“Very Helpful”

Discount Firearms & Ammo
Ranked #11 of 163 Shopping in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Blast away at life-size targets with real machine guns and pistols.You can choose from a dozen legendary machine guns and fifty handguns, take pictures and bring home your targets from this once-in-a-lifetime experience. The Vegas Machine Gun Experience is perfect for bachelor and bachelorette parties, birthdays and corporate events.VEGAS MACHINE GUN EXPERIENCE - You can shoot a legendary machine gun for as little as $50!
ny
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Very Helpful”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We visited this store primarily to shoot handguns. We recently applied for a license and wanted to shoot some guns to see which ones we liked or disliked. Brian at the store had so much patience with us. He explained so many things that made us feel more comfortable in our process. His recommendations were spot on. Not only was he very professional, they were all very nice in there. I would suggest that you visit this place when you are in vegas.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank RoziNy

Winkhill, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“awesome experience and great staff”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went to try the shooting range straight after getting married in Vegas as part of a 2 week road trip. We'd seen great reviews on here and it didn't disappoint. When we went in it was pretty busy at the counters, but theat was mostly for peple purchasing stuff rather than waiting to soot, as we were then attended to really quickly and after filling a form in and showing some ID, we were introduced to our range instructor (Zack) who went through all the safety info and was really friendly and funny. We then went in and got to firing the guns which was noisy but awesome. Zach was so patient and helpful seeing as we'd never shot before and we ended up wanting to shoot more really. Overall, we shot 5 guns between us (about 50 rounds) and it cost under $190 including free t-shirts. I would recommend if you have a slight interest in firearms or even if you want to see how good a shot you could be with a real weapon (and not just on Call of Duty! lol!)

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Selina C
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant fun”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

If you have any interest in fireams this is the place to go. I looked into a few ranges before leaving London for Vegas and DFA seemed to be the ideal choice in terms of price and location.

I called them to see if they had space, they were already waiting at the front of the hotel by the time I got downstairs. There were no questions about how much I intended to spend, nor was it a problem that I was on my own (my girlfriend hates guns).

The staff are really friendly in particular the driver, the lady at reception and the instructor (sorry cannot remember any of their names). I chose the Zombie package due to the range of weapons; 9mm handgun, 9mm machine gun, higher calibre M4 and pump action shotgun.

The instructor was really helpful, he was happy to let me reload, deal with jamming, he gave loads of advice on various ways to grip the guns, loads of information on the ammunition, reliability of the guns and tips to improve accuracy etc. He even took photos and videos on my phone.

Once I was finished the driver took me back to the hotel, I got to keep the targets as a souvenir along with a free hat. The package was $150 plus tip for the driver, a bargain. I was tempted to try out some other weapons but was pressed for time. Again there was no pressure to spend more money.

In the UK it is very rare to be around guns so naturally you will be a bit nervous, however the place is very professional and safety is clearly paramount but without being patronising. If you decide to visit you should try the shotgun, take my shoulder's word for it.

2 Thank NDiamond
Mississauga, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Do this attraction - it's an experience!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was really apprehensive (a bit scared of guns) about doing this but our range officer was a really nice guy - they keep it light and make sure that you have listened to them so that you are safe. the fact that you can call them and get picked up in like 1/2 hour is amazing - really smart business tactic. and the driver was such a sweet man - even dropped us off after at a great pub recommended by the staff (yard house)!
i don't know what i shot but some machine guns, a rifle and hand guns. My husband did the shotgun but it was intense and kicked back into his shoulder so i was like no way!
i bought a package online but i'd really not recommend that... go in and they will suggest some fun weapons appropriate for what you feel ready to handle. after the machine guns some of the ones i bought/shot were boring. like too easy. but that's what i had pre-purchased so there was nothing to be done at that time.
be ready to give gratuities - i wasn't sure as another gun place i read that they don't accept but this place does. but hey - they babysit you and drop you off/pick you up so its not too much to ask.
will be doing this again on our next trip to Vegas.

4 Thank Incubusamy M
bexhill on sea, East sussex
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A MUST WHEN IN VEGAS”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Ive always wanted to try shooting PROPER guns, & finally got the chance in Las Vegas. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, me & my wife had already decided on Discount Firearms, & we were not dissapointed. It is brilliant. We decided to walk from our hotel as it sits a couple of blocks behind the strip (but be careful as some of the maps you get on the strip are out of date as the surrounding area is being redeveloped). You can phone the shop direct & they offer a free transfer from & to your hotel. On arrival we opted for one of the packages that they offer, but you can choose from a range of weapons & tailor make your experience. I opted for the zombie package (MP-5, M4, GLOCK PISTOL & REMINGTON PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN) & I added the AK-47, & the wife went for the smaller 9mm package. We were then led into the range by John who was our firearms guide. He was great & gave lots of tips & information on the weapons we would be firing. We were free to take video & pictures which was great. We had a brilliant time, & at the end of the experience you get to take your targets home & are given a T-shirt. When we went to leave, we were asked how we had got there, & when we told John we had walked he was very insistent that we should have free transport back to the hotel, even though we had not used it from the the hotel. A great experience, & after checking prices at other ranges this place is certainly cheaper for the weapons we fired.

A top experience with top guys.