Cortez Room - Gold Coast Hotel & Casino
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Valley View
Transit: Yes, within walking distance
Description: Exuding an atmosphere that is at once classy and casual, the Cortez Room is perfect for a pleasant evening spent enjoying fresh seafood, steak, prime rib, and more. Generous portions of prime rib, steak and seafood make this dining room an exceptional value. An informal, yet warm and comfortable atmosphere contribute to this dining experience.
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

As soon as my family and I walked in we were disappointed. This crummy hotel is located off the strip and looks run down from the outside. The inside reeked of smoke and the carpet in the casino was dirty and stained. Who knows how long it had been since they'd cleaned that place! Our room was small and smelled musty. The beds were uncomfortable, the shower water was never hot (only lukewarm) and the view out the window was terrible. I was looking forward to the pool but unfortunately it was built between two buildings spitting out smoke exhaust. The people at the front desk were fine - not friendly nor rude. Would not return. I have never been happier for my vacation to end and to get out of there!!!

Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Cortez Room - Gold Coast Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. We are disappointed that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. We take great pride in our accommodations and amenities and will forward your remarks to our hotel department for review. Thank you once again.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

What a great find! I've now been here more than 5 times! I've had a variety of meals, but their Queen Cut was amazing! Service is wonderful, food is superb, portion size is large and the atmosphere is tops. The restaurant is tucked in the back of the casino (like a little hidden gem), the lights are dim, the tables are set beautifully and the layout of the seating is great. The price of the food is very reasonable and most times you will end up taking a 'doggie bag' home with you! No shortage of quality food here!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

SOOOOOO GOOD! We had the blooming onion to start. It was amazing. Then I had a chicken entree that was also to die for. Best resturant in the casino by far!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Cortez room has the best deal in Vegas, great prime rib at one of best price in Vegas. Their queen cut for $16 was plenty, mushroom soup was excellent also Orange roughy was very good. Every time my family goes to Vegas, we always eat here.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were staying at the Rio and because of the conference the eating places were packed. We crossed the street to the Gold coast and was pleasantly surprised. The cortez restaurant was outstanding. The food and service was awesome. I had the salmon dish and the other dish was a steak . Black linen table cloths, fine dining was reasonably priced. The mood and atmosphere was warm , good background music and lightning was recessed and nice.
Overall a very nice experience.