“Great weekend, the room was clean and nice. Room service was quick and courteous. Front desk staff was really helpful.”

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #79 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great value to the room although the view from our particular place wasn't great. With that said, we requested a smoking room at the last minute so that was understandable.
New furniture, clean sheets (I'm a bit of a freak for that in hotels), fast room service but there was a short wait on the phone.

Room Tip: Relatively no room or hallway until the neighbors got REALLY crazy with the music. We were in the iv...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NahshonLandrum
Write a ReviewReviews (3,385)

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Beautiful room, very clean and the furniture intact, with an amazing veiw. Never disturbed, which really means a lot. Easy check-in/check-out. Hotel/casino has easy access being righ off the strip, which is great because there seems to always be traffic issues on The Strip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brianne J
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The room was free and I think you did a great job redecorating! The beds and pillows and linens were all new and felt great. The new bathrooms were nicer, cleaner and everything worked well. The maid service did a great job cleaning, and room service was prompt and polite. The new restaurants I tried this visit were excellent, especially Nove Italian restaurant, as the upbeat atmosphere and the stunning view from a top floor were a lot of fun.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank KRCaptain
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I visited the Palms Casino Hotel in September 2012. I purchased a deal from Living Social which made my stay very affordable. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a suite at no cost. The suite was very nice and had lots of space. I was a little disappointed that there were no flat screen televisions in our sweet. We had free club passes and visted Rain. The club was nice and there was a nice crowd. We also dined at the Bistro Buffet and the food was delicious. The Sunday Brunch was amazing and it included unlimited mimosas!! The most disappointing aspect of the stay was the location of the hotel. The hotel is off of the strip and the shuttle stops running around 8 or 9 pm. That was kind of annoying and inconvenient. Overall though the stay was nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MSCC00
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Check in was fast, room was kind of clean, but on last day I found out that there was some hidden dirt on room - like used papers behind TV and much dust on tables and elsewhere. In bathroom you will have nice spa bath with jacuzzi option. Hotel has good wifi coverage and nice TV programs.
Hotel is far away from strip, but has it's own shuttle which doesn't work after 20:00. But there is shuttle service from Ballys to Rio 24/7, you can use it and have some gambling experience on near Rio casino, because Palms Casino is kinda small if you compare it to strip casinos.
Sexy casino waitresses is friendly and will get you drinks if you will gamble, don't forget to tip them.
Breakfast buffet was fantastic, so much to choose from and everything was delicious.
Hotel has big parking lot for travelers with cars.
Casino and hotel staff was ok. They even offered late check-out for me.
I had some problems on checkout, because they wanted to charge more money from me. There has been some mistakes with booking.com booking, after 15minutes wait they resolved everything and charged me the right amount of money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pauls_L
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The Palms happen to be a very nice stay. It is located off the strip with about a taxi fair of $12-$15 one way to the strip. There is a fee if you use credit card of $4!! The hotel does provide a shuttle but only unitl 8pm. I was very pleased with the room was very nice! I stayed in a presidential room in the Fantasy Tower that had a jacuzzi tub to die for! They were very nice to allow me to check in after midnight and not be penalized. The desk was very helpful in suggesting places to go and see during my stay. I had two comp drinks for $15 each which was more than enough. Deal also came with two breakfast buffetts but was not awarded, however the manager was very nice and awarded our stay with no resort fees($20)!(thank you) I will be returning soon! you can get a deal on groupon now for the palms resort and spa! There is some renovations going on in the lobby but really didnt take away from my pleasant stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jettsett_23
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Traveled to LV for a long weekend which was supposed to be a photography tour with myself and a friend, and ended up being a solo trip.

After a long flight from NYC I arrived at the Palms Hotel around 10:30pm - there were 2 people working the front desk and only about 3 people ahead of me to check in so my wait was not terribly long. The actual time spent checking in was rather swift and I was told I was upgraded to a newly renovated room in the Palms Tower- 18-108.

I walked into my room and it was quite nice - big comfy king bed with pillows to die for, rather nice LED television and a view of the pools (unfortunately closed for the season) and the strip. Room is equipped with a mini-bar that is weight sensored so unless you want to be charged for inspecting something, don't touch it! The bathroom was also nice, but with just a half glass partition in the shower and next to the toilet. So unless you are there with a significant other or are REALLY comfortable with your friends, you can't have anyone in the bathroom with you.

Now I was a bit hesitant about the shower because every time I've bathed in one of those half partitions, there ends up with a tremendous amount of water on the floor, but this was not actually the case. I'm not sure if its because the partition being just wide enough, or the water pressure of the shower head - it was neither a power washer, but it wasn't someone spitting on your either. I did take a shower before bed and before long was standing in 2+ inches of water which took forever to drain. The next morning before I left for the day, I did call the front desk and ask someone from maintenance to fix it. When I returned later that day,the drain was working wonderfully so kudos to the front desk/maintenance.

Looks like they are renovating all around the hotel/casino, because there were roped off areas near reception/casino where they were either replacing or ripping up tiles. Not a big deal except one night an entire area was roped off so I had to make a rather large detour to get to the elevator up to my room.

Did order room service one night- had an Asian salad and a dry baked potato. $29 when it was all said and done when you included tip and a mandatory $5 service charge. The food came QUICK, which was good because I was hungry, but you could definitely tell the potato just sat under a warmer until it was time to be put on a place and whisked to my room. Sonia, who delivered my food was as pleasant and sweet as pie, so she gets a big thumbs up.

The casino is small so if you're really looking for a place to lose/win your money, you're better off elsewhere.

There is a small food court area with a McDonald's, a coffee shop ($11 for a medium latte and a muffin is just absurd. I don't even pay that much in Manhattan at a chi-chi coffee shop) Panda Express, Nathans, pizza place and a self serve fro-yo place. I'm sure there was more but I didn't eat there (other than the over priced coffee shop).

The hotel, now that Rain nightclub is closed seems to be more quiet than what I've heard. Only saw a few groups of younger club going people...different than the crazy Palms party-hard atmosphere I was expecting.

Overall had a pleasant stay except for just one thing: There are lights that shine on the facade of the hotel in the evening. So even though I had the curtains tightly drawn, the light spills over the tops of them and so there is constantly changing colored light illuminating my room. Now, I was still able to fall asleep but if you have a real sensitivity to light or need it pitch black in your room, good luck with that.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo