“Very good steak”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Tropicana
Description: Las Vegas Restaurant with a South Beach FlairBiscayne reinterprets the classic Las Vegas Steakhouse with an innovative island flair. At Biscayne, you'll find premium cuts of steak and Safe Harbor certified fresh fish, prepared and presented with a fresh, new twist. Our menu incorporates island ingredients that bring a taste of the tropics to beloved specialties from the land and sea.Join us at this unique Las Vegas Restaurant and discover a premier destination for people watching just steps from the Las Vegas Strip. Make a Reservation Today!For a limited time only, enjoy a 4-Course Tasting Menu & Wine Pairing for just $39.99 per person with your Trop Plus Players Club Membership!
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had steaks here and they were very nice, perfectly cooked and very tasty. Fillet steak at $49 plus sides at $10 each as it comes with just the Steak and drinks are around $12-15 for cocktails or wine but tasty cocktail but very small.

The sides with the steak are very good and the staff are very nice but its a shame the gratuity is automatically added on around 25%

if you are going to eat here please visit the half price show ticket places as they do a 50% off main courses for this place which makes it good value for great food

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Went with a another couple while staying at tropicana. Everything was excellent. Our server Roland was extremely attentive as was his helper Moe. I ordered the filet it was cooked perfectly medium rare. And we ordered the lamb tacos to start. They were amazing. Great suggestion by Roland when asked for an affordable bottle of red wine to suggest the melbec. Would definately recommend to anyone!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I dined by myself and ordered the following:

Sushi Appetizer
Ahi Tuna Steak
Lobster Mac and Cheese
Creme Brulee

Each dish was prepared perfectly. The sushi was fresh, clean, and delightful.

The ahi tuna steak was perfectly prepared to my request, and the side of mac and cheese was fantastic (though I had to dig for the lobster)--- and large to share.

The creme brulee was prepared very well, and tasted fantastic.

I would highly recommend this place for the seafood, and would return again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

When a restaurant touts itself as TripAdvsior's No. 1 rated steakhouse on the Strip, I guess my expectations are high, considering Smith & Wollensky not far off and several steakhouses opened by famous chefs elsewhere on the Strip. While our food was very good, when put in the same class as top-quality steakhouses, there was really nothing at all exceptional or outstanding about the place, its service or the food. The sauce that accompanied my steak had a skin on top of it, indicating it had been sitting for quite some time. That makes me wonder if I'me even being too generous to rate it at 3 stars.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Biscayne was suggested to my fiancé and I on our trip to Las Vegas as being an excellent restaurant, and with all the good reviews we decided there was no question about eating there. I was very excited about the meal to come as the place looked really nice and our waiter was more than professional and extremely kind.

I do not eat steak and therefore always opt for the fish at steakhouses. Biscayne had a pretty good selection of seafood and I decided to go with the mahi mahi. Each plate comes with a choice of sauces, and with the help of our kind waiter, I settled with the pickLED pineapple which quickly became the root of my disappointment. I emphasized on the pickled part because that is how the sauce was advertised on the menu, but it was in fact pickles AND pineapple! That is not at all the same thing! Anyone who knows a thing or two about food would know that pickling something and simply throwing pickles INTO something are two very different things. I was quickly turned off by my dinner as I strongly dislike pickles (but love all else things pickled, hence choosing this sauce) and was pretty much insulted by the lack of effort put into this dish in what is supposed to be a quality restaurant. This 'sauce' was simply chopped pickles and pineapple mixed together, no more than that.

I didn't want to make a fuss so I tried to just weed out most of the pickles and eat the rest of my meal despite the very strong pickle taste. However, the fish was so dry and hard to chew that it became very tiring to eat. We also ordered the mash of the moment, which was supposed to be lobster and mashed potatoes but had no sign of lobster inside except for a chunk of shell that was not pleasant to crunch down on. But in general, the taste was not that good either and I found myself forcefully eating them to convince my fiancé that I was pleased with the meal.

As for the steak, my fiancé seemed ok with his choice; no more, no less. He had no complaints, but did not seem to be impressed by the steak either. I can see that most of the comments are about the steak and reviewers seem to like it, so if you decide to eat at this place go with the steak and definitely not the fish. If they can't cook one fish right I don't imagine them being able to cook the others any better so best to avoid them altogether. The presentation is also very plain and there isn't really anything else on your plate other than your meat and a tiny pile of green beans. I think the green beans were the best part of the meal though, they were honestly very well seasoned and I would have gladly eaten an entire plate of those delicious green beans as my meal!

All in all, I don't think this restaurant is anywhere near as great as everyone is claiming it to be. At least our waiter was exceptionally kind and professional. If I had chosen to voice my dissatisfaction with my meal I am sure he would have promptly taken care of it, but I will not be returning to this restaurant on my next trip to Las Vegas!

1  Thank katepiva