“Love this place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Monta Noodle House
Ranked #320 of 4,767 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Soups
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Renton, Washington
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

My friends and I found this place in one of the Las Vegas magazines. We opted to try it out. I have been addicted ever since. I have not wanted to write this review because this place is like y secret treasure and very small. There is almost always await. The food comes out very fast it has a limited menu of Ramen noodles. It is awesome. The fried rice is out of the park good. The bowls of noodles are quite big and you pay like $7 bucks. You can't go wrong with that. The wait staff is nice and fast. I can eat here everyday since Ramen noodles are one of my favorite. It is a bit out of the way for me plus its small and often packed. Definitely worth going and checking it out and even if you have never had Ramen (the pack for .25 cents in the grocery store does not count) for less then ten bucks its worth it try.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Shaun C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best of the best ramen!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Tiny, busy spot where you can get the absolute best ramen dishes around. I understand the place gets mobbed with long lines, as there are very few seats here. No matter - it is worth the wait. We went when it opened at 11:30am on the weekend, and were seated quickly, although by the time we left, people were waiting.

The broth (chicken for me) was deeply rich and flavorful. The noodles were so tender, and the mushrooms were delicious. You can add a variety of toppings. There are other dishes as well, but do go for the ramen on your first visit.

Inexpensive and perfectly created Japanese comfort food. Delicious!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nashvillecat
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“Noodle soup here is too salty and no taste good.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

I never had such a salty RAMEN noodles made by Japnese cook.
I cannot believe this restaurant is so popular and busy.
I know Americans eat salty food,,,still for me (as a Japanese) this restaurant's noodles are way too salty. Beside saltiness seasoning itself is rather poor= Real good Japanese Ramen should have deeper taste. I am sure that the cook has no good tech so he makes Ramen saltier than normal.

I am not interested in what Americans want to eat= Who eats always Mac has no sense of dinning nor diet anyway. But if you were not Americans you should not go to this Reastaurant,,,
If you want to try real Ramen(Japanese noodles, I suggest you to try SORA (空) only 100m east from this restaurant. ( each Ramen costs 50cents or 1$ more than Monta(this restaurant) but Sora has real good Ramen.
Especially for Japanese== もし あなたが 日本人なら 100メートル東にある 空というラーメン屋さんに行ったほうがいいですよ。MONTAのラーメンは日本人が満足するレベルじゃありません=まずくはないですが、うまいとはとてもいえない。 空 では それぞれのメニューはここより50セントくらいここより高いですが、麺もおいしいし、味も日本人が満足する水準です。(外国で食べるラーメンとしては最高水準です)。
 I am not reporting this for SORA, I just want all the Tripadvisor member not to spend time and money for this restaurant,,,
 ( I understand Ramen is salty when they want to serve it for white people caz they no take soup with noodles like Jap does,,,so they need to make it little saltier but Monta Ramen is way too salty and tasteless(just salty). And may be last night's soup was just a mistake.

• Visited June 2014
Semarang, Indonesia
“Jewel in the dessert...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

This time, I would like to share my experience in dining at Monta Noodle House with my wife in end of last year. It all started when we both would like to find different restaurant for our lunch while we were in Las Vegas. From the strips, we were turning our car into Spring Mountain Rd. and passing by the large shopping complex where Sam Woo BBQ was located.

We kept driving for couple blocks further down until we found our favorite burger place, Jack in the Box, in our right hand side. As we passed it already, we immediately turned our car into a parking lot next to it. Since it was a one way street, we had to drive around the complex. Until then, we noticed a small restaurant where there were at least 15 people were queuing outside.

We took a picture of that restaurant and decided to return back in the evening the day after. We arrived there around 8:30 pm as we thought the queue would be shorter than the one in peak hour but we were wrong : When we arrived there, we could not even find an empty spot for our car. I had to drive around for 10 minutes before finding one.

There were at least 12 groups ahead of us when we registered our name and started queuing : The waitress who passed our (queue) number told us the estimate waiting time would be at least an hour or so. Well, since we were there and by looking at the queue for 2 straight days, we decided to take a chance by staying in queue, a decision which we did not regret later.

They did not call our number until 85 mins. later and by that time, the waiter told us the only seat they had was at the bar counter and for table, we had to wait several minutes. As we had waited for quite a long time, we both decided to take her offer. So, once we were being seated, we selected our order and it was done in less than 5 mins. (I guess that's because we were quite hungry that time and weather was chilly outside).

We both ordered two portions of ramen with different fillings and Gyoza. Our food were being served within 10 mins. Gyoza was tasty and so does their ramen : I really love the soup and I decided to order extra noodle that moment which made my stomach really full that evening.

I noticed this place was able to serve authentic Japanese ramen in their establishment so it was really not a surprise for me to find this restaurant was always fully packed during their regular business hours.

Therefore, I won't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to everyone who is looking for fine quality (and inexpensive) Japanese ramen whenever they visit Las Vegas in the near future.

• Visited December 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“great ramen in Las Vegas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

My go to Ramen place in Las Vegas... Tonkatsu and the combination Shoyu is what I usually like and a side of the melt in your mouth pork belly on rice! Great meal everytime!

• Visited March 2014