“Angel Park Mountain Course”

Angel Park Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A favorite with the casino crowd, this two-course golf club has an illuminated driving range that stays open all night long.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Angel Park Mountain Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

My friends played a fourball at Royal Links,Bali High and here during our stay in Las Vegas and I would rather play at Angel Park than anywhere else.The price is reasonable,a test of golf thats challenging -yet no punitive like Royal Links and Bali High (i play off 18) and the staff very helpful and friendly.The property is about a 20 min cab ride from the strip.

Visited October 2011

Harrogate, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great course, suits mid/high handicappers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

We played the Mountain course on 22nd Aug. We booked an early tee off to avoid the hottest part of the day - this proved to be a good move as the tempreature when we finished was approx 110 F. The course itself was in good condition, and some of the previous reviewers must have been unlucky I guess.

We played off the resort (White) tees which meant some of the carrys from the tee were not nearly so intimidating. The real challenge for me proved to be the difficulty of shot if you missed a fairway by more than a foot or two. I was often left with hanging lies, or shots for the desert./ scrub. Still I expected this! The views of the desert and mountains were incredible, and I have some lovely photos to remind me of the round.

We were paired up with another couple, who were very good golfers, friendly and as vistors to the USA we were made to feel really welcome.

The staff at Angel park were also friendly and efficient, and as previous reviewers have remarked the starter gives you a warm welcome.

My friend and I are 18 & 20 handicappers respectively and we enjoyed the challenge without getting too beat up by the course. Definitley one to try.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Freelunch42
Grapevine, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Public course in Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

I have played here about 6 or so times. They have 2, 18 hole courses and I have played both. This is a perfect course for all handicaps. Not too much trouble if you get off the fairway on some holes but enough to make you want to hit a good shot. I can't say enough good things about the staff, very helpful and pleasant from the pro shop to the wait staff. The fairways, excellent. We rented clubs and were surprised how good they were. If you're from out town and want a great place to play golf, this is it.

Visited July 2011
Sherbrooke, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“OK golf course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

I was expecting something more spectacular but Angel Park (we played the Mountain course) was an ordinary desert course. Greens not too fast. Good conditions overall. It's a good course and decently priced at about $100.

Visited January 2011
canada
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Not too shabby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

We played Painted Desert a couple days before and it was awful so this could not be any worse. We arrived and got on early....the customer service here was better than the other which was a plus. The course and the fairways were fairly good for this time of year - we were happy - again compairing it too our previous golf experience a couple of days before. The only thing I can say was the marshal did not do his job and move the play. We started with four and were following two guys who were probably 70'ish but thought they were still pros.
Every tee to green they took enormous amounts of time taking their shots. The older couple we were playing with finally left after the 13th hole. We kept playing then finally left after the 16th....while driving buy the two guys in front of us who were STOPPED and gabbing with the marshal !!!! We were choked as we would have at least enjoyed to finish the game - I won't fault the course for that because all in all we enjoyed it and liked the course. In saying that - we always try to visit a new course when visiting and we definately will do that.