“Believe the bad reviews”

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #73 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I must support "Not a 4 star" on June 1, 2011 and second that opinion. I can only believe the good reviews are young dumb travelers that don't know any better -- even the young staff don't know any better and think you are crazy to complain!!! The website rooms, if they exist, are not the majority. My room was circa holiday inn 1999; the resort fee doesn't include anything but drinks and worthless discounts. Internet $14, gym $20 or $30 depending on the facility -- the $20 gym is a joke - the $30 one in drift spa is cool. But overall, this place is not consistent. One corner cool and trendy and the other dumpy and dirty. Food satisfactory in that it provided sustenance and didn't give me food poisoning and except for the buffet, way way overpriced. The main unfortunate part is that management and staff just don't care because there a thousands of young drones and foreigners that want to stay here thinking it's cool. Someone needs to tell management it's not cool to be rude and not appreciate your customers!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank axfoto

Reviewed June 15, 2011

I recently stayed at the palms place resort and I have to say that I was blown away. Don't let the location off of the strip turn you away from this hotel, it's actually a good thing (less crowded). I had a deal through living social for two nights and stayed in their studio suite. The room is a good size. It has a mini fridge with built in ice maker and mini bar. The tub is was big (jacuzzi style) and the bed was super comfortable. The customer service here is outstanding, they treat you like a VIP in every aspect. I've stayed in numerous hotels in Vegas and this hotel far surpassed my expectations. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank USMC_03
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My wife and I went for a long weekend get away and to experience Las Vegas. The Casino was very clean, not alot of gaming tables but had a lot of Poker and slot machines. The drink service was sort of slow at the machines and the restaurants food was overpriced and not that great, The clientelle wandering around the hotel was on the youngerside, under 30. The service from check in to check out was nothing out of the ordinary. Average at best. We had a great time and there a lot of amenties at the hotel but don't go with high expecations of fantastic service because you will not get the WOW.

1  Thank Ncshoe
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night on our way home. We got a really good rate on the room and we had good luck at the machines for the first time in my life. Yes, this is a younger crowd.. but we are in our early 40's and had a great time. It was a sunday night, so not as crowded as a weekend night. The room was nice. We used to stay at RIO down the street but got bored there, so we're looking for a new place and this may be it. not sure.. we"ll have to see what kind of rewards club they have. Love the fact that there's a food court and movie theather right there. Only negative is the location.. its not within walking distance to anything, but I guess they have a shuttle to take you over to the strip. And the pool closed at 6pm, which we wanted to use since we'd been flying all day but it was too late, and had to leave early the next morning. I think I would definitly stay here again.. I've heard the locals like it since they have loose machines.. and I can say.. they are much better than some of the other places I've stayed in Las Vegas. Didnt come home with extra money but we had fun while there which is all I really care about anyway.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Noisy, Noisy, noisy!!! First room assigned had continuus Bass Beat, returned to front desk ,. asked for different room ,was informed ALL the rooms were noisy! Given a differnt room which had no bass, just sirens throghout the night. We ate at their upscale Italian restaurant, BIG diappointment! So noisy and dark! Had to ask for a penlight to read the menu, then shout to our order to our waiter. Converstion was impossible. Food was overpriced Service okay. Location not the best, even the airport shuttle charges more to take you there than on the strip. We used the city bus and the duece to get around. Will NEVER stay at the Palms again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank terrie4812
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My wife and I - who are in our 40's and 50's respectively - picked the Palms for a couples getaway with a bit of apprehension due to its "20's party scene" reputation. We were there on a Monday-Thursday stay when the hotel was significantly less than capacity, but for that or whatever other reason we were treated with a level of hospitality that I have never seen at other Vegas hotels and rarely anywhere else. The staff seemed genuinely pleased we were there and happy to serve us, beginning upon arrival with the bartender in the Blue Agave bar who kindly informed us that our designer margaritas ($16 apiece) along with anything else would be comped so long as we put $20 in the video poker machine and played at $1/hand. So we had a great margarita and actually won a few bucks in the process!

This kind of friendly service was also experienced at the front desk, other casino bars and most especially at the pool, which is a real plus for the Palms.

In general, at least by Vegas standards, the hotel had a real boutique feel with the added benefit of lower table minimums than Strip counterparts! I could see that perhaps on weekends the young singles scene could get a bit annoying for older guests, but My wife and I can't say enough good things about our experience!

Reviewed June 7, 2011

I webt to vegas to celebrate my graduation I webt to three different hotels before landing at the palms. I was upgraded to a 1000 a night suite for 189 it MADE my trip! The clubs were awesome food was great ESP the restaurant open 24 hours so when you gor how late a burger awaited. I highly recommend the palms off the strip but a full venue with no reason to leave!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011