“A must-do in Vegas!”

Discount Firearms & Ammo
Ranked #10 of 164 Shopping in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Blast away at life-size targets with real machine guns and pistols.You can choose from a dozen legendary machine guns and fifty handguns, take pictures and bring home your targets from this once-in-a-lifetime experience. The Vegas Machine Gun Experience is perfect for bachelor and bachelorette parties, birthdays and corporate events.VEGAS MACHINE GUN EXPERIENCE - You can shoot a legendary machine gun for as little as $50!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A must-do in Vegas!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

This was the best part of our 3 days in Vegas! It started with getting picked up exceptionally fast by John, our really friendly and knowledgeable shuttle driver. After a very short drive from the Mirage we arrived at the store. Once inside we met Sarge and filled out our paperwork. After a short wait, which we used to wander and browse the store (they also have vending machines and washrooms in the store if you need them), we were ready to go back to the range with Sarge. We both elected to do the zombie hunt package. Sarge suggested that we swap out the old MP40 for a newer MP5, thats what he would take hunting zombies. Even the the pakage listed MP40 as one of the guns we were able to swap it at no extra charge and it provided a much better shooting experience. As both of us were first time shooters, Sarge did a great job in demonstrating how to aim and shoot the variety of weapons. He was always with us, making sure we were safe and offering helpful pieces of advice. As he used to be in the USMC we listened closely and took all his advice to heart, you could see that he definitely knew what he was talking about and he enjoyed his job. He made sure we got pictures after shooting each gun and he took some pictures of the both of us at the end with each of us holding a gun. After the shooting was all done we got to keep all the targets we shot and got a t-shirt that came with the package. We ended up buying some other t-shirts as well because they were good quality and nice. All in all this was a great experience, if you are going to Vegas make time to do this, you will not regret it! See if you can get Sarge to be your range instructor and you will have an even better time!

5 Thank Aaron B

Chicago, Illinois
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience for Us Beginners”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I have never shot a gun before and were awed by this experience. Just to feel the power, the noise, and destructive force of these weapons was eye-opening.
The site is an indoor shooting range with targets. You get an instructor who takes you from the retail portion into the range. He teaches you how to hold the weapons, basic gun safety, how to shoot, then off you go. Though there are several packages from which to choose, he turned ours into more of an ala carte thing, which saved us money and was also better suited (he correctly assumed my wife would not enjoy shooting a shot gun, and she agreed after she saw me shoot it). We shot several types of machine guns, a shot gun (for me), and a pistol, but there are many ways in which you can individualize your experience.
The venue is close to the strip (behind Fashion Show Mall area). It is not really a glamorous location and there aren't a lot of bells and whistles: just targets and guns, but I felt it an experience of a lifetime as a novice shooter. The selection of weapons would likely be a thrill for an experience shooter as well. Plan on tipping your instructor (the amount of money he saved us by customizing our experience was well worth the tip anyway): you get personal, one-on-one instruction (or one on two in our case). You can take pictures. It got pretty crowded there Saturday morning.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank TomDM94
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“110% brilliant experience!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Highly recommend this place. Excellent staff , all very friendly and helpful and you can tell they all enjoy their jobs. I am a keen shooter/hunter in nz/australia and my wife and I came here because (I) haha was keen as on shooting something that i couldnt usually. They have a lot of packages available or you can chose anything u want to shoot. No pressure at all from the staff. We shot exactly what i wanted. Had a fantastic time! Sarge was our intructor and is a Top bloke!! Very helpful and fun. All the staff were friendly and great (and happy) and i highly recommend coming here.
10/10

3 Thank Jono S
Melbourne, Australia
117 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“The best thing i did in Vegas”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had never shot a gun before and this was so much fun!
I thought the prices were very reasonable but then again in Australia we have nothing like this so maybe it was a little overpriced for americans?
Anyway my sister, dad and I got to shoot a policeman type handgun (50 rounds), a rifle (50 rounds), Tommy Gun (like from scarface; 50 rounds) and a AK47 (50 rounds) for under $100 and that included all the safety gear and 4 targets.
They had a lot of choices of weapons including some massive shotguns that I was too scared to try.
The staff were lovely and very helpful in showing us how to aim right and shoot the guns the right way.
We were allowed to take photos at the end holding the guns after they had taken all the ammo out of course.
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to try shooting.
Also they picked us up from our hotel and dropped us back there for no charge.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank amy d
Las Vegas, Nevada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good value for weapons”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife picked up her first gun, It was a .22. They were very helpful. Diana advised us about the safety and handing of the gun. They were out of stock on the AR15s. But, Diana, gave us her business card and said to call anytime to check on inventory.

Visited January 2013