“Mixed emotions about this hotel”

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #75 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My room rate was about $100 for a conference I was attending. While that is inexpensive, I am not sure that is a good price considering it was off-season and the Palms is at least a mile from the Strip. This rate included their daily $20 resort charge, which may not be obviously disclosed when you book.

The hotel is nice enough. The rooms are undergoing major renovations. My room had just been updated with modern furnishings and a very clean bathroom. My bed was exceptionally comfortable. However, the renovation is ongoing and I have heard some rooms are very outdated still. So, you may be disappointed. Ask for the status of the renovations before booking.

As I walked through the casino and restaurant area, the facility seemed too small to me. I did not get the same sense of excitement that exists for some of the larger properties on the Strip. I did not mind staying here, but I do not think I would choose this hotel for a long weekend getaway unless the rate was unbelievable. I would prefer to spend more for a Strip resort to have more of the Vegas vibe. There is a free shuttle to go to the Caesar Forum Shoppes, but there is something to be said for just walking around the center-Strip area by staying at Bellagio, Aria, Mirage, etc.

I would like to note also that all of the hotel staff was very friendly during my stay. I also found the buffet to be good value - not great food, but good for the price.

If you do not care about being on the Strip, the hotel is probably "very good" instead of average.

Room Tip: I had a corner room, which was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jongable
Write a ReviewReviews (3,369)

Reviewed February 7, 2013

As others have noted, yes it's off the strip, not it's not a huge Vegas resort, but it does have it's own style and character. The staff is helpful and friendly. They have a lot of what you would expect from a Vegas hotel, just not as blown out.

The Drift Spa is nice even if it is a little bit of walk to get there (you need the exercise anyway from all that drinking you did last night).

So if you're used to a "boutique" hotel, then you might find this a nice alternative to the crowds found in Strip hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I visited this casino during the 2013 Superbowl weekend on a friend's suggestion. This place is far from the strip and I certainly do not recommend it. Certain areas seemed dirty and unkept. If you plan to gamble in the casino, be prepared to deal with rude and unprofessional craps dealers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank George M
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We booked by phone to spend two nights in this hotel in January. We were not told that there were works in progress inside the hotel !! When we arrived, we immediately realized that the hotel was far from the strip and the works were very relevant and really noisy. We canceled the reservation immediately. However, they still charged our credit card. Luckily we had them printing a copy of the cancellation, otherwise we would have had problems with the credit card company having back the money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank TheDolomitePastor
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Pros: very comfortable bed, spacious contemporary style room with a complete kitchenette.

Cons: had food /spices spilled on counters, had to wash all glasses/silverware before use. Not talking water spots, but lip marks and dried on food (ick). Had to clean jacuzzi tub before use. Several light bulbs were burnt out and only 1 of 3 televisions worked. Also, there is a $20/person "resort fee", which is unfortunate if you stay at the Palms Place, because it doesn't include the one in that building. Instead you have to travel the sky tube to the other Palms, and cross the entire casino floor to get to the "resort" part.

Over all: if a good deal came along I'd stay again, this hotel had a pleasant "odor" compared to most in Vegas and the bed really was that good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Zaydaray
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at the Palms on Jan 21 to Jan 25 2013 and I would not recommend it. I've been to Vegas 15 times and am a picky picky traveler so take this with a grain of salt. I was there for our company sales conference and I'm sure we booked the place because of the cheap rates. So if your main focus is cheap and to be off the strip I would recommend this hotel. There were some good things that I'll explain but for an overall pass/fail I'd say invest your hard earned money somewhere else. I was happy with the spa facilities (not the POS system or their RMT receipt process) and the Simon restaurant (very good!!!!). The view I had on the 52 floor in the Palms Plaza tower was the best view I've ever had. I could see the Stratosphere all the way to south of the airport......for me the view was a 10 out of 10. My last night I spent sitting on a chair with a cocktail by the window just soaking in the view. NEGATIVES - my first room was on the 35 floor , first morning I had to wash in the tub because my shower only had boiling hot water. 2) the entire Palms Plaza tower stinks...I mean it smells, they pump some sort of bad sick pretend Eucalyptus oil sent smell through the HVAC system and it will make you sick after a while peeeuuuuuu 3) the decor is kinda of retro modern and for most it's probably OK but it just did not feel right for me, not comfortable not inviting not a fan 4) the balconies are sealed shut and locked, I had two awesome balconies I could not use them because idiots base jump and through things off - its worse to have and see balconies you can't use. After all said and done I would not return even if I had a free room :-(

Room Tip: The Palms has three towers. Fantasy, Ivory and the Palms Plaza. I stayed in the Palms Plaza and it...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PeterC334
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This will be my 5th year staying at the palms. And every single time, the staff is amazing! My room is always upgraded and they treat us so good! Last year my boyfriend purposed on top of the palms at club moon! It was amazing, the staff was so awesome! They treated us like we were so important! And over the last year, the staff has been helping me plan my wedding in Vegas! I'm from ga and my entire wedding party will be staying at the palms, they have accommodated everything I have asked, and went above and beyond to help! I have never Stayed at another hotel in Vegas. I just have no want to. The palms is amazing. The food, clubs, location... I love it all! Thank you soooo much to all the staff at the palms, keep up the good work! And We'll be there in 67 days to start this new chapter of our lives!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing, just tell them what your looking for and they will lead you in the right...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple