“Great course, excellent service”
Review of TPC Las Vegas

TPC Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tournament Players Club (TPC) is a member of the PGA's prestigious network of TPC stadium courses that is designed to accommodate tournament play.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Played here end of July. Good package deal while we stayed at JW Marriott, few minutes away from the course.
Very friendly welcome by staff in the proshop and first tee. Excellent rental clubs available. Course was overall in very good condition. Many canyons to cross which makes it a nice challenge (especially for people from the The Netherlands) . Only very dispappointedthat most players do not seem to repair their pitchmarks on the green; all greens had many damages.

A very good choice when you want to play golf in Vegas.

(the next day we played Paiute, Wolfe Course; a even nicer course out of town in the desert, but not a very friendly welcome)

All reviews
in 12 reviews
in 8 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to play a round here, and it was one of the best courses I have ever played. The course is challenging, as it should be, but its not so challenging that you will be frustrated. I also need to take the time to comment on the staff. Right before we got to the course there were heavy rains causing flash flooding which prevented us from teeing off at our usual time. The staff in the pro shop was very nice in informing us of the situation and were very courteous. They understood that we traveled a long way to play here, and so they worked hard to ensure we were could get out there. While we were delayed, we went for a beer at the bar and the bar tenders were kind as well. Once our round was over, the attendants checking us out cleaned our clubs and called us a cab. Great guys. Overall I was very appreciative and grateful for my awesome experience.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to play a nice golf course while in vegas!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Green fees not all that outrageous.

Rented clubs. One of the advantages was that they offered choice of Taylormade, Titleist, or Callaway. Renting clubs a lot easier than lugging your clubs around especially since I was only playing one round on my trip. Only let down there was the putter.

What was a first for me was what they called "blended" tees.

I wanted to play the blues, the guy I was with was more of a white tee golfer.

Blended took a mixture of blue and white tees. Made for an interesting day of golf for the both of us.

Greens were not too hard so many shots did stick. They were pretty slick (which I prefer) and ran true (was told around a 10 on the stimpmeter).

Only comment was that some of the areas around the green were watered a bit too much. Made it inconsistent in as far as judging how wet the turf was when making shots from wedge on in.

Especially tricky when trying to stick one tight with a lob wedge.

Course was challenging, people were friendly and pace of play was quick.

Already have recommended to others planning to head to Vegas.

1  Thank flyboy228
Reviewed April 5, 2013

First time for me playing a desert course. Greens and fairways were great - when you can land on them. Be careful as it is hard to find your ball otherwise. I really enjoyed the 2nd hole (par three). It had a tee off and a green and nothing else. The others in my foursome all ended up in the desert. I however ended up right on the green. My best hole on a tough but fun course.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We wanted to play a course designed for the pro's and it really sunk in when we pulled up and seen cars parked in the parking spaces reserved for "Touring Pro's" and pulled in to our stall.

Being that we hadn't played a lot of golf yet this year, a few more warm up balls for the range besides the bag of a few dozen would have been nice, but we hit those, and then practiced putting on the quick and fast, but true rolling greens. I always thought it'd be nice to only have to get the ball rolling towards the hole without a big putt swing and this course allowed me to experience just that.

We found the course open enough to be able to hit driver when we wanted, some nice scenic holes along the way, maybe a few holes that looked like a few others on the back nine, some chances to reach the 5's in 2, and really cool when you pull up to a tee box and come across a touring pro practicing in the private part of the range, that is pretty neat, especially when you catch him looking at you teeing off and you actually hit the green (#2).

For the tourist golfer, GPS on the carts would have given them a 5 rating, but they don't have them, so yardage and club selection is made more difficult but to be able to play a course that is set up for the pro's (heck, even the pin locations were tough) that was fun!

Service was friendly throughout the day and pace of play was really good, about 4 hours 15 minutes for us with our two-some and a couple foursomes ahead of us.