“Annual sales conference”

Ranked #61 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
North Vancouver, Canada
“Annual sales conference”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at the Palms on Jan 21 to Jan 25 2013 and I would not recommend it. I've been to Vegas 15 times and am a picky picky traveler so take this with a grain of salt. I was there for our company sales conference and I'm sure we booked the place because of the cheap rates. So if your main focus is cheap and to be off the strip I would recommend this hotel. There were some good things that I'll explain but for an overall pass/fail I'd say invest your hard earned money somewhere else. I was happy with the spa facilities (not the POS system or their RMT receipt process) and the Simon restaurant (very good!!!!). The view I had on the 52 floor in the Palms Plaza tower was the best view I've ever had. I could see the Stratosphere all the way to south of the airport......for me the view was a 10 out of 10. My last night I spent sitting on a chair with a cocktail by the window just soaking in the view. NEGATIVES - my first room was on the 35 floor , first morning I had to wash in the tub because my shower only had boiling hot water. 2) the entire Palms Plaza tower stinks...I mean it smells, they pump some sort of bad sick pretend Eucalyptus oil sent smell through the HVAC system and it will make you sick after a while peeeuuuuuu 3) the decor is kinda of retro modern and for most it's probably OK but it just did not feel right for me, not comfortable not inviting not a fan 4) the balconies are sealed shut and locked, I had two awesome balconies I could not use them because idiots base jump and through things off - its worse to have and see balconies you can't use. After all said and done I would not return even if I had a free room :-(

Room Tip: The Palms has three towers. Fantasy, Ivory and the Palms Plaza. I stayed in the Palms Plaza and it...
2 Thank Peter C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (828)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This will be my 5th year staying at the palms. And every single time, the staff is amazing! My room is always upgraded and they treat us so good! Last year my boyfriend purposed on top of the palms at club moon! It was amazing, the staff was so awesome! They treated us like we were so important! And over the last year, the staff has been helping me plan my wedding in Vegas! I'm from ga and my entire wedding party will be staying at the palms, they have accommodated everything I have asked, and went above and beyond to help! I have never Stayed at another hotel in Vegas. I just have no want to. The palms is amazing. The food, clubs, location... I love it all! Thank you soooo much to all the staff at the palms, keep up the good work! And We'll be there in 67 days to start this new chapter of our lives!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing, just tell them what your looking for and they will lead you in the right...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ktempleton06
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

First time staying here, but certainly not my last. The room, all of the staff and the experience were second to none. The king suite was very spacious and comfortable. The bed was great, and the dual tv's was a nice touch for watching to different things. Only draw back was the shower door allows water to spill out the bottom, but nothing a few towels couldn't fix. I recommend the Palms Place very highly.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the room on the 27th floor that faced the west. I know that some people like to see the st...
Rapid City, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for four nights through Halloween 2012. Checked in early, and the room was pretty nice. The location of the hotel allows for quiet nights. There is a free shuttle to the Strip, but ends too early in the evening. We grabbed a shuttle to the Rio one evening and walked the block to the Palms, but mostly took a taxi.

On Halloween, there were private parties in the bars so couldn't go.

The front desk staff was helpful upon check-in, but couldn't answer some of my questions. The casino was nice, with slots that paid out well.

I may stay here again, but would like to try a hotel on the Strip the next time I go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rapid City D
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights during MLK weekend (stayed at the Flamingo the previous two nights... don't stay at the Flamingo). Our room was in the fantasy tower (larger room than the other tower, however the other tower just finished renovations for what that is worth) and we were comped due to casino play.

The bathroom is large, the regular room was large by normal standards as well. The bed was fairly comfy and the decorations/furniture/overall quality and appearance of the room was good. You will need a car if you stay here since all the action is off site. There is a food court however the buffet prices were very low so I'd suggest you just do the buffet when staying here (plus lunch and dinner offer free beer and wine with the buffet). We were pleased with the room and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chris W
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The remodeled room was modern, classy, and spacious. We checked-in early and with no hassles. The buffet was reasonably priced and offered a variety of foods for our breakfast. The casino floor offers a variety of games. Plus the food court was a great option for a late night bite.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Michelle_R1989
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Was in Grand Suite in Fantasy Tower. A little dated, but great amenities, size and location. The Palms is a great deal for the price. They are renovating and trying hard to please the customers. Still a great party scene. I would stay again.

4 Thank andrew g