“OMW to The palms”

Ranked #66 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Antonio, Texas
“OMW to The palms”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have gone through some of the reviews on the site, just wanted to see if there is anything additional I should take into consideration as I am packed and ready to head to vegas tomorrow morning and staying @ The Palms Casino. I have always stayed at the Flamingo on the strip and was looking for a change in scenary. Going for my Bday and plan on renting a card for the first time to save some money too.

So far what I know..
be ready to carry my own bags
take advantage of the resort fees -15 comp drink per day(thats it?)
depending on the time customer service not helpful
Key item drink while gambling, hard to find a waitress
Most importantly go over check out bill

Any other pointers?

Room Tip: "I don't know yet"
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sammy R
, Guest Relations Manager at Palms Casino Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear San Antonio Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Palms Casino Resort. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your stay last week, please feel free to contact me at eden.mccallister@palms.com. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Kind Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (849)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Santa Barbara, CA USA (Buellton, CA)
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Valet was great fast had my car ready when I called down. A+ valet. They also informed me that indeed that the maloofs r only 2% owner and there r new owners. My front desk exp was great lady was nice said I got a free upgrade to grand suite which ive stayed before. 30101 was our room. They r getting worn n old but the view still unbeateable. EDC was in town so pool DJ was making our room vibrate. Ok until I called to check which pool to take my daughter. I was told palms place was closed due to wind and pool party was 21 n over. I brought my kid to swim what else to to in Vegas. Then I called to complain to front desk n was told this was wrong and that we could go out to pool party until 7 pm we just needed guest wrist bands from front desk. We went n got them fast. Out to the pool. Found couple chairs n went in the water. Bad cocktail service had to go to bar to ask for them to send server. A 16 oz beer coors lt $9 really? Then about 5 min later they blew whistle pool closing. Wth? Needless to say my daughter cryed and I had been misinformed again of closing time at pool. Pool employees said they didn't really know what time it was suppose to close that day...nice pool mgmt. Got quick reservations at little Buddha the service n food was excellent I loved the presentations w flowers. Pricey but had a $25 off coupon. A+ DINNER. Next day we hit pool before our 1 pm check out which was nice thanks. Swam w my lil one and had fun not too many people at 11 AM yet again cocktail service was very bad. She was charging me $9 again but now its a 12 oz can...wtf...other people were getting 16 oz n paying the same. I was having a move time w my daughter n didn't bother saying anything about the 2 overpriced beers. Figured id post it here so mgmt knew they are probably pocketing the cash n tip they got. Check out was ok Tv diddnt work so told the concierge who charged my card resort fee of 24 for God knows what. Oh we did have room service because I couldn't get milk anywhere in the the hotel. 16 for 3 glasses + tax and $5 fee and auto 20% gratuity added to all that insane! We added on a fruit plate it was good came w tougher n yummy banana bread. Good overall. Service at pool poor to almost feel like ur robbed. I'm not stupid I bartender. Why is a smaller beer on a Monday cost more than a larger beer the day before at a dj pool event for EDC. I dunno palms.

Room Tip: The fantasy tower is no good unless I have a suite. Small rooms get hot in bathroom. Odd.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank stplogan
Dear Santa Barbara Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Palms Casino Resort as your Las Vegas destination. We are pleased that you enjoyed the majority of your experience. However, your concerns with your pool experience are certainly valid and have been passed to the appropriate department for review. We apologize that you were not met with the winning service the Palms is known for, but we can assure you that your commentary has not fallen on deaf ears. Thank you for your honest feedback, and we hope to welcome you back to the property in the future!

Warm Regards,
Wilmington
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I went with my girls and we had a good time. The rooms were clean, bathroom was big, no balcony but huge windows to see all the lights. Be prepared everything is pricey. The club entrances are about 20-40 cover (depending on the night). Nine steaks was ok. Was hoping for a superior meal but the drink guy made sure our glasses were never empty. To the point that one sip of water we took it was like he was right there! lol. We still laugh about that. I loved the breakfast choices the best and the strawberry chicken for lunch was really good. Service was fast in the casino with the complimentary drinks which weren't weak. Upon check out we were charged for an item we didnt use but the rep took it right off no questions asked. Yes its not on the strip but we are active we walked to the strip no problems and the shuttle on the strip was cheap and easy to take. I would visit again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Selb87
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Palms is a great Hotel, and the rooms have everything you could want. The hotel has two great nightclubs connected, and a great lounge. The biggest downfall of this hotel and why i wold not recommend it is its annoying location off the main strip. You will end of spending way to much time and money getting to and from the Palms, everytime you go somewhere its another ten dollar taxi ride.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leslie B
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This was my first time to las Vegas and this hotel was not a good experience. When we first got there no one helped to bring our bags up. I don't even think there is cocktail waitresses as I honestly never saw any. When calling room service no one ever answered.

The washroom shower was disgusting with mildew on the floor and there was no hot water. Also it was like the the sink was drained cause the water would build up in it like I was gonna bathe. Gross!

No one cleaned our room the last day. And the crowd there sucks! Bunch of cocky ppl who think their cuck ka's don't stink and think its cool to make fun of ppl out loud that's the staff and some of the guests. Uncomfortable stay, and will never ever stay here.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Minikrys
Dear Hotelier,

Thank you for staying at the Palms Casino Resort during your recent visit to Las Vegas. It is regrettable that you did not enjoy your experience, and we apologize for the seeming shortcomings in service. These concerns have been passed to the appropriate departments for consideration and improvement. In regard to the rooms, we are quite aware of the condition of our guest rooms through observation and feedback such as yours. We are proud to announce the commencement of a full renovation of our rooms this summer! Hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back after the completion of our renovation so that you may experience the Palms in new form! Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to being in contact soon.

Best Regards,
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Palms June 11-13 for his 30th birthday. The prior two days we stayed at The Mirage, which was simply fabulous, but we wanted to try out a different hotel to get a new scene and experience. WE SHOULD HAVE NOT DONE THIS.
There was no one to help us with our bags to our hotel room, the front desk was a complete mess and no one knew what to do, and there was absolutely no filtration system in the entire hotel. It smelled awful.
The Palms Place, which is about a good 10 minute walk to The Palms Hotel, was very chic and stylish; however, they failed to tell us that The Palms Place pool would be closed for our stay. It was very inconvenient and they were quite rude to me when I called down to the front desk to inquire about the closing. I was very disappointed because the pool was our main focus.
The pool bartender at The Palms (not Palms Place), Adrian, was very nice. He made awesome drinks, but once again I have a complaint - one day THEY WERE OUT OF FROZEN DRINKS. Yes, out of frozen drinks. In my opinion, this is the number one most important thing about Vegas. Again, a reason why we should've stayed at The Mirage.
Also, the Mexican restaurant Garndunos had horrible food and horrible service. Just a heads up if anyone wants to spend $100 to be letdown.
On a positive note, when we checked out, Elda - a front desk agent, was very pleasant. She was the best part of the hotel. I will also add that seeing Prometheus at the hotel theater was nice, too.
Folks, I would chose a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Megan T
Dear Vail Guest,

Thank you for making the Palms Casino Resort your accommodation of choice. We are displeased to learn of your unsatisfactory experience with us. We pride ourselves on the pleasant and attentive nature of our team members, and we truly apologize that you were not met with the outstanding service that has come to be expected of the Palms brand. We also apologize for the pool closure during your stay, but the safety and comfort of our guests is of highest priority. We appreciate your honest feedback as it helps in identifying areas of both strength and improvement, and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Leawood, KS
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband and I visit Vegas usually once a year. We stayed in the Palms for the first time in May. We had a basic room, which was clean and nice, but it was pretty small. The casino floor is very small and there aren't many restaurant or bar/lounge options either. The steakhouse there, N9ne, is worth visiting, though. When we booked the hotel, I didn't think it mattered so much that it was off the strip. Once we saw how small the casino was, I wish we had other casinos closer so that we could walk to them (I didn't particularly want to stay in our casino all the time). During pool season, the pool has a line on Fridays and Saturdays. Friday is their big pool day - Ditch Fridays. If you aren't there by 10 or 11, you probably won't be able to get a chair. If you don't care about having a seat and want a crazy pool party - this is the place to be. Overall, we didn't have any bad experiences, but I doubt we'll stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a small room, you can go with the regular room. If we were ever to stay here...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple