“Mandarin Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mandarin Bar

Mandarin Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Mandarin Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 4,793 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Bar, Asian
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Harmon
Description: Our 23rd floor Mandarin Bar offer a chic and romantic setting and glittering views of the Las Vegas skyline. With spectacular views high-above the Las Vegas Strip, the Mandarin Bar is an elegant hot-spot for a night on the town. The interior offers a contrasting dark intimate mood with billowing fabric panels shimmering in the light. Discreet seating arrangements give guests privacy and comfort. Our mixologists create cocktails according to the flavor and sensation you are looking for. A VIP section with a sliding partition and separate service is available by reservation.
Johnston, Iowa, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mandarin Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went to the Mandarin Bar on a Friday evening. Wonderful place with outstanding service. The drinks were excellent, and I highly recommend the Firewater cocktail.

1 Thank Dan K

Grand Rapids, MI
“Great view doesn't make up for terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

The decor, feel and view are worth the trip up to the 23rd floor of the hotel. While you are there, don't bother with ordering anything. The drinks were ok, but I have never had such terrible service when I had such high expectations. With the reputation if the hotel brand, I was expecting much more.

2 Thank r2cook
Naples, Florida
“GREAT JAZZ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Wonderful bar with a spectacular view of the Las Vegas Strip. This is our second time and they never disappoint. We enjoy jazz music and they have a live Jazz Band every Sunday. The band was great as usual. I had their signature martini (The Golden Leaf) and this was very refreshing. Service was good and we ordered a number of their appetizers which were good. A great upscale relaxing bar.

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Better than any restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

While at a conference nearby, my friends and I arrived at about 6 on a Friday evening and the bar was filling up - so we sat at a window adjacent table in the room oustide te bar (same drinks, same menu, same wait-staff).Drinks included sparling water, a potato-based vodka in a martini. (dont remember which one), pinot, and champagne, Service was excellent all evening (although our waitress disappeared about the time we got the check. We shared all the outstanding appetizers on the menu which made more than a meal.Drinks and food and tip came to 50 and change each, but the view, ambience, quiet atmosphere and generally upscale clientele (elegant more than showy) make this place the best value in town. The food is very good but not memorable - but that is not why you go. No casino in the hotel and non-smoking to boot!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Andrew W
New Brunswick, Canada
“Just So-So”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I booked a table for the Mandarin Bar on a Tuesday evening for their new Shanghai Nights. I had heard this is a beautiful bar inside a beautiful hotel with a fantastic view. We were seeing a show close by and thought it would be a good place to have a drink beforehand.

We arrived on time and they had our table ready by the window overlooking the strip looking down towards NYNY and MGM. The view was nice but I had been hoping to have the other side of the strip for a view but not a big deal as I did not put that in my reservation so there is no way for them to have known that. The chairs were comfy and the bar was quite nice and classy. Because it was their Shanghai Nights there was a jazz type band playing. They were good and were playing some fun songs remixed into a jazzy way.

I had looked at their drink menu online and was very much looking forward to trying a drink on there called a "snow cap". When our waitress gave us our menu the snow cap was not on it. So I inquired. The waitress said that it was an old menu online and they didn't have the snow cap anymore. Now I kind of thought she should have offered to get the bartender to make one up anyway, or something similar, as it was quite obvious I was disappointed, and well with drinks being $16 and up for a martini I'm sure the bartender could have whipped something up that was similar as the ingredients were posted on their menu on their website. But the waitress did not offer so I ordered a chocolate martini instead.

Our drinks were good and we enjoyed them while looking at the view. The one problem with the view is that the lighting from the kitchen area reflects off the windows so taking good photos from the table of the view was quite difficult. Of course this is not a big deal but as an avid photographer the main reason I wanted to have a drink here was to relax with a great drink and to see the view and to try and capture a couple decent photos so I mention this in case anyone reading this is also wanting to go to Mandarin Bar with hopes of taking some great photographs. With a little editing and cropping I got one photo that I thought was okay (which I will post with this review), the rest had too much reflection when trying to photograph the strip and its lights.

Our waitress came back in the very beginning to see how our drinks were. But then she basically disappeared never to be seen again. We waited and waited and waited. I put my visa on the table indicating we were ready to pay. Still nothing. Finally I flagged down another waitress who was working a different area of the bar and happened to walk past us and she was awesome. She immediately got our bill and we paid her instead of our own waitress. Then we left, pausing outside of the bar in the lobby area to see the view up the other direction of the strip (the lobby area is quite nice).

Overall I'm not sure what to say. It was just so-so. I had expected better service as everyone says the Mandarin Oriental is the best. The drinks were tasty but they couldn't make the drink I truly wanted which was on their website, the view was nice but hard to photograph, our waitress wasn't that great, but the other waitress good. So I'll just give it an average rating but I don't think we will go back. We had been to Mix Lounge the prior evening (which also has a great view) and found that to be a far superior experience when compared to Mandarin Bar.

4 Thank graywolfpack

Been to Mandarin Bar? Share your experiences!