“A Pricey Wine Bar”

La Cave
Ranked #72 of 5,057 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At La Cave Wine & Food Hideaway you'll savor Chef Billy DeMarco's menu of small-plate items from the sea, farm, oven, garden, grill and butcher, paired with artisanal draught beers and an impressive wine list. La Cave offers three distinct environments-the cellar, the front bar area illuminated from above by a sign proclaiming In Vino Veritas, the rustic yet refined dining room, and a patio that looks out over the elegantly-landscaped Wynn resort pool and gardens.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

La Cave is a wine bar offering small bites of gourmet food in the Wynn Hotel. As expected the wine and food were good but they were also very pricey. We needed a restaurant that was open early so that we could make a show on time. La Cave fit the bill.
Food is presented as it is ready and is intended to be shared. My husband and I shared a Caesar's salad with prosciutto and lemon anchovy dressing, beef filet with blue cheese, pork tenderloin (I believe) and creme brulee with basil and mint. The portions were very small but tasty. The beef and pork were excellent, the salad was okay but I was not fond of the dressing and the creme brulee with basil was different! Also okay.
For my personal taste, small bites are not as satisfying as a regular meal though no doubt we consumed an adequate amount of food. People who despair larger portions most likely would love it.
The setting was small and intimate and the staff very cordial.

1  Thank NVBetsy

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Tapas style plates. My husband and I ordered 4 different dishes and it was a perfect amount of food for us. The flavours of each were really delicious. I can't remember the last time I enjoy everything equally at a outside meal before! We had the mixed green salad, marinated shrimp with tomato and oil, sliced sirloin steak with mushroom fondue and cippolini onions, plus the roasted salmon with pea shoots and red wine reduction. The service was good. I am tempted to go back for a second night but we want to try something else.

1  Thank riki-kola
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Small plate tapas style offerings and a very pleasant staff and atmosphere make this a great choice for a leisurely lunch. I sat on the covered patio at a low table but was very comfortable and the staff were extremely pleasant. They offer wine flights by region and have an extensive wines by the glass selection.
For the food I had a very nicely done caesar salad, some hamachi cubes and cavatelli with veal cheeks. All of these were delicious and there were many other items on the menu that I would have loved to had tried. Desert was chocolate risotto - pretty rich but tasty.
Overall I enjoyed this enough that even with all the choices in Vegas I would definitely go back for lunch again.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went there for my birthday dinner and loved it. We sat outside on the patio with a view of the (closed) pool. It was great atmosphere. No smoke, fresh cool air, heat lamps. Good service, good food, modern feel. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Excellent food, good wine, nice atmosphere, prices were good, we went a couple of times during our visit to the Wynn