“Last Resort”

Angel Park Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A favorite with the casino crowd, this two-course golf club has an illuminated driving range that stays open all night long.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

1pm tee time saturday afternoon. Did not tee off until after 1:40pm. Three groups on the first three holes. It took over an hour to play 3 holes. We were only able to play 12 holes before the sun went down. Never saw a ranger on the course. Poor time management. Mountain Course was in below average shape. Greens were bumpy and inconsistent. Positives were $2 PBR's, great weather and good company. Will not return to this golf facility.

There are newer reviews for Angel Park Golf Club

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Angel Park has a lighted nine hole par three course that we attempted to play. We called to get a 6:00 PM tee time and we're told we would not need one and to "just come on out". When we showed up, the teenager behind the counter said they closed at 6:00. It was 6:02 (the time shown on my phone) and he refused to let us out. The next morning I called and was told the course closed at 7:00 PM (not 6:00 PM) and that the kid running to shop "must have wanted to go home". So if you would like to play this course, better see if they are in the mood to work that day or you may have wasted a trip to the course.

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We've played here many times. Awesome courses that plays quick. We played the Palm course this morning (Thanksgiving) and it's in great shape.
Above average course & great value for the $.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I got a pretty good deal on EZ-links for $50/pp for a 1:04 tee time. Practice area has a nice putting area and chip area but the driving range is off of mats. Even though I suck this is pretty weak cause the mats react different to my irons then taking a divit but that could be just cause, like I said, I suck.

Both my brother and I played, and got paired up with a single. We are both high handicapers but we enjoyed the round. Plenty of open holes and playable areas, some of the courses I played on here were very difficult for bad golfers to hit a drive in play. Not so here, course was in great condition, as were the greens. Despite some so play from the group infront of us, we finished in about 4:20 which was great.

Two things worthy of noting, both negative. First, the snack bar was closed, which is a shame since a hotdog around the turn would have been great. Eating chips or peanut butter crackers doesn't boost the energy, not to mention it didn't help absorb any of the 6 beers we had on the front 9. Lastly, if your staying on the strip, be forworned that the course is about a 20 minute cab ride which will set you back about $45 each way. So at the end of the day for the two of us it was just about $100 pp to play but considering other courses I have played in Vegas, that is about right.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Angel Park Mountain course is right next to the Suncoast Hotel. Since I was staying at that hotel (see separate review), I called for a tee time. I wanted early, I got 630 am, second out.

This is a good course, though on the day I played it it was cart path only because of the annual overseeding of the fairways and greens. [That is done on most golf courses in temperate areas so that we get good grass for winter.] I'm not a big fan of cart path only, though I will admit I got good exercise. The other downside of overseeding is that the grass is allowed to grow a bit more than usual, both on the greens and on the fairways. Enough whining about overseeding--the course.

The reservation process was painless. If you are a member of the OB Sports golf program, the cost of this course is really quite minimal. I was paired with two golfers who were local to Las Vegas, and they were very helpful with the course. This is not the most difficult course I have played--in general you get what you see. Because of overseeding, the greens were variable (thus 4 bullets instead of 5--on another day, this may well be a five bullet course).

The greens were true (though not particularly hard to read); the food and beverage service was most adequate on-course (I did not try off course dining); the pro shot was well stocked; and the staff was helpful--to the point that they took my clubs to my car for me without ever sticking a hand out.

Pace of play was excellent--under four hours for 18 holes--and the course was interesting with decent traps; "fair" water hazards; and appropriate length.

In short, other than cart path only during the day (and probably the week before) I was there, I have only good things to say about this course. By the way, they have a GPS on their website if you have a smartphone on course.