“Great Buffet off Strip”

Neighborhood: Paradise
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Buffet off Strip”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went for Saturday Seafood night and it was great! The crab legs were great quality, there was a variety of other seafood entrees and lots of non-seafood choices, too. I particularly enjoyed the Thai dishes and desserts. As an added bonus, the dinner buffet includes beer and wine. Make sure you get a players card beforehand (sign-up is free) and show it to save $7! The only downside was the line, but that is a given with Vegas buffets. Grab a drink before getting in line and enjoy the people watching!

• Visited January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
“I am amazed at the reviewers that were able to finish the meal!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

RUN; RUN FAST!! NO, you fool, run AWAY!!

This was without a doubt the absolute low point of our trip to Vegas. The Palms should be fined for wasting all of the raw materials they do - I have never ever come across a restaurant with the ability to ruin food so uniformly! I tried most of what was available (last night), and was disgusted with most.. the overdone tri-tip was edible, but tasteless. The prime rib followed in the same vein. the crab legs... tasteless. The shrimp tasteless. Even the deserts were abysmal! Get this; do you think it is possible to ruin soft-serve ice cream? They can do it at the Palms. It is brown, it is cold, but it tastes like.... nothing! Even the "Butterfingers" sprinkles on top were tasteless, coming across like ground plastic.

But, hey! This HAS to be a deal - they have "bottomless" beer and wine, right? WRONG! I have no idea what the brand of wine was that they were serving, and I would challenge anyone to identify even the varietal used for either white or red. My guess is that some winery went out of business for trying to sell that swill, and it was available at fire-sale prices, so the Palms bought it all up.

Last, lets hit up the service. I would NOT blame the servers themselves, but you see all those tables in the pictures? The Bistro puts out three servers to cover all those... Yep, three servers. Do not count on any glass you empty to be filled with anything approaching speed. But it didn't really matter - I was unable to drink anything they put in front of me except the water.

The pain, unfortunately, doesn't stop when you leave. The wife and I were so nauseated by the toxic pabulum served here that we were unable to do anything but return to our hotel and wish we had never laid eyes on this place for many hours.

Vegas has some truly memorable buffet's, ranging from the Wynn (stunningly good) to the Silverton (not bad... not incredible, but certainly edible), to the Bistro at the Palms, the nadir of food and drink I have ever paid for.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Cpt_Midnight
Green Bay
“Free beer!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Free beer and wine for lunch and dinner, with a players card the buffets run from $7-15, can't beat that! Food is average, not bad, but not fantastic

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Chris T
“Best buffet food I've ever had!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I got a travelzoo deal for dinner for two and let me just say I am VERY happy I did! Seafood buffet with unlimited beer and wine? Dont get me wrong I was a little worried that the quality wasn't the best, but let me just say it is the best buffet I've ever had in las Vegas! The highlight of my whole trip was the crab legs! They were huge and so so so FRESH! The claws were just out of this world amazing. I ate 3 plates. :)

Crab cakes- super good!! Weren't overly crabby which I actually kinda like.
Soy salmon- divine! Soy ginger marinade was very very good!

I really mostly just ate crab but everything my boyfriend had he was raving about too! Key lime pie dessert was yummmm! The service was good for a buffet she was very on top of keeping drinks full and she was very friendly. I am super bummed I filled up on crab didn't get to try the Mongolian food! Curry was good, chow mein and all Asian dishes I did try were full of flavor!

I WILL DEFINITELY RETURN!! I just wish I could snag that travelzoo deal Everytime! Best buffet I've tried, been to quite a few!

2 Thank LApanda
San Antonio
“OK but....”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Food was ok and service was decent. However, no english breakfast tea (only a problem for us tea drinkers) and they open at 8 am. What? a 24 hour casino and conference center...meetings start at 8 or 8:30 and the buffet is only for folks on vacation. Instead, go with the Coffee Bean for a quick something or Simon's in Palms Place Tower.

Visited January 2013

Been to Bistro Buffet? Share your experiences!