“TPC at the Canyons - Las Vegas”
Review of TPC Las Vegas

TPC Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tournament Players Club (TPC) is a member of the PGA's prestigious network of TPC stadium courses that is designed to accommodate tournament play.
Kemptville, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“TPC at the Canyons - Las Vegas”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Let me start off by saying that the staff from the clubhouse to the marshalls to the cart person were all very nice and provided great service. I played the course the first week of January under light wind conditions. Perhaps it is because I have played a number of TPC courses but I found this course, for the price, to be a little below what I have come to expect. Overall the course is a good challenge of shot and decision making. Not target golf in the strictest sense but you are not going to want to be too far off line either. The fairways and tee boxes were in good shape. The big disappointment at least for me was the condition of the greens. They were in rough shape, lots of un-repaired ball marks, intrusion of some form of weed on some of the greens and the speeds of 10.5 were inconsistent. Glad I played, don't really see the need to play it again. In case it helps I'm a 10 handicap.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Happy_Guy_Ottawa

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Course”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I played the course two times recently on back to back days. The staff was kind, friendly and very helpful. I rented clubs (AP2) that were in great shape. It was like playing with new clubs. The course is set up like most TCP courses with fast greens and sand that is within reach on most of your tee and green shots. With the exception of the first hole, the course was in excellent condition. This is a highly recommend course for fast play. I would not recommend this course if you are a weekend hacker or just want to play golf and get drunk. It will not be an exciting experience and you will feel like you over paid.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Amp_98
london
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“ok but there's better out there”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

a nce knock round with some interesting holes but all in all there are better courses out there for the same or less money

Visited September 2011
2 Thank LondonClive
Dallas
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Timely Pace of Play; Great Challenge”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I've seen others complain about the marshals. I found them to be excellent - friendly, efficient and helpful. I did play on June 30th in the afternoon; hot and dry. My pace of play was outstanding; only about three hours total and I fooled around hitting extra shots on many holes. The course was in pretty fair shape - lot's of dry, almost bare, spots on a few holes. But, it was 100+ degrees and I'm sure the water put down evaporates quickly. But, all-in-all, for the hot summer, I found it in better-than-average condition. I normally play in Dallas so "hot" is fine with me. I thoroughly enjoyed the dry heat versus the humidity. Easy to play the ball down in the fairways and have a good shot. The greens were very good. When the wind picked up, you had to really think about your shot. And, I've never seen as many rabbits as I saw in the desert part of the course. I've got to admit, I never knew rabbits made a shreeking sound when you came near them! I enjoyed my round. And, you couldn't ask for a nicer pro shop staff. They remembered my name and treated me like royalty.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank MAC3844
El Paso, Texas
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Integra trio”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Course was in fair shape but the marshall service was poor. The round was over 7 hours. I may not go back! Pace of play was way too slow.

Visited March 2012