“Impressed”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Impressed”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We really enjoy the Cosmopolitan Casino, so we decided to spend the morning and afternoon in the Cosmo. We decided we were hungry, and since we hadn't eaten at the Wicked Spoon, off we went to brunch. We only waited 10-12 minutes and we were seated. Great food and we had a good beverage person. There is something for everyone. I like Asian. The sushi and dim sum were very good. I tried a lot of dishes and all were good, sometimes really good. I really liked that they had better control of the serving temperatures. Hot foods hot, cold foods were cool. I do not like hot foods that are served at room temp. Wicked Spoon really did this right. Cost is a little high. $33 a person. We didn't do the unlimited champagne, as we felt that price was too high. But, we would definitely eat here again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Watertown, South Dakota
“So So”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

the restaurant was very modern. There was no line and seating was right away. We were told to wait for our server to get our drink order. This did not happen and we waited for 5-10 minutes. We just decided to go and start on the buffet. Our server finally came over after our first trip to the buffet. She was slow to get our drinks and we had to beg from a refill. The food was hit and miss. Everything was served in little single portions. Seems like some was sitting out long. Best food I found was the cheesy grits with shrimp as the sauce was awesome. Crab legs are precut, cold and briny. A true disappointment. There dim sung area was a joke as they only offered one choice. Desert was ok. Gelato was great. Overall for a $40 per person it was underwhelming. Had better buffets. Need to improve the quality for the price point.

Visited May 2013
Chicago
“Best Buffet in Vegas”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Every time I visit Vegas the Wicked Spoon is a must. I try not to eat the anything before going so i don't spoil my appetite. As you can see from my pictures the lines are ridiculous but it's well worth the wait. I generally go around 11am to avoid the massive crowd. This place has something for everyone and never fails to disappoint.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank ScottyMcFly
Saint George, Utah, United States
“It's one of those things”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Food was good. But quite frankly there's a lot of other buffets in town for a lot less $ and more of our favorite things. Crab was on ice, and there were weird things like roasted bone marrow. It was fun to try new things and I applaud them on small pre-portioned servings, I'm sure they have much less waste than a conventional buffet. The Gelato was amazing! Favorite item was probably the Korean bbq or duck ravioli... but like I said do you want to spend your $ on food or on fun? It was $41pp for dinner and a 20 min. wait to get in after we paid at 8:30pm. Glad we experienced it since I've been wanting to, but now... been there done that.

2 Thank Jamaica H
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not what I remembered”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was my second stay at the Cosmo. On the first visit about 2 years ago I fell in love with Wicked Spoon.

Well I'm sorry to say that the "Old Loving Feeling" has gone.

My husband and I visited for dinner on our first night there mid April and were shocked at the $80 cost. We proceeded hanging on our memories of deliciousness all around. Well there was a BIG let down. The food selections were mediocre, flavorless, and luke warm if that. Selections that we tried: Shrimp and Grits, Asian ribs, Roasted chicken, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, snow crab claws, shrimp cocktail, a variety of salads, and broccoli stir-fry. The only positive part of this experience was the deserts. The blood orange gelato was to die for!

We gave up on Wicked Spoon after that night and don't know if I will ever return. I really feel like they owe us some change off of the $80 that we spent because this was not an $80 meal.

1 Thank CreolePeach