“Pleasant Surprise”

SEA - The Thai Experience
Reserve with OpenTable
SEA - The Thai Experience is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #248 of 4,934 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Flamingo
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This restaurant is a real gem in an otherwise lackluster hotel. Not only was the food pretty good, but the decor and lighting were a step up from most of the Thai restaurants we've been to. If you're looking for good Asian fusion food and a respite from the constant assault on your senses that you experience in Vegas, you're sure to appreciate this place.

We were seated in the back next to the reflection pool, which was quiet and romantic. The wooden benches were hard, but not uncomfortable. Our waitress was friendly and chatty and checked on us every once in a while without rushing us. I had the Crazy Pad Thai with duck and liked it, but wasn't "crazy" about the mangoes. My husband went with the Volcanic Chicken, which arrived at our table in ball of flames. It wasn't the best Thai food we've ever eaten, but it did satisfy our cravings.

We thought the prices were fair, given our overall experience. Like with most things in Vegas, though, you don't have to pay full price. If you're staying at Bally's, or a sister property, you'll probably get a coupon for Sea in one of the booklets they give you, or you can buy a discount ticket (30% off I think) through the discount ticket booths like Tix4Tonight.

The next time we're looking for a sanctuary in Vegas, we will return to Sea.

There are newer reviews for SEA - The Thai Experience

Reviewed January 4, 2013

As I was travelling alone, I was a bit apprehensive if I would enjoy the experience, I had an excellent time. I was greeted warmly and I was seated at a table by the reflection pool.... The ambiance was serene and very relaxing. The menu had a choice of Thai cuisine or Vietnamese cuisine.

I opted for the Thai cuisine as I have travelled through out Thailand and I also cook Thai dishes at home. I had delicious the green curry with shrimps + angel hair noodles with vegetables....yummy.... it was as good as any Thai Restaurant in Thailand! Well done Sea Thai Restaurant, Las Vegas! I had chicken tum tum ( I think that was what it was called ) another delicious dish. The portions were too large foe one person, ideal for 2 people to share.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The place is small, away from the noise, quiet, peaceful and delicious. Very good service, the size of the dishes allows you to share some. And the food is different, tasty and beautiful on the dish.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I ate here on 12/26 and overall we were satisfied with our meal, however, there were a few minor things to detract from it getting a better rating. First, the goods...The restaurant is tucked away in a corner of Bally's and is a nice quiet setting to get away from the crowds. Overall the atmosphere inside was tranquil. The prices were very reasonable for a sit-down restaurant in Vegas in relation to the quality of the food and decor...I would not have been surprised if the menu items were 10-20 percent more expensive for Vegas Strip standards. The dessert (halo halo ice cream with sweet rice) was one of the best and most unique desserts my wife and I have ever tried. It was a pleasant and welcomed end to our meal and was well worth the experience in and of itself. The bads/not-so-greats: I found some of the main courses to be bland and not as spicy or unique in flavor as I have had at other Thai restaurants. We tried the lemongrass roasted chicken which was just okay. We also had a curry dish that I found to be okay. Service was pleasant but somewhat slow, not that attentive, and not as well trained as you'd expect. If you are looking for a decent, fairly reasonable in price, sit-down Thai meal (interestingly, not many sit-down Thai places that we could find on the Strip), then this is a good choice...just don't expect the best....but do try the halo halo dessert.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is relaxing. We were seated next to the reflecting pool,a brillant touch in the design of the restaurant. The food was excellent. It was perfectly prepared. I had the young coconut juice served in the shell instead of a cocktail and it was delicious. We started with the springrolls. They were hot,favorful,and served with a sweet, spicy sauce. My husband ordered the duck confit served on noodles with green curry. I ordered the tamerind seafood stir fry. It was sweet and spicy. The food was flavorful, hot and beautifully presented. The service was exceptional.

1  Thank Seegtgo