first I wasn't too impressed with the Palms. But after an afternoon on the strip it was a welcome relief to arrive "home".
The front desk check-in was very accomodating considering the hotel was full. We were abel to switch to the Fantasy Tower which is 100% smoke free. The rooms are typical of standard rooms in Vegas, we did ask for an upgrade (and were willing to pay), but as I mentioned the reosrt was booked solid. We really only ended up sleeping there anyways. The pool was great lots of lounge chairs - but we did go at 9 a.m. every day. We tried the Buffet only once - both of us are vegetarians and we found enough to eat but it was just so so.
Having the cinema complex in the hotel was great, we watched three movies while we were there. Neither of us gamble so I can't comment on that aspect of the resort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bonefishwidow
Thank you for your feedback bonefishwidow

We greatly appreciate your review and we are happy that you were able to experience the great pool we have.

Please come back and see us again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had the premier room, loved it! Would like something bigger next time for a longer stay but still a great room. Was here for my birthday and definitely made the right choice. Pool is awesome as well as the clubs restaurants. Will definitely be returning!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you deej1213 for an amazing review and Happy Belated Birthday!

We would suggest looking into Palms Place for your return visit as those rooms tend to be larger.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The location is right off of the strip. The ambiance inside is amazing. The room was relatively large and the bathroom was huge. I had to hunt long and hard for a good price, but I found it and enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: The room came with the breakfast buffet, which was an added bonus.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful feedback JBA_2001!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!