“Disappointed”
Review of Parma by Chef Marc - CLOSED

Parma by Chef Marc
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Homemade authentic Italian dishes. Deli as part of the restaurant with many kinds of cheeses and meats. Excellent wine list.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My friend and I went Saturday 7/28 and staff were fairly friendly. Took our seats and ordered a couple Italian Soda's although the server kept having to go back and check if they had the soda's they told us were available. I ordered the chicken marsala and my friend the veal milanese. The complimentary bread came out and it was cold and hard and cheese on top had all fallen off to the bottom of the basket. Our food came out and both of them were cold and my marsala really didn't taste of marsala nor did it have any sauce on it. The steamed veggies were over steamed and fell apart when touched by my fork. My chicken was pounded flat and was cold and stringy and almost over cooked.

My friends veal was also cold and the pasta served with it as well was also cold. It was fried and the breading was also falling off and was almost overcooked as well.

We are not big complainers and are very embarrassed sending things back, we just never go back and it's a great shame especially with how many real Italians we work with always looking for places to eat that reminds them of home.

Don't know if it was just an off night or what, but we were pretty disappointed especially after I spent $60+ tip for cold bread, two cold entree's and two cold Italian Soda's.

2  Thank YourHeartDoc

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is REAL Italian. How many places serve "Sunday Gravy"? Home made pasta, sausages, and of course the gravy (sauce). Marc is usually there and greeting the patrons. Don't see it on the menu? They will probably make you something you like. My favorite is the ziti, hot peppers, chicken, and home made mozzarella. He also has two pizzerias that serve the best pizza you have ever had. The food is so good we had our wedding there. And everyone, including my family from NY couldn't stop praising his food.

1  Thank Steven E
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Visited this restaurant as part of a group of 9 based on a recommendation from a friend. It was about a 20 minute drive from our hotel on the strip (Monte Carlo).

Chef Marc came to our table and explained the dishes, cooking styles, specials, wine pairings, etc. That was a nice intro to our dinner.

The Food was fantastic! Everyone enjoyed their dishes. A friend mentioned it was the best pork chop he has ever had. I tried escargot for the first time - the garlic sauce it came with was amazing. Nice wine selection.

And overall for the quality of food it was very reasonably priced.

I would like to visit for lunch one of these days. The display fridge was loaded with Boar's Head cold cuts and their sandwiches looked great.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Having had a really nice Eggplant for lunch a while back we went there for dinner. Service and food were just so, so. One dish had very little sauce, the next was swimming in it, and the third entree was a very small portion. One pasta was perfect, the next too thick. Do I sound like Goldilocks? In short, nothing was just right. The over-priced bottle of wine we ordered wasn't available so we did wine by the glass. Perhaps it was just an off night, but I won't be going back.

1  Thank Sharit1000
Reviewed February 9, 2014

fresh, homemade pastas, wonderful bolognese and eggplant parm. We have been eating here for years. The chicken marsala is outstanding. The tiramisu is the best.