“Over Rated”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Tropicana
Description: Las Vegas Restaurant with a South Beach FlairBiscayne reinterprets the classic Las Vegas Steakhouse with an innovative island flair. At Biscayne, you'll find premium cuts of steak and Safe Harbor certified fresh fish, prepared and presented with a fresh, new twist. Our menu incorporates island ingredients that bring a taste of the tropics to beloved specialties from the land and sea.Join us at this unique Las Vegas Restaurant and discover a premier destination for people watching just steps from the Las Vegas Strip. Make a Reservation Today!For a limited time only, enjoy a 4-Course Tasting Menu & Wine Pairing for just $39.99 per person with your Trop Plus Players Club Membership!
Toronto
“Over Rated”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Trop for a total of 7 nights and loved the hotel but this dining experience was not great. We were buying tickets at Tix4tonight for a show that evening and we were discussing having dinner at the hotel. The ticket guy suggested we buy a coupon for dinner at the Biscayne which would allow us to have a entree for half price. Why not? So we went ahead and they booked us a table for that evening.
We are fine dinners. I have dined in fine restaurants all my life, so I do know what I should expect when I see prices like these. The moment I handed them that coupon we were shuttled off to a terrible table in the corridor. Our waiter was indifferent, and after taking our order rarely made another apperance. My husband had the rib eye which was only okay. I had roast beef which was only okay. Had we payed the full price of upwards of $40 for an entree I would have been very vocal at the time. As it was, we felt that they had profiled us at the start and just did not care about our dining experience. No excuse for such poor quality food and dismissive service.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Joesha

Toronto, Canada
“Good filet mignon”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had a very decent 8 oz filet mignon. Had it medium well and it was still "melt in your mouth". Service was prompt and not fussy. I was solo female, casual wear.
For meal with starter, salad, main, wine and dessert -- expect to pay approx.$100-130. Got a discount on my main via Tix4Tonight but still paid close to $100 with tip.

Visited February 2013
Monaghan
“Over rated”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I dined here on the last night of my stay in the tropicana hotel, and to say I was disappointed would be an under statement. Am not sure if the order was taken down incorrectly or the fault was with the kitchen. I ordered a seared tuna steak well done, my partner ordered a prime rib steak medium well. Both meals arrived together the waitress asked us was everything ok we said we were waiting on our sides, she looked at her notebook to see what we had ordered and said oh yes ! They arrived 15mins later but before that I had to send my raw tuna steak back as I dunno who the fault lay with but it was not what I had ordered. My partner had finished his meal which also had not been cooked correctly it was medium. The tuna steak was cooked to my liking but at this stage I had lost all interest in the meal no offer of a complimentary drink . I told the waitress on paying that I had not enjoyed my meal and to deduct the tuna from the bill. Needless to say I did not tip. In my opinion very overrated the beach cafe on the lower level is a king compared to this and is not over priced.

Florida
“Best Rib Eye ever”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We bought half price entree's at tix stand. This is such a great restaurant in Tropicana. Nice, quiet setting, professional staff, it would have been pricy without the coupon. Great Service, we had reservations so no wait at all. IMO it is fine dining, did not see any children.

Florida
“Great meal & good service”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had dinner here and thought the food and service was very good. We started with the sushi appetizer. The sushi was fresh and it was a sharable size. My steak was cooked a perfect medium rare. The only thing I didn't care for was the mashed potatoes, they were pretty bland. The server was very nice and gave us suggestions and then let us enjoy our dinner. I would definitely eat there again.

I would recommend eating inside, the area outside restaurant with tables can be loud with
people walking by to their rooms.

• Visited February 2013

Been to Biscayne? Share your experiences!