“Beautiful room but some staff pissed me offf” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palms Casino Resort

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #57 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Baltimore, Maryland
“Beautiful room but some staff pissed me offf”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

It is almost 5 in the morning, but I am so irritated I just had to write this review when I got back to my room. Pros: check in wasn't long, front desk rep very friendly and buffet was tasty ....checked in, ate dinner at the buffet then went to sleep after a very long flight. Woke up and went to casino around 3:30 a.m. then came the Cons: On the casino floor I asked the waitress that took about 30 - 45 minutes to even come around for a bottle of water, she asked for ID (which it was my fault for leaving in my room) I didn't have it so she gave me the speech about not being able to serve me (perfectly understandable, she is doing her job). My issue came when she became a pre schooler and tattled to the security. Next thing 2 security personnel came over asked me for ID which they already knew I didn't have and I was kicked off the casino floor. I have no problem with someone doing their job, but considering I made no fuss when you couldn't serve me the bottle of water why did security have to get involved. If part 2 of my complaint didn't happen I probably wouldn't have written about this because after being kicked off the floor I told my cousin to keep playing and I just returned to my room, put on my sleepwear and got under the covers. When my cousin was returning to the room she asked me to come downstairs to present the room key that would allow her up to the room (when we went down together to the casino and only took 1 key). Not a problem I get dressed, come down and show the key to security who then asks my room number ...weird since I obviously came from the room. On the way up to the room my cousin tells me that while she was waiting for me another young lady was returning to her room, after looking for the key and couldn't find it security let her go up with a reminder to remember her key next time. While she was waiting for me to get dressed and come down she saw another group of 6 loud, inebriated girls, only 1 girl had a key but they said they were altogether and were able to go up. Difference between the other young ladies and my cousin-while they were blonde and in club wear, unfortunately, most African Americans don't have blonde hair oops sorry! Mixed review due to mixed experience. Head of security needs to check the cameras and by all means correct this review if I'm wrong maybe my cousin didn't see the ID presented and the security really didn't say "remember your key next time"....that left me ticked off and ready to go.

Room Tip: Rooms in ivory tower are renovated and very nice
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CandiView
Louis V, Guest Relations Manager at Palms Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback CandiView

We are deeply saddened by your experience and appreciate the time you took to share. We apologize for the poor interactions and lack of sensitivity, your frustrations are completely valid. We take security very serious however there is a level of professionalism that must be taken into account, it appears we did not deliver on those expectations during this occasion.

We thank you for voicing your concern and we will definitely review our security key check fundamentals.

We do hope to have you return to experience the Palms Casino Hotel as it should have been initially.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Goodyear, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Everything was perfect to include the view from the room!! The service we received at all locations was excellent. We used the pool, sports book, concert hall, and the buffet. They only minor complaint was the service at the Heara was a little slow.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Louis V, Guest Relations Manager at Palms Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience Bob J!

We are very pleased to hear about the excellent service you received, we pride ourselves on delivering a world-class experience. Thank you for mentioning the wait time in Heraea, we will certainly address that.

We hope to see you again soon!
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

The rooms have great value, decor, comfort, and amenities. The Pearl is a great concert venue. Great vibe from the guests and staff. Great food... especially Nove. There are all levels of dining from food-court style, to the 24/7 Café, the Herea sports bar and upscale N9ne and Nove. Trendy nightclubs. (Cast from "Breaking Bad" was partying at The Ghostbar.) "Ditch Friday" pool party was pumpin'! Great gaming, too, table and slots. Ample parking available in two shaded lots... that's a must in the summer.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your amazing experience John M!

We appreciate your comments about our property and all that we have to offer.

We are very pleased to hear about your stay and look forward to seeing you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

The place is amazing you would enjoy it and all that it offers. It has a casino, a spa, pools, food court, shopping, buffet, and restaurants and for the night life it has several bars clubs and lounges. I highly recommend this resort as a place of stay

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Louis V, Guest Relations Manager at Palms Casino Resort, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation ashley_span90!

It is terrific to hear about your experience in all that we at the Palms Casino Hotel has to offer.

Please come back and see us again soon!
Harlem, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great value, good location, easy access to taxis and transportation to the strip, best dining diversity and options hot clubs and drink deals with sexy, sexy west coast hotties! I got a chance to check out the Ghost Bar and Moon. 2 for 1 drink cards given by check in allowed me to chug a double of Remy Martin XO and the party continued from there. soft pillow-top rooms and a shower built for 3 LOL! Will definitely be back in December for Christmas! Thanks Bog Geno the best Casino Host on Earth!

Room Tip: Get a pool view room and check out Ditch Fridays from the bridge!
1 Thank Tigerstyle717
Thank you for an amazing review Tigerstyle717!

It is always great to hear an experience that was extremely satisfying and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Palms Casino Hotel!
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had a very nice room, rather expensive considering it was a regular King room without other amenities, but it had a wonderful view. The wi-fi was very poor, could not stay connected. I had brought some work with me, so this was disappointing. The best part of our stay was the concert and the venue. I would definitely recommend the Pearl venue to my friends. It is intimate, comfortable, and has decent sound. Restrooms and beverages are very close by and convenient. If you drive into Vegas for concerts as we do, the Pearl at the Palms Casino is a wonderful venue.

Room Tip: We were given a corner room in one of the towers, 14th floor, so it had a view (huge windows) in two...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your feedback JudyGE

We love your comments on our Pearl Concert Theater, but certainly we are disappointed with the Wi-Fi issue. Our focus will be to ensure these issue do not persist and to rectify any occurring problems with our internet services.

We hope to see you again in the future!
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great value. Loved the location of my room. I didn't have to walk down endless hallways. Earl of sandwich in food court a bonus. I ate the earl of montegue sandwich. I also loved chronic taco. Ate a steak burrito. Slots were fun. Ghostbusters was my favorite. Casino is clean. Room was clean and nice. I was in the fantasy tower. Parking structure was easily accessable. I will be back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for a very nice review matthew p!

Your thorough review of our amenities is greatly appreciated and will assist future guests of the Palms Casino Hotel.

We look forward to your return!