“pluses and minuses”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Tropicana
Description: Named Best Italian Restaurant and one of the Top 10 New Restaurants in Las Vegas, Bacio is a charming trattoria specializing in authentic Italian fare. Using only the freshest and most choice ingredients, we prepare signature salads, pastas, and more.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

All pluses and no minuses at this delightful little niche that perfectly balances quiet elegance with comfortable informality in a white linen setting. Perfect attention by Lloyd, our server, made our delicious meal a fine dining experience.

Nicole-TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Bacio Italian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

GeorgePettie, I am thrilled we were able to exceed your expectations on your recent dining experience. I will ensure Lloyd is celebrated for his service. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Cozy Italian restaurant in the Tropicana hotel. All white decor with black & white framed photos. We had a very attentive waitress. Food was excellent, being from NY we have access to great Italian food but this was surprisingly good. I had a veal dish with artichokes and the veal was really tender. Plan to go back on our next Vegas trip.

1  Thank Phyllis075
Nicole-TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Bacio Italian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, Phyllis075. I am thrilled you had a great dining experience and we can't wait to see you again. -Nicole nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the tropicana and later the MGM signature, we used the 'ticks for tonight' booths daily. We got a great deal on Bacio but that said it is not expensive.

The service was matched only by the quality of the food and wine, amazing surrounding and as I say the best steak I had ever had ( I had 3 of the best steaks ever eaten in Vegas )

I can't recommend this restaurant enough likewise the Hotel, I understand Hilton have recently purchased this gem of a hotel.

Thank you for your review, Danny. I am glad you had a great dining experience with us. Hilton has partnership with us but Tropicana Las Vegas will keep its current owners. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We are cooking show fanatics and two of Bacio’s chefs were featured on “Top Chef” and “Chopped,” so . . . of course . . . we absolutely had to try it out when we were visiting Las Vegas. While we were a bit disappointed to learn that neither chef is still on staff, that is the ONLY disappointment we had! Bacio was just great.

First, the atmosphere: Bacio is actually rather small, with a minimalist feel, done in all whites and with perfect lighting. Amidst the garish décor of Vegas, it’s an oasis of soothing calm and serenity. There is an “indoor” space, for intimate dining, and an “outside” space, if you’d like to watch the passing parade of people on the mezzanine. (We were there for the Sin City Shootout, with 5,000 athletes in the hotel, so who WOULDN’T want to watch the passing parade??!).

Next, the service: Absolutely spot on. Everyone was friendly and attentive. Service was perfectly paced.

Finally, the food was excellent! We absolutely loved the hearty Ditalini Pasta Bean Soup and, in fact, are busy trying to recreate it at home. The pasta dishes were incredibly tasty too – fresh, light and cooked perfectly a dente. Presentation was simple and elegant and, it is worth mentioning, the price point was very attractive after having been gouged at several of the better known rooms in Vegas.

The Pappardelle Alfredo, by the way, was a standout. We totally appreciated chef’s easy willingness to modify the dish by omitting the artichoke.

We left Bacio feeling happy and content, without that stuffed feeling you often get at Italian restaurants. For elegant Italian fare, we can’t think of a better place in Las Vegas.

1  Thank SFGlen
Nicole-TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Bacio Italian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your review, SFGlen. I am so glad we were able to exceed your expectations with your dining experience! I also hope you had a great time at the SinCity Shootout games! -Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Bacio is a MUST and a great restaurant to experience. I enjoyed everything that Bacio had to offer, from the great service that our server Lloyd and his assistant Derrick attended us with to the great tasting food and the atmosphere of the place. All around, this place exceeded my expectations.

I am glad you had a great dining experience, Mariela, and your expectations were exceeded! I will ensure Lloyd and Derrick are congratulated.