“Good food and service, but poor location”

Mastro's Ocean Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Ocean Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 5,057 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: Recognized for award-winning Steakhouses and Ocean Club Seafood locations in Southern California and Arizona, Mastro's Restaurants makes its Las Vegas debut with the opening of Mastro’s Ocean Club in Crystals at CityCenter. A combination of world-class service, live entertainment and cuisine such as the illustrious three-tiered iced Seafood Tower, bone-in filet, lobster mashed potatoes and a one-of-kind warm butter cake, is served in an elegant and energetic atmosphere. Guests enter the restaurant through an elegant portal of wood-lined lowered ceilings and meandering walls, and are presented with a myriad of dining options. The expansive interior of an 80-foot-tall sculptural Tree House encompasses Mastro’s main dining room. On the dining terrace, Mastro’s offers views of the angular shapes, towering ceilings and unique artistic elements of Crystals.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

First thing, don't fill up on the bread-although it's good, especially the pretzel bread. Had a reservation for Saturday night, went to the bar first, drinks were made well with high quality alcohol, but not cheap (it's Vegas after all). Seated just outside the "cage" which was ok, but it did seem a little loud and the overall ambience was strange, a very nice restaurant inside a mall. I had the off menu salmon, which was good, my wife had the scallops which were a bit over cooked. We had the garlic mash side, which was enough to feed four people (and it should be for $11). I mentioned on my reservation that it was our anniversary and they surprised us with a big chunk of chocolate cake and a huge helping of whipped cream on the house-very nice touch just wish we weren't already so full from all the pre dinner bread! I would try one of the other Mastro's location, but probably not go back to this one. Note, we used the valet parking at the mall which was convenient fur the restaurant.

2  Thank ColoradoWeatherMan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,232)

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We eat out a lot for business, and this was by far in our top 3 restaurants to fine at. The service was impeccable. The portions are large do bring your appetite. Enough to share. The 18 ounce filet just melted in your mouth. Great job!

1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Delicious food - tuna was perfect, garlic shrimp done to perfection - fantastic waitress (Mika) and full attention from all staff - perfect pick me up in Vegas !

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our meal at Mastro's exceeded all expectations. We had a party of 11 and the service was extraordinary. Our waiter Lionel, and his staff, were friendly, prompt, and courteous. For a few of our guests, this was a once in a lifetime experience. Most important to me, the waiter made my guests feel VERY comfortable, and did not make them feel awkward when asking general questions about various terms describing dishes and wines. Sometimes when you visit an upscale restaurant, the wait staff can make some guests feel out of place when asking basic questions about the terms used to describe the food/preparation or the wines, etc....not here. Lionel (our waiter) offered suggestions and described the dishes simply and succinctly, making it a wonderful experience for all. THIS was VERY important to me and MUCH appreciated. The staff's cordial nature made a wonderful impression on our entire group - so much so, that as we left, I heard as many comments on our service as we did our outstanding food. And speaking of food, it was fantastic. Generous servings, wonderfully prepared, and presented marvelously. If you take only one thing from my comments, take this - Get the Butter Pound Cake for desert. Incredible. Finally, I appreciated the follow-up phone call from the restaurant the morning after....a nice touch to finish off an outstanding experience.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great food and service! My husband and I both got seafood- I had the swordfish (YUM!) and we shared a side of gorgonzola mac and cheese. The portions are huge! Neither of us finished our entrees, but we couldn't resist the butter cake. This cake is soooo good! We thought about returning the next night- and only getting the cake!

1  Thank CJSturtevant

Been to Mastro's Ocean Club? Share your experiences!