“Awesome steak”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Tropicana
Description: Las Vegas Restaurant with a South Beach FlairBiscayne reinterprets the classic Las Vegas Steakhouse with an innovative island flair. At Biscayne, you'll find premium cuts of steak and Safe Harbor certified fresh fish, prepared and presented with a fresh, new twist. Our menu incorporates island ingredients that bring a taste of the tropics to beloved specialties from the land and sea.Join us at this unique Las Vegas Restaurant and discover a premier destination for people watching just steps from the Las Vegas Strip. Make a Reservation Today!For a limited time only, enjoy a 4-Course Tasting Menu & Wine Pairing for just $39.99 per person with your Trop Plus Players Club Membership!
Eaton, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome steak”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place was a great choice for dinner. I had the rib-eye and my wife had the shrimp and both dishes had more than enough food and the wait staff was awesome to us.

Visited February 2013
Nicole-TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Biscayne, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review, William S, and I am glad you had a great dining experience. --Nicole Marshall myexperience@troplv.com

Costa Mesa, California
“Overrated”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I bought a discount ticket from Tickets for Tonight. If I would have paid full price, I would have been very disappointed. My prime rib was good but my husbands shrimp had a good taste but it was just a few small shrimp. W eordered a caesar salad and a side of rice pilaf. Nothing to write home about. There was a beautiful view and great service from teh busboy. Our drinks were never empty.

• Visited February 2013
OCBrittany, I apologize we failed to meet all your expectations. It sounds like you had a wonderful meal and it was just the price that was the obstacle. We always have great dinner specials and you can even get a free glass of house wine just by showing your Trop Plus card. --Nicole Marshall myexperience@troplv.com
Midwest
“Little kids trying to play grown ups”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Biscayne, was exceedingly mediocre. The five in my group ate there before seeing KA. I worked in the restaurant industry for about 7 years, part of the time as a kitchen manager, so I can be pretty forgiving, BUT, I have a couple of complaints. First, once the server delivered our food, she never came back to check and see if we needed anything else. (which we did.) We had to physically go to the server station to speak with her, as she passed our table time and time again, never looking over so we could catch her attention. In terms of my food, I had seafood pasta. The pasta was really thick, yet the sauce was watery, runny. First rule of Italian food , thick sauce with thick pasta, thin sauce with thin pasta. It made for quite an adventure trying to eat the dish, as the watery sauce splashed whenever ever I tried to get a bite. (Got some on my suit vest in the attempts) The flavor was good, but the watery white sauce couldn't cling to the pasta. It was like eating a superlarge bowl of soup. Everyone else in my group found their meals just okay and definitely not worth the high prices they were charged. I made the comment to my group, the restaurant came across to me like little kids playing grown-ups. What I mean by that is they are trying to project this fine dining ambience, but they don't quite seem to know what to do.

• Visited February 2013
I apologize, Scottsstache, that we failed to meet your expectations. There is no excuse for any lack of service and that will be addressed to ensure it does not occur again. Please next time know you can always let a manager know if your meal is not perfect. We will ensure you leave satisfied each and every time. I would love a chance to make this meal up to you. --Nicole Marshall myexperience@troplv.com
Roxbury, New York
“Good steak and shrimp”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner at the Biscayne, Tropicana. The meal was delicious. The wait staff was attenitive. Our waiter, Ken was excellant!

Toronto
“Over Rated”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Trop for a total of 7 nights and loved the hotel but this dining experience was not great. We were buying tickets at Tix4tonight for a show that evening and we were discussing having dinner at the hotel. The ticket guy suggested we buy a coupon for dinner at the Biscayne which would allow us to have a entree for half price. Why not? So we went ahead and they booked us a table for that evening.
We are fine dinners. I have dined in fine restaurants all my life, so I do know what I should expect when I see prices like these. The moment I handed them that coupon we were shuttled off to a terrible table in the corridor. Our waiter was indifferent, and after taking our order rarely made another apperance. My husband had the rib eye which was only okay. I had roast beef which was only okay. Had we payed the full price of upwards of $40 for an entree I would have been very vocal at the time. As it was, we felt that they had profiled us at the start and just did not care about our dining experience. No excuse for such poor quality food and dismissive service.

Visited February 2013