Jaleo
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Harmon Avenue
Transit: Las Vegas Transit 24 hrs daily
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Excellent and tasty tapas , but way overpriced. Tapas should be cheap and cheerful. We had 7 different Tapas and 1/2 Sangria...total cost $154! Not sure that it's worth the money.

1  Thank Dem6806
Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were fortunate enough to get a reservation at E, the 8 seat restaurant inside Jaleo and the mind of owner/Chef Jose Andras. Jaleo is wonderful as a Spanish/Tapas restaurant on its own, but E takes it to another whole level. Like its predecessors El Bulli (which we were able to visit in 2010) and Noma (still trying to get a reservation), this 20 course tasting menu reveals the wonderful creativity of Spanish/Global cuisine.

We attended the earlier seating (530p) and they have a later seating starting at 8p.

On arrival you are seated at bar tables near the front to meet your other dining companions and have some welcome drinks, then you are ushered into the Cave (think a Japanese Bar tables -sem-circular) with lots of fascinating ornaments and odd curiosities. The 5 chefs introduce themselves and the food starts coming out fast and furious.

Highlights were the Cotton Candy Empenada, the Spheres of Sangria, and the beef tenderloin (the last of which was presented in regular format). We also had the wine/beer tasting menu which included drinking from a very unique spanish glass that looks like a decanter and sends wine out in a narrow stream which you try to extend your arm away from you to make the stream longer.

In any event, a wonderful experience with lots of good fun from the chefs and servers (very approachable and talkative) as well as from your fellow guests.

All in the meal is around $250/person and the wine pairing is $130/person. There is a fancier wine pairing for $330/person, but none of our 8 guests partook.

Reservations suggested 6 weeks or so in advance and they have a Facebook page if you're open to last minute. A little expensive but you won't be disappointed...Enjoy! Buon Appetito...

Reviewed August 19, 2014

I've enjoyed meals at the DC location and was excited to introduce Jaleo to my coworkers. This one did not measure up and Bravas from a bag??? We were warned that the Bravas were made with "chips" but I thought hand-sliced, housemade cottege fries, but what came was a bag of potato chips with a light ketchup sauce...Jose, what were you thinking?

Reviewed August 18, 2014

My wife and I had lunch here on a recent Las Vegas trip - wonderful experience. We sat at the tapas counter and watched the chefs work as we ate. We split a bruschetta style tapas, salami, endive salad and an amazing grilled cheeses sandwich. Service was good. The wines by the glass were also quite good. I really enjoyed the Rose cava.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

This restaurant is located in The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, and if you don't mind spending twenty bucks a pop on a gin and tonic, try one at Jaleo. It was easily the best I've ever had, and the lady in my life shared my assessment. I'm still trying to recreate this at home, and am close...

The food was also good...tapas are nicely portioned for two, and you'll need about 4-6 orders to make a meal of it.

A little spendy, but the atmosphere, cocktail and food quality make it a worthwhile splurge on your next trip to Vegas.

Been to Jaleo? Share your experiences!