“My first links course”

Royal Links Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Royal Links was built to honor the rich legacy and tradition of the game of golf. Designed by Dye International, this links-style course features holes inspired by 11 different Open Championship rotation courses, including the “RoadHole” and “Hell Bunker” from the Old Course at St. Andrews andthe “Postage Stamp” from Royal Troon. Other courses in the loopinclude Carnoustie, Turnberry, Royal Liverpool, Prestwick, Royal Lytham,Muirfield and Royal Birkdale. Royal Links Golf Club opens the 2017 season new discounts for local residents. Under new ownership and management, RoyalLinks now has local, military and non-peak rates along with annual memberships.The facility features an all-grassdriving range and the Royal Pro Shop has an extensive selection of traditionaland non-traditional golf attire. Royal Links Golf Club has been locallyrecognized as the “Best Course in Las Vegas” in the ReviewJournal’s “Best Of Vegas” poll, and was recognized as oneof “America’s Best Courses You Can Play” by GolfWeek. Royal Links Golf Clubs is owned by ShelbyFutch and the Scottsdale Golf Group. Futch is a founder of the John Jacobs GolfSchools and was inducted into the Arizona Golf Hall of Fame in 2013. Under the guidance of Futch, Scottsdale Golf Group has grown from the undisputed leaderin golf instruction to also become a master of club operations, managementservices and consumer marketing services. The General Manager of Royal Links is Jody Niemann, former LPGA pro and the first woman to operate a Las Vegas golf coursefacility. Royal Links, located at 5995 Vegas ValleyDrive in Las Vegas, hosts traditional and non-traditional events, group outings and non-golf events, offering clients exclusive event planning and execution. To book an event, teetime or for more information, call 702.765.0484 or make reservations oronline at www.royallinksgolfclub.com.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Being my first links course, I really didn't know what to expect when I got here. Driving up to the large main gate and castle looking clubhouse, I couldn't help but chuckle.... only in Vegas. After a quick check in and some great breakfast at the bar, I set to tee off. Mind you, I am not a great golfer but I still enjoyed playing this course quite a bit. I played with someone from the UK who has actually played many of the links courses Royal Links emulates. He said many of the holes are just about spot on and they did a great job with recreating some of the "best links holes in golf."

My one tip about this course for those who have never played a links course before is to keep an eye on all your shots. Yes, I know this is golf and you should always do that. On this course though, you will always loose track of your ball because it will roll down a hill or behind a huge trap you do not see when you tee off. Also, be careful driving the cart on the course as there are many pot bunkers that are big enough to swallow your golf cart whole if you don't pay attention.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

From mandalay it's 25 minutes, not 15. From the moment we showed up in the clubhouse we felt we were imposing onvthe staff.

They sent out two groups of 5 people in front of our threesome. Our round was 5 1/2 hours. I paid 199 for the round plus another 199 for a guy that got sick and couldnt make it. They wouldnt bend on that policy. It was among the worst golf experiences of all time. The course was enjoyable enough, but i would not recomend this as your golf choice in vegas.

1  Thank chris e
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Got to play Royal Links for the first time and came away completely underwhelmed. As someone that has played great courses all over the world, Royal Links was a disappointment for the price I paid. Greens fees in excess of $250 demand that the course be in top notch condition. RL's greens were beat up, inconsistent on every hole and burned to a crisp. The tee boxes looked like they were from a $20 muni, torn up, divots everywhere and burned. The carts are older than my rusty Vokey in the shed, no GPS which is not helpful considering there are only a few yardage markers on each fairway. It pretty obvious that this course, maintenance and management has gotten lazy or greedy as they've relied on their once great reputation and ridiculous "par mate" caddy service to entice golfers to pony up the cash to play this place. Talk about sacrilege, designed after classic courses but to be so far off the mark. Would never return nor recommend it unless you are a frat party hacker that doesn't know Pebble Beach from Fruitty Pebbles. Skip it...

1  Thank Simon S
WaltersGolfMGT, Manager at Royal Links Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Hello Simon,

Based on your review, you are a well traveled golfer, who expected the best at our course. We will be reaching out to you personally to see if we can get more insights on your experience.

We were very disappointed to see you didn't enjoy your round. We have worked hard to make Royal Links a world class golf destination, and your feedback will help us better do just that.

Royal Links Golf Club Team

Reviewed September 14, 2013

One of the best courses I have ever played. The course was beautiful, not a divot or ball mark anywhere. The food in the bar was excellent. The staff was freindly and very helpful. The holes looked like the real ones. Especially the road hole and postage stamp. Do you're best to stay away from the bunkers as they are trecherous. Absolutely recommend you get a Parmate. I also suggest you request McKeena. She was great. Really knew the course and was extremely helpful. McKeena was tyhe highlight of the day and our trip.

Thank you for the review Enrico! We would love to have you back any time.

Royal Links Golf Club Team

Reviewed September 6, 2013

"The online booking was extremely easy and gave us a great price for such a fantastic course and they were ready for us when we arrived. Course was amazing. 5 stars. I will probably never get to Scotland to play but now I feel I have actually been. The British Open Championship will be more "real" when I see it next year. I have told everyone that will listen about our experience and I hope everyone visiting Las Vegas to play golf reads this.” – Dave Miller