“Quite possibly the best meal I have ever had”
Review of Biscayne - CLOSED

Biscayne
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Tropicana
Description: Las Vegas Restaurant with a South Beach FlairBiscayne reinterprets the classic Las Vegas Steakhouse with an innovative island flair. At Biscayne, you'll find premium cuts of steak and Safe Harbor certified fresh fish, prepared and presented with a fresh, new twist. Our menu incorporates island ingredients that bring a taste of the tropics to beloved specialties from the land and sea.Join us at this unique Las Vegas Restaurant and discover a premier destination for people watching just steps from the Las Vegas Strip. Make a Reservation Today!For a limited time only, enjoy a 4-Course Tasting Menu & Wine Pairing for just $39.99 per person with your Trop Plus Players Club Membership!
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Just got back from Vegas today and just had to tell everyone about the Biscayne. After going to a friend’s wedding the 4 of us (myself, my wife and the bride & groom) had a meal here to celebrate.
2 of us took the Chef's advice and went for the crab cakes for starters...OH-MY-GOD!! Simply to die for!
For the main course most of us went for steaks...I choose the T bone steak which was cooked to absolute perfection. Served with a (small) selection of vegetables and 3 accompanying sauces to choose from, it was without doubt one of the nicest meals I have ever had.
All the side dishes (onion rings, fries & a special 3 cheese mash) were outstanding....even the bread rolls were fabulous (Pretzel bread & walnut rolls)
Finally we were then presented with a plate with a small selection of different deserts which we could all sample....I'm not sure if this was a special treat due to it being a wedding party or merely a taster to help us choose, but again everything was simply divine.
The only thing I would mention is the price; the Biscayne is not cheap and as it was a special occasion we weren't too concerned at the cost but be warned; I feel this restaurant should be viewed as a special treat and not for everyday eating. In total we had;
4 starters, 4 entrees’, 4 side dishes, 4 cocktails and a couple of us had an Irish coffee at the end and the total was $220. Maybe at $55 a head that sounds ok to you but the cocktails were 2 for the price of 1 (courtesy of a comp) and the entree's were discounted by 50% thanks to "Tix4tonight" (pay $3 per person to get 50% off one main meal) so without these it would have easily totalled well over $300. With so many cheaper options available in Vegas all trying to get the tourists' attention then it would be difficult to justify spending so much money - particularly if you're on a holiday budget - and it really need to be something special to secure repeat customers. Fortunately the price reflects the quality of the food and if I ever return to Vegas this would definitely be on my "to do" list.

1  Thank RoyalNight
TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Biscayne, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review, we appreciate it. I am so happy that your dining experience exceeded your expectations. I do recommend the eggplant tacos on your next visit as well. (You can thank me later) Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Food and service was very good. So good that we went twice in one week.

TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Biscayne, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Thank you for your feedback and your rep[eat business. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed September 1, 2011

See my review of the hotel Michael was superb the food was great and reasonable priced.

Nice atmosphere in the restaurant

Give it a try

Thank you for your review and I am thrilled Michael was able to assist you with a great dining experience. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed August 25, 2011

This restaurant was a great eating experience! Nice setting away from the noise of the casino (which, BTW, has had a much needed and very good renovation). We started with the conch fritters (which can be risky). These were great, tender and flavorful. My wife had the wedge salad; I had the Caesar... both very good . For the main course, my wife had the shrimp and eggplant tacos (!). She LOVED them. I had the roast beef. One of the best cuts I have ever had. And the creamy horseradish is unique, but superb. Overall, a great meal that we raved about for the rest of our visit.

1  Thank SVC_911
TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Biscayne, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Thank you for your review and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience at Biscayne. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Was not sure what to expect, but the food was fantastic, the wine was exceptional and the service was top notch. We went to Cheaptix and paid 3 bucks a head for 50% off of our entrees, but would go there without the discount. We had steak and friends had Prime rib, you did not need a knife for any of the meat dishes and they were so tender. Ask for the wine list as the glasses of wine can be pricy.

2  Thank Cats61
TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Biscayne, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Thank you for your review and I am thrilled you had a great dining experience. On your next visit, I highly recommend the eggplant tacos. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com