“Lovely course, great customer service and 15 mins from the strip”

Desert Pines Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: We invite you to experience the Carolina sandhills, tucked away minutes from the Las Vegas Strip, in the historic part of Las Vegas. As you begin your Vegas golf round at Desert Pines Golf Club Las Vegas, you will feel transported from the closed-in casinos and overpowering glitz to a place where you can enjoy the fresh, calming scent of real pine trees. This Dye-designed golf course features over 4,000 mature pine trees lining the fairways with green grass running from tees to pins. White sand bunkers protect large, undulating, bent grass greens fashioned after those at Augusta National Golf Club. Although there are no forced carries, four lakes will add to the excitement and beauty of your round. Spanning more than 50 hitting stations, the Practice Center is ideal for a pre-round warm-up or a stop to practice your swing. The two-level facility is covered, to protect from rain and sunlight, and features misters during summer months and heaters during the winter for ultimate comfort and enjoyment. Extended hours allow flexibility for golfers, with closing times at 11 p.m. The Snack Bar offers the delicious food served, situated conveniently next to the 10th tee box and within walking distance to the parking lot, the Practice Center provides a chance to perfect your game.
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The course was recommended by our hotel as we were looking to spend tops of $150 per person on a round of golf - apparently this course is a more reasonable option as other local courses to the strip can cost $400-$500 a round which is ridiculous. The welcome in the Pro Shop is second to none and the staff couldn't do enough to help us get ready. Rental shoes seemed brand new, rental clubs the same and the cart was immaculate. The starter helped us get off early and suggested we started on the 10th so we had a smooth round with fewer delays. The course is absolutely first class and well maintained - the greens were superb and lightening quick too! And, from the playing point of view, challenging. Narrow fairways with plenty of water and bushes - we lost a fair few balls along the way. Staff talked to us along the way to make sure all was well (and were keen to see if we wanted to play again with a 40% discount). If you leave your contact details you are guaranteed up to a 40% discount at one of their three golf courses in LV (Desert Pines, Bali Hai and The Old Course) if you play again on your next visit. My only complaint whilst playing was the greenkeeping machines followed us for four holes which really spoilt things. I'm not sure why they were cutting fairways and greens at 11.30am, it was really annoying and hard to concentrate. We stopped at the restaurant for lunch which was busy with non players enjoying the good value food on offer. Again, excellent service, lovely cold beers with chilled glasses and enjoyable food. All in all a great way to spend a day.

There are newer reviews for Desert Pines Golf Club

Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

$90, 20 minutes from the strip. I had a voucher to play here for $75 and discounted club rental I got from a taxi. I presented this in the pro shop, but he said that was only available in the afternoon and as i was playing in the morning it was not valid; this was not clearly stated on the voucher. So including club rental I payed $139. This did tarnish my experience at the course. Considering I paid $160 to play Spanish Trails (immaculately kept private course just off West Tropicana) which included water and warm up on practice range etc I would definitely return to the latter before DP's.
The guy in the pro shop also told me that the practice range was closed when I arrived despite the fact I had booked the tee-time through my hotel concierge, the previous day when they told the concierge the rate included a bucket of balls to warm up!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I will be honest I came in with some apprehensions not sure that I would like the golf course. I am familiar with several of the Las Vegas golf courses and was under the impression this was nothing special. Boy was I wrong! The course is gorgeous, lots of green and the fusion of green grass with desert landscape is phenominal. The entire course was extremely well kept. From the greens to the tees to the fairways, I was very impressed.

The proshop was also in very good condition. I really was thinking I was going to be walking into just another proshop, but it's really nice and upscale.

The ranger/security checked on us and was extremely friendly. The bartender was extremely professional and courteous, the beverage cart lady (nicky?) was not only gorgeous but very attentive to my beverage needs.

Whomever puts together the retail side of the pro shop needs a raise. Everything was well organized and looked extremely clean and sharp. I found myself vearing over to some polo shirts even though I have no need for them.

I was so impressed with the course, I think they should call it Dessert Pines, as you'd be crazy not to want to go back for a second, third, or fourth time. Great job Desert Pines, you've won a repeat client!

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Being a Vegas local, tend to shy away from the area where this course is located.. But the courses location in no way is represented by the outside area.. The most notable thing about the course is the greens.. They hold long irons very well and roll very true.. For a low handicapper that is all you can ask for.. Nothing worse than hitting a good shot and watching the ball bounce and not check up on the green..

The staff was great had a good lunch and the Marshall was visible on the course all day.. The cart girl Vicki or Nicki was funny and had a great attitude even though it was over 100 degrees.. If your a tourist visiting Vegas go play Desert Pines... Its a great day waiting to be had..

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Visited Las Vegas with friends in mid April 2012. I wanted to make sure I got a round of golf in.
Booked a couple of weeks earlier to get an early tee off time ($89). We stayed at the Venetian and the taxi ride was around 15 mins and $20.

I was met at the door and my cart and hire clubs were waiting. Staff in the pro shop and bar were very helpful and genuinely nice. Hire clubs were around $50 and were Calloway's. Well used but perfectly OK.

Course was in excellent condition and is very different to what I play in the UK with fast undulating greens. Lots of desert and water hazards. Starter very helpful in telling you what to avoid! There's a phone at the 9th tee to order breakfast and carts regularly pass-by selling drinks etc.

Met after the 18th and staff ordered me a taxi whilst I got changed and had some breakfast. Everyone really nice. Would definitely play again.