“hats off to an excellent associate”

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #71 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I used "Cardio" when I visited the Palms on 1/18. Kenneth (don't know his last name) did an fantastic job to make sure make experience went well. He helped me get a pair of shorts which I forgot. He came up to check on the exercise room for cleanliness. Even made sure there was enough water for everyone. Great job! Please recognize him with something.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I thought everyone should know that The Palms Hotel in Las Vegas adds on a twenty dollar "resort" fee onto each room for each night. So if you think you are getting a good price...now add $20.00 for a resort fee in which you may not even use the resort facilities. This is a real "bait and switch" program.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
5  Thank asiatraveler57
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is very clean with great service and a very nice room. The on-site amenities were very very nice as well. The hotel is not that busy because it was off the strip and it was Super Bowl weekend. They have a shuttle to get you to the strip for free which was nice except that we were going out partying so it never worked out to where we didn't have to take a cab home

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were in Las Vegas for business and picked the Palms because it had a great rate and lots of good reviews and being close to the Strip was unimportant. We had booked 2 nights, one at the Palms and one at Palms Place their condo resort. We had a little trouble parking but found our way to the front desk at the Palms Place. The reception team at the front desk was great. They recommended we spend our first night at the Palms and our return night at the Palms Place.
We were upgraded to a brand new corner suite in the White tower and could not have been happier. The room was hip, well appointed, great amenities and the view of the strip was jaw-dropping. There was a $20 resort fee, which was disclosed when we booked and included free shuttle service to Ceasars and 2 bogo coupons for free drinks and use of fitness rooms & the pools. So we were not put off by it. We liked it, we were treated like valued customers, not just first time customers and although the vibe is definately young and very uber hip...they were fabulous to us and we are far from hip but young at heart. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, facing the Strip in the White tower.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CulinaryMixologist
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at the Palms during our last Vegas conference trip. Having been to Vegas many times before, we have done the whole stay on the "Strip" thing. We enjoyed exploring the other part of Las Vegas. It is quieter here, The hotel was not smoky like many Vegas properties. The casino was nice and the decibel level very manageable. Bars are great. Restaurants pricey on site but there are many great restaurants nearby.

The rooms were terrific. I had a whole suite to myself with a terrific view over the mountains. Parking was easy to access as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Palms Tower. Newly renovated. Facing the airport in the distance.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My room rate was about $100 for a conference I was attending. While that is inexpensive, I am not sure that is a good price considering it was off-season and the Palms is at least a mile from the Strip. This rate included their daily $20 resort charge, which may not be obviously disclosed when you book.

The hotel is nice enough. The rooms are undergoing major renovations. My room had just been updated with modern furnishings and a very clean bathroom. My bed was exceptionally comfortable. However, the renovation is ongoing and I have heard some rooms are very outdated still. So, you may be disappointed. Ask for the status of the renovations before booking.

As I walked through the casino and restaurant area, the facility seemed too small to me. I did not get the same sense of excitement that exists for some of the larger properties on the Strip. I did not mind staying here, but I do not think I would choose this hotel for a long weekend getaway unless the rate was unbelievable. I would prefer to spend more for a Strip resort to have more of the Vegas vibe. There is a free shuttle to go to the Caesar Forum Shoppes, but there is something to be said for just walking around the center-Strip area by staying at Bellagio, Aria, Mirage, etc.

I would like to note also that all of the hotel staff was very friendly during my stay. I also found the buffet to be good value - not great food, but good for the price.

If you do not care about being on the Strip, the hotel is probably "very good" instead of average.

Room Tip: I had a corner room, which was nice and quiet
2  Thank jongable
Reviewed February 7, 2013

As others have noted, yes it's off the strip, not it's not a huge Vegas resort, but it does have it's own style and character. The staff is helpful and friendly. They have a lot of what you would expect from a Vegas hotel, just not as blown out.

The Drift Spa is nice even if it is a little bit of walk to get there (you need the exercise anyway from all that drinking you did last night).

So if you're used to a "boutique" hotel, then you might find this a nice alternative to the crowds found in Strip hotels.