“Fun Vegas Course”

Desert Pines Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: We invite you to experience the Carolina sandhills, tucked away minutes from the Las Vegas Strip, in the historic part of Las Vegas. As you begin your Vegas golf round at Desert Pines Golf Club Las Vegas, you will feel transported from the closed-in casinos and overpowering glitz to a place where you can enjoy the fresh, calming scent of real pine trees. This Dye-designed golf course features over 4,000 mature pine trees lining the fairways with green grass running from tees to pins. White sand bunkers protect large, undulating, bent grass greens fashioned after those at Augusta National Golf Club. Although there are no forced carries, four lakes will add to the excitement and beauty of your round. Spanning more than 50 hitting stations, the Practice Center is ideal for a pre-round warm-up or a stop to practice your swing. The two-level facility is covered, to protect from rain and sunlight, and features misters during summer months and heaters during the winter for ultimate comfort and enjoyment. Extended hours allow flexibility for golfers, with closing times at 11 p.m. The Snack Bar offers the delicious food served, situated conveniently next to the 10th tee box and within walking distance to the parking lot, the Practice Center provides a chance to perfect your game.
Reviewed March 17, 2009

This is a nice golf experience. Played early AM 3/15/09. Nicely conditioned course. Greens were very fast and true the day that I played. They would hold a well struck shot, but the ball then tended to roll to the lowest point on the green which at times could be frustrating. The distances on the card are not reflective of the distances seen on the course. Not sure how that happens, but on the par 3's it would be as much as 50-60 yards difference (the holes are all shorter than listed). A good but not great experience. I will probably try something different next time that I'm in Vegas. Staff was friendly. Green fees $149. Cab fare from strip $30.

1  Thank kicker_162

Reviewed February 1, 2009

This is a great course to begin a golf trip. Course was in great shape and the staff was very freindly! Great value!!

Reviewed January 6, 2009

Family and friends that I celebrated Christmas eve with were all asleep on Christmas day ... left with nothing to do... I decided to play golf.

Found Desert Pines Golf online ... drove 15mins to get there ... and that made my day! This place is great! Driving range is awesome and use is very inexpensive!

I am visiting LV in 2 weeks ... and I already scheduled tee time with a local friend of mine! Can't wait!

I recommend this place to all golf afficionados!

2  Thank crankypedaler
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I was just in Vegas over the weekend of July 18th 2008, and went golfing here. This place was awesome! I searched all over the internet looking for a place that would be nice but not too expensive, and I hit the nail on the head here. We get a 2pm tee time for $60 and its ~$30 cab from the paris hotel. This was easily one of the nicest courses I've ever played and will play here again next time I go back. The driving range is also awesome. The best part of all is that there was no one else on the course. We never waited for anyone in front of us on the tee box, we never had anyone behind us, heck we didn't even really see anyone else. The course plays a little difficult because of the narrow fairways, but if you can hit it straight you should be fine. Grass on greens and fairways are prefect! I highly recommend this course for someone looking to experience golf at its finest.

2  Thank dfarney
Reviewed July 29, 2008

My wife and I played this course while visiting relatives in Las Vegas. I was looking forward to a challanging course and was dissapointed to learn that the stated yardage off the white tees was incorrect. The course plays 1000 yards SHORTER than the score cards indicate. In fact, the white tees play shorter than the stated yardage from the red tees.

I became aware of the problem on the second hole when I couldn't find the correct t-box. I was looking for the middle Tee, 190 yrd box and all I could find was a 118 yrd tee box. I drove back to the starter who said some holes had been changed but it wouldn't affect the overall yardage. I had my sky caddie with me that verified that the yardage on most of the holes was 40-100 yards shorter than stated on the the score card on 15 of 18 holes.

I was so troubled by the discrepancy that I stopped a group ahead of us to ask what they thought and luckily, they were employees who said that the score cards are old cards that they have an over abundance of and when they use them all up, they will get corrected ones. He told me that they had to shorten all the holes because the old t-boxes had you shooting over other fairways and it was just too dangerous. He said there was an adjustment to use that would calculate the proper slope and rating and they would help me do this at the pro shop.

When we got to the pro shop, they refused to admit that there was a problem with the yardage. They said that the yardage varies from day to day as it does on any course. I was amazed that they would not admit that the course they advertise is not the course you play.

Other than the yardage debate, the course was in great shape and very pretty. Their ball feeder at the range is really cool. I wouldn't play there again only because the course plays too short for my preferance.

3  Thank vonlentz