“School Cafeteria & Hospital Food is better than this buffet!”
Review of Bistro Buffet - CLOSED

Bistro Buffet
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Paradise
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Do NOT believe any of the positive reviews of The Palms Bistro Buffet. Do believe all the awful reviews. I agree with every negative review as they were all truthful. I cannot describe fully how disgusting, gross, and stomach-turning this buffet looked, smelled & probably tasted like. I was so appalled that by the time I put my plate on our table and received the "free wine," I pushed it all to the side and said to my husband, "let's get out of here." The meat at the carving stations looked like dead carcass. Not sure what animal they were serving. The worst part was it was Thanksgiving and I thought we'd have an enjoyable, traditional dinner despite being far from home. There was so many Oriental/Mongolian trays that stunk in addition to being laden with sauces. That is always a scary feature not knowing what's buried beneath! People were cutting on line to pile up their plates and I witnessed children not being monitored by parents shoveling food on their plates then deciding they didn't want their choices and spooning food back into the trays. I also witnessed a customer "choking" and no one from The Bistro assisted him. Another customer came to his rescue by performing the Heimlich maneuver. Just a horrible experience. We summoned the waitress for our check and after seeing my full plate and glass of wine untouched, she never asked if everything was ok. When my husband asked what kinds of beers they served, she retorted, "just Busch beers, it's free!". Yes, but free equals gross. This is our 3rd trip to Las Vegas. We learned never to have dinners at the over-priced famous chef restaurants; although I love you Food Network - now we have learned to not fall prey to a voucher for a cheap buffet on the off-the-beaten path of the boulevard. I am a huge hotel and food critic. We stay at The Bellagio and have raved over their breakfast buffet. We've enjoyed dinners at The Cheesecake Factory at Caesar's Palace, Jimmy Buffet's, Magianno's down at Fashion Mall and The Outback across from The Monte Carlo Hotel. I wish I had taken photos of just how horrible this was but I wouldn't want barf-like photos included in my IPhone. Don't eat here. Nothing is worth a cheap pig's trough!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Reasonably well priced, the breakfast had some unusual (and strange for breakfast) items. Egg foo yong, taco meat and ice cream sundae toppings next to the oatmeal and grits. For breakfast is was OK, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to return.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Located off Strip, on Flamingo, the majority of folks here are locals.

Not much of a wait, and if you have a Player's Card(free), you get a discount. The dining room is very basic and really quite small. We sat at a table that was also on a bench wall. That bench was quite stained and the back wall on it was ripped, in many places...all the way down the area.

Our server was pleasant and tried to offer as much as she could. Wipes, napkins and of course, complimentary house wine(red/white with no choice) or beer. The wine was low end but it really WAS the highlight of this buffet.

None of the food was hot, when it should be...just very light lukewarm. Gross. The crab legs had a fish smell, even before you placed them on your plate. A bad sign. Had a small crack but not sliced. A lot of work involved to yield VERY little fishy, tasting crab. Had 3 legs and left...

The prime rib was fatty and had a lot of grain to it. Certainly, not Lawry's. There was a lot of choices, but it was very saucy and fatty and heavy food. And again, NOT hot.

But, really, the grossest part of this very cold and bad buffet, were the people who were "dining" here. They were gross. And, taking as much food as they could...you know folks, you can go back for more. And, SAVE some for the other diners. Like their very last meal.

The wine was the best part...but even if they gave me a liter...NEVER again. All bad. Stay away.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We went to the Bistro Buffet on Thanksgiving for their special holiday dinner buffet. What an awful dining experience! The food was disgusting! The dining area was disgusting! The hotel is disgusting! First time we've been led astray by trip advisor. Don't believe those positive reviews, this place stinks! We left and went to the Cheesecake Factory for an edible meal. All the beer and wine you care to drink at the Bistro, Bush beer and Rotgut wine, we cared to drink none of it! Save your money and your time, avoid the Bistro!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We eat every day in an other buffet for lunch, one week and Bistro at Palms, was the best.
Excellent food for the price, less then 15$ , the lunch.Big variety, everything was fresh and very good quality.Also very clean and good service.
The line was a little longer then expected, but it desired.
Very close to the strip and very good ambiance.