“Unforgettable experience”

$198.99*
Los Angeles and Hollywood Small-Group Day Trip from Las Vegas
Ranked #19 of 240 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in small group tours 14 people or less in a Mercedes Sprinter. We go to both the West Rim (Glass Skywalk)and South Rim (Grand Canyon National Park) of the Grand Canyon and give you your own time there. Having done this business for awhile, some do not want the traditional "hold your hand tour" and wish to do as they please. The ride there and back is comfortable in leather reclining seats, USB charging ports and outlets in every row. Avoid the crowded buses, ride in luxury.
Reviewed March 7, 2011

While on a recent trip to las vegas my sister and I were torn between grand canyon and red rock canyon but decided on red rock because it was one 20-30mins from the strip and would leave us much of the day open to do other things. We ended up booking last minute after reading the MANY positive reviews on tripadvisor. The reservation was done seamlessly through email and text. He also sent a confirmation the morning of.

We met Tom, our tour guide, at Paris hotel at the arranged time. We were VERY fortunate that no one else had booked a tour then so we ended up getting a personal tour! As we headed to the canyon Tom went over the history of the canyon and also asked us about our goals and preferences so he could tailor the tour for us.

He decided to take us to offbeat trail with a waterfall/creek and an mini-oasis in the middle of the base of the canyon. Every couple of steps Tom made sure to point out little things and let us know if he spotted any wildlife. Even though my sister and I are pretty fit, we worked up a good sweat walking along a long trail but the views were breathtaking and well worth it.

Through the whole trip Tom was very professional, courteous, and obviously loved what he does. I would definitely recommend anyone who goes to las vegas as an oasis from the craziness of the city! The cost is also to DIE FOR. Flat fee, no surprises, personal service..... I can't ask for more! Worth way more than I paid! Thanks Tom for the wonderful experience!

tomguide, Owner at Grand Canyon by One Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2011

Thank you and you are very welcome. Red Rock Canyon is an excellent place to visit if your time is limited. As many trip advisor members are writing, Grand Canyon requires more than a day, to really enjoy it.

Reviewed March 1, 2011

My husband and I toured the Red Rock Canyon with Tom on February 27th. What an outstanding experience! Tom provided us with information about the canyon formations, the Indians who lived in the area, and the types of vegetation and wildlife in the different sections of the canyon. Hiking experiences of the afternoon included climbing the red rocks and also following a rock trail to a waterfall. During the tour Tom asked the group (6 total on this tour) what we wanted to see/focus on - a nice touch that made for a more personalized tour. He also provided suggestions for alternative trails and walking experiences for those of us that were not comfortable scaling up the rocks too far. The van was clean and comfortable.
If you would like to see some of the natural beauty of the Las Vegas area, book this tour. The tour is very reasonably priced and Tom is an excellent tour guide. This was our favorite experience of this trip to Las Vegas - we will do this again!

Thank you and you are always welcome. If you do our tour again, please make sure, you mention your previous visit, so we can chose different trail. Tom.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

I REALLY wanted to visit Red Rock Canyon while my husband and I were in Vegas the week of Valentine's day so we researched some of the local tour companies. We almost decided to rent a car and go out to the canyon on our own, but I'm so glad my husband found this tour company at the last minute! The van was clean and comfortable, they included bottled water, the tour guide was incredible and very knowledgeable, and the company seems to be run by very honest people.
The person who answered the phone suggested we book the 1:30 tour because it was supposed to be a bit chilly and windy that day and she figured the later tour would be most comfortable. Much to our suprise, we were the only ones who booked that tour so we ended up with a private tour. I have to say- that speaks a lot about the company (to me at least). I'm sure they could have easily asked us to book an earlier tour or cancelled us so they didn't have to drive out there for just two people.
Because we were the only ones, our guide, Tom (who was SO AWESOME!), got a chance to "test" us to see how capable we were of scrambling. Since we're both pretty physically fit, he took us pretty high on the rocks in the sandstone quarry area and showed us some really cool spots, including a beautiful crevace. He also took tons of pictures of us and knew all the good spots to get some really cute shots. Prior to arriving in the park, he asked us if we wanted to spend more time in one area or split up our time into two different areas (we wanted to go to two spots). He told us that they customize the tours for each group based on ability, preference, season, and weather. And Tom seems to really enjoy his job and being out in the canyon... at one point we all stopped and just took in our surroundings for a few minutes in silence, and we also spotted a gorgeous humming bird and he took out his phone to snap some pictures. He also had a keen eye for wildlife and gave us lots of information on much of the plantlife and animals in the canyon. We never felt rushed or like we were bothering or inconveniencing him in any way or at any time.
So overall, this was probably the best experience we could have had on a tour in the canyon. The price was less than most of the other tours and I wouldn't have changed a single thing about the tour! Definitely chose them :)

Thank you very much for sharing you opinions with other travelers. That really helps us to service our guests. Tom.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

I was going to be in Vegas on a solo trip and was looking for something fun to do. I contacted Tom by email prior to my trip to see if there were any spots open. They need at least two people to go on the tour, and there was no space for me yet, so Tom took my cell number and texted me when there was a booking that I could join up with. It worked out great as there was one couple that was booked - so it was a good fit for me to join this tour. All of us were close in age and ability, so we were able to climb on the rocks and modify the excursion to suit our wants and abilities.
This was a great break from the city, and for the price it is worth it. You'd easily spend this much money in less time if you were sitting in a casino, and just to get out of the concrete jungle for an afternoon is a great break.

Solo travelers are always welcome. Thank you for your review. Tom.

Reviewed February 18, 2011

This area is quite beautiful and Tom was a wonderful guide! Would highly recommend this tour company and this attraction.

Thank you for recommending Red Rock to our Las Vegas visitors. Tom.