“Great pizzeria!!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mario
“Great pizzeria!!!!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I know that Mario Batali is a great chef but I didn't expect to eat such a great pizza at this very casual restaurant. Margherita pizza is the best! Dessert was a nice surprise as well. Ordered the Dark chocolate and loved it!! And not to mention the location inside Venetian at St. Marks Square was a extra treat.

• Visited May 2013

“Good Italian Comfort Food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This was our 5th visit to Otto and we weren't disappointed. We had a garden salad, spaghetti & pizza and a wonderful bottle of wine. The ambiance and service was great! We finished our dining experience with coffee and biscotti. The food tasted great with clean fresh flavors and the crispy thin crust of the pizza was delightful! A home run again!

Visited May 2013
Idaho
“Great Pizza!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We wanted something a bit light and did this place ever cover that for us. We had a terrific pizza, and with a bit of talking to the waiter about our taste in wine he brought out his best guess and it was Wonderful.

• Visited May 2013
“Run a mile from this place”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This place was so bad it was almost funny. We did not book a table so just walked in off the square so to speak. A Chinese looking male showed us to the table, he was a pleasant person and friendly. After that it went down hill, whatever we ordered he seemed intent on putting us off each item. He told us the meatballs I ordered were very spicy and the spaghetti was al dente, it was as if he was telling me I wouldn't like it. My wife ordered veal meatballs, he stressed this did not come with spaghetti, well there was no mention of the dish having spaghetti included so whether he thought she could not read or not was unclear. We ordered a bottle of sparkling wine and the wine waiter ( a chubby Indian looking young girl ) poured the drink into a wine goblet that we could almost fit our heads in. When I asked for two champagne flutes she just kept pouring and said "we serve all our wines in the same glasses", when I expressed my dissatisfaction she just said " would you like to see the manager!"
We were then served dry sliced bread, we waited for the oil and vinegar to arrive but it didn't show up. The main course was served by a South American looking male who placed the dishes in front of us, he then asked if we wanted anything else and I asked for Parmesan cheese and was told the dish did not need it and that there was Parmesan cheese incorporated in the meatball. I asked politely again for Parmesan cheese but was spoken to like a child and told "take a couple of mouthfuls and if I still wanted cheese I could have some, he then turned and walked away, I didn't know whether to laugh or go get the Parmesan cheese myself. He returned a couple of minutes later and I must confess I told him where he could shove it. I added we just wanted to eat the meals as quick and possible then get the hell out of the place. Having worked as a chef in an Italian restaurant many years ago I was able to eat spaghetti with just a fork which was very fortunate as all I was given to eat spaghetti and meatballs was a knife and fork. By now our sparkling wine was becoming flat and warm due to the huge glasses and lack off ice bucket. We decided we were having such a great time in Vegas we would laugh this whole incident off however hard they tried to spoil our evening. We poured our own wine out, we then got the bill and paid, there was no way we were leaving a tip but I wouldn't insult them by leaving the $1.87 change. Anyway we waited ten minutes for the change however we got another bill, I told the waiter we had already paid, he did apologise then brought our change but said he thought that was for him! We couldn't get out of the place quick enough. Overall it was an appalling experience and one place in fact it is the only place I would recommend people stay clear of!!!

• Visited April 2013
St. Albert, Canada
“A taste of Italy close to home”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just booked another trip to Vegas, and as soon as I had confirmed my flight, I made a reservation at Otto's. How could I miss another chance to sit on the "Venetian" terrace and savour flavours I haven't experienced since my last trip to Italy, 30 years ago! Their pizzas are simple and delicious, just like in Italia, the wines are top notch, and the service has always been great. Simply my favorite place to eat in a town with more than their fair share of great chefs.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Otto? Share your experiences!