“Nice clean room.”

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #68 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We found a deal through the internet, advertised price was $49, final cost with resort fee $72. Not bad for the location, including easy access from I15
The room was clean and comfortable, though we were told the hotel is under going a remodel.
We did have a problem with the in-room safe. They were quick to come and try and fix it, though is was misdiagnosed the first time. We called again and they came right back up, second time was the charm and the gentleman who came to the room were friendly and efficient.
We had to free passes to the breakfast buffet included in the cost of the room. The buffet was sufficent with the standard fare and service was quick and friendly.
We enjoyed our brief stay and would consider stopping here again.
Also, there is a free shuttle which takes you to Cesars Palace Forum Shops, a nice added benefit when you are not staying right on the strip.

Room Tip: Try and get above the tenth floor to improve the view, we were on the seventh which was not bad.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sibus2002
There are newer reviews for Palms Casino Resort

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Like many others, we got a deal for the Palms. My girlfriends live on the wast coast and I in LA, so we thought it would be the perfect getaway for us. I had been to the Palms about 3-4 years ago and loved it, so we were really excited to stay here. The distance from the strip wasn't even a factor bc we enjoyed our time at the hotel itself so much. Unfortunately, they dropped the ball on everything and I really feel like not one person we tried to talk to even cared. First, our deal was for the Fantasy Tower, which I was PUMPED to stay in bc last time we stayed in the Palms tower and really wanted to try the Fantasy tower. We checked in early and they were "completely out of Fantasy Tower Rooms." Interesting, as we booked the room 2.5 months ago. So we were offered a $75 credit even though the girl said the difference in price between the 2 towers was $50/nt. We were staying 2 nights.... you do the math. So we were disappointed but still excited. We get to our room and there's a dead bug smashed to my friend's bed sheet. We call room service. 20 minutes later, still a bug on the sheet. All we want to do is take a nap and we can't bc of said bug and the brain-numbing bass from the music for the 5 people in the pool, so we obviously got cranky. We went downstairs to addess our issues (very nicely. We are not chronic complainers) and were given lame excuses that made no sense by someone at reception, so we asked for a manager. The Manager gave us the bare minimum that we proposed, which was the full $100 credit for the room price difference and they had housekeeping up there by the time we got back to our room. Gee, thanks. We were there during a slow time and a little would have gone a long way in making us happy. There were at least 10 open cabanas at the pool the next day. He could have offered us that and we would have been happy. They could have sent a bottle of champagne to the room (but not the cheapest bottle bc we tried to order that for ourselves and they were "out!" But not to worry, they still had the ones that were 5 times as expensive)! They could have upgraded us to a suite, but no, they just didn't care enough to even try. Then we decided to try to just make the best of a bad situation and use our $100 credit. We bought a bottle of champagne, water and a diet coke at the gift shop (bottle of champagne bc we tried to order through room service but they were out of the $40 bottle). Then we were told while checking out that the $100 credit the manager had told us "just put everything on the room and we will credit", did not count toward the gift shop. Awesome. The only reason this is a 2 instead of 1 was our very nice room service attendant, Pat (female) and our awesome brunch server (didn't get her name). But they were both fantastic. Everything else about our stay at the Palms was disappointing and frankly aggravating. I don't go on vacation, especially with my girlfriends I haven't seen in over a year, to be treated like dirt by a hotel that should know better. I used to recommend this hotel, and I will never do so again, nor will I ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the pool if you're there on a weekend. You will not be able to nap.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank Erin L
Eden M, Guest Relations Manager at Palms Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Los Angeles Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for making the Palms Casino Resort your accommodation of choice. We are saddened to learn that your visit proved to be anything less than desirable. I want to assure you that your concerns have not fallen upon deaf ears as each concern has been communicated to the appropriate department for consideration and improvement. It is our goal to offer our patrons the ultimate Las Vegas experience, and though we seem to have failed on this occasion, we are hopeful that we can address any unsettled issues that you may still have. Please feel free to contact me at eden.mccallister@palms.com so that we can find an appropriate resolution. Thank you for your invaluable feedback, and we look forward to being in contact with you soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Haven’t ever stayed at the Palms, but wanted to give it a try. Booked a superior double, the website stated there was two beds and a couch. When I called to get a little bit more information, the lady who I talked with had an incredibly terrible attitude, for starters. When I asked about the couch, she told me that there was no couch with the two bedroom rooms. When I expressed that the website states that there was, she told me I had read it wrong. Then, said it must be a misprint because that is wrong. Needless to say, with her dismal attitude and lack of compassion, I cancelled my stay, and will take my business elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Brett F

Dear Dallas Guest,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for your unpleasant encounter with our reservations department. It is disconcerting that your initial interaction with a team member colored your perception of our brand to the extent of a cancelled reservation. We hold our staff to the highest levels of service, though this was seemingly not reflected in your transaction, and this incident has been passed to the reservations department for consideration and improvement. Please feel free to reach out to me at eden.mccallister@palms.com should you wish to discuss your experience further. Hopefully, we will regain the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2012

First of all the room was way overpriced, especially for a weekday. If we wouldn't have booked through a 3rd party we would have had to pay extra, $80+ for our children to stay with us. They charge you a $20 resort fee but I am not sure what it covers besides the pool that closed early for a party so we couldn't even use it.
The room was disgusting with the exception of the beds. The carpets were stained something horrible and where the entertainment stand was there were huge dust bunnies and it looked as though it hadn't been vacuumed in months. The carpet altogether looked like it had been several days since it was vacuumed. It was a no frills room, for over $100 including the resort fees, I was expecting something a bit more fancy. The TV is an older TV, I think a 32 inch. The entertainment center as well as the closet were all chipped up wood.
The beds were extremely comfortable, the most comfortable I have ever slept in but you only get two extremely small pillows per bed.
The men who checked us in and out were very friendly but not clear on what was included in our resort fee, internet was extra so we didn't use it either. The people at the elevators were extremely rude.
We were told when we booked the room that we got 2 free buffets with our room and never saw that so we ate at the food court, which was nice but not cheap. We were with our kids so we went to the movie theater they had there which was very nice but expensive as well.
I guess for what we paid I was expecting a whole lot more and was very disappointed.
Again we were with kids so we didn't use the casino or much more than the room. The party that they had in the pool was extremely loud and went until very late at night, not a surprise for Vegas but if you are traveling with children you would think they would put us in a room away from the noise. I think we were put in a corner room to where we wouldn't bother anyone and left to our own devices. My kids are older and not very noisy.
Probably if I visit Vegas again I will not stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank smalltimetraveler08
Eden M, Guest Relations Manager at Palms Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear Oregon City Guest,

We are sorry to learn of your discontentment with your recent visit to the Palms Casino Resort. We apologize for the seeming shortcomings in service and that the accommodations were not to your liking. We would like the opportunity to discuss your stay further and in detail. Please contact me at eden.mccallister@palms.com so that we can address your concerns and hopefully find an appropriate resolution. Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to being in contact soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Got a deal on living social to stay at The Palms for pretty cheap. I went with 2 girlfriends and this was the first time for all of us. We got a very nice, clean and spacious room (especially when you are talking about 3 girls sharing)...same can be said for the bathroom. Breakfast was included with the package we got and the Sunday Brunch specifically was pretty delicious. We got unlimited complimentary mimosas (mind you this cost $20 a pop at the pool), crab legs and a ton of other brunch like foods. The pool parties were fun and not as packed as I had expected. This was particularly nice as we were able to get chairs poolside and not feel like there were too many people inside of the pool. I wuld say the most disappointing part of the hotel was that I didn't feel like any of the staff was overly friendly. I expected the staff to be a bit more friendly but I felt like they were just going through the motions, ESPECIALLY the staff at the pool. When you are paying as much as we were for drinks and service, I expect to be given that. The only exception to this was at their delicious restaurant Nine where everyone was friendly and helpful. Oh also I should mention, this was the perfect place to stay if you like a good party but don't want noisy rooms. The only time I had trouble sleeping was in the afternoon when the pool party was going on but as far as noisy people in the hallways, this was not an issue at all. Perfect combination since we were looking to party but also wanted our beauty rest when needed. Overall I would certainly stay there again despite the few things I was unhappy with.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JuC8
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I just returned from my first trip to Vegas and stayed at this Hotel because my sister (a LV local) got a deal for the Palms. She had stayed many other places, but we were all looking forward to the Palms because we had heard it was nice. Well, not really. I knew Las Vegas was expensive, but this hotel charged like we were right on the strip. I was not allowed to bring my water to the pool, or my one snack that was in my bag. The server at the pool said she was not even allowed to bring me a cup of water, but that I would have to buy an overpriced bottle of water that they sold. One drink at the pool was $14, a domestic beer was 10. Even the Ghost Bar (which did have a great view) was just as expensive. The night we got there we were starving so decided just to hit the dinner buffet, which was awful. The food was not hot, the meats were dry, the desserts were dry and tasted old as well.

The room was mediocre, was dirty, and smelled like pot the two days that we stayed. And the bed was most likely the most uncomfortable bed that I have ever slept on. The twin bed that I had in my military dorm room was more comfortable than this bed.

The ONLY thing that I can say is that the staff of the Palms was always friendly, and did comp my sisters resort fees and drinks at the pool for the horrible room, so I was happy for her. They were very apologetic. But you can bet that when I do return for another visit to LV I will not be going to the Palms.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jessica G

Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Palms Casino Resort. It is great to know that our team members offered you the friendly and attentive service that has come to be expected of our brand. However, we are saddened to learn of your disappointment with your accommodations. We are extremely sensitive to our guest commentary, and in an effort to continually improve our operation for our patrons, we are proud to report that the full renovation of our guest rooms in the Palms Tower has finally commenced! Hopefully we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to experience the Palms in new form. Please feel free to reach out to me at eden.mccallister@palms.com should you wish to discuss your stay further.

Sincerest Regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

What I enjoy the most about the Palms Casino is the 100% video poker machines. They seem to pay-off very well. They also have a good comp program at the Palms. The staff is very kind and attentive, and the location is just off the strip easy to find.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo