“Take a Break from the Strip!”

Grand Canyon by One Day Tours
$248.99*
Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend Day Trip from Las Vegas
Ranked #19 of 244 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in small group tours 14 people or less in a Mercedes Sprinter. We go to both the West Rim (Glass Skywalk)and South Rim (Grand Canyon National Park) of the Grand Canyon and give you your own time there. Having done this business for awhile, some do not want the traditional "hold your hand tour" and wish to do as they please. The ride there and back is comfortable in leather reclining seats, USB charging ports and outlets in every row. Avoid the crowded buses, ride in luxury.
Reviewed July 26, 2014

A group of 5 of us who went to Vegas together wanted an alternative to the longer Grand Canyon trip, and we could not have been more pleased with this tour. Tom was prompt, courteous, patient and knowledgeable. The date we wanted was not available on the website, so I sent a chance e-mail hoping to get a response. Tom immediately replied and added the date to his site so that we could book quickly and conveniently.He took us on a wonderful hike and had a wealth of information to share. It was a great break from the hectic strip. Don't be deterred by the time of year-- it gets wonderfully more cool as you ascend; our tour was in the afternoon and the heat was tolerable. I highly recommend this tour, and thank Tom for making my birthday even more memorable!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I love Vegas. I love the excitement, the restaurants, walking up and down the strip and hitting the casinos. However, take some time and take this tour! Our tour guide was awesome, the sights were amazing and we had a blast. Its a great day activity and a perfect chance to get a taste of nature just a short distance from the electric spectacle that is Las Vegas. The hike was not challenging, but we were given time to do individual / small group exploration if you want to find some more difficult terrain and rocks to climb. It was so peaceful and beautiful out there. Seeing the ancient hand print art on the rock walls was very interesting. My wife and I enjoyed every element of this tour and would do it again. Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Before traveling to Las Vegas I knew I wanted to visit the Red Rock Canyon, but had not looked up any tour information. Once arriving I looked up the website and decided to text the number provided on the site, this was on Friday. I asked what the tour availability was for that Sunday and received a response almost immediately. I was able to reserve a spot for one of the last two spots and just had to send my e-mail address for Tom to send me a link to pay through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to reserve your spot either. After payment I asked for a confirmation that it went through and got an immediate response with the place to meet to get picked up for the tour.
I was told a meet up time of 1:15 at the North Entrance of the Paris Casino & Hotel. I arrived early, as I didn't want to be late. The van arrived on time and we were able to depart a little early because everyone who signed up was there. When Tom arrived we all had to sign waivers, which is expected for any physical activity, and fill out our contact and emergency and room information.
The drive was enjoyable and and not too long. It took about 20-30 minutes to get to the scenic drive. As we drove, Tom provided information about the history of the canyon, vegetation, wildlife, and the different environments throughout the mountains. We passed by two scenic lookouts, but once we got to the third one we stopped and saw our hiking destination! The scenery was AMAZING! Great views in all directions. Before we started hiking Tom provided us with some water, a couple extra backpacks, hiking poles, and some sunscreen! So, if you happen to forget any of your essentials then he has some to spare.
The hike itself was not overly challenging. We were informed that the top of the big boulder seen from the viewing area would be our destination. It is great for beginners and fun for those who have hiked many times before. There was some climbing and some steep areas (which show you just how out of shape you really are) to get by, but nothing your average couch potato couldn't do :) Once reaching the top of the boulder you get spectacular views of the surrounding mountains! No words can describe just how beautiful and serene it was! Along the way to the top we stopped a few times to view the changing scenery and get some information on the vegetation we passed by. Tom was really great about taking everyone's pictures, so whether you are planning a solo trip or with a group he will gladly snap some photos of you! From the time we left the van to the time we got back, it was about an hour and half to two hours. It seems like a long time, but once you get to the top you won't want to come down!
Overall, this is a great way to get away from the craziness that is Las Vegas and just take in the beauty of nature. It gets you active and you can tell your friends of the great accomplishment you made by rock climbing! Definitely worth the money and time! I highly recommend this tour!!

2  Thank Amber S
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was just got bored one morning. So, my boyfriend and I decided to try this.
I texted the company if we can book the tour on same day, and the guide texted me back in one minute.
If you have any inquires, email or text him. The guide will respond you quickly.

The tour was perfect. The guide gave us (we were very unprepared...) three bottles of water.
He kindly explained some of plants and helped me whenever I felt tired.
It was my first hiking, so it was little challenging.
The scenery was beautiful and breathtaking.

1  Thank Ellee S
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

The tour was amazing. Our guide was knowledgeable and gave all kinds of historical and wildlife information. The hike was great showing us all kinds nooks in the canyon including waterfalls and small springs. We saw several breath taking views and had plenty of photo opportunities. The tour was well worth it.

3  Thank Felicha L