9,789 results
All reviews wicked spoon chandelier bar fountain view secret pizza terrace suite chelsea tower boulevard pool japanese soaking tub city room china poblano day club amazing hotel mini bar other hotels younger crowd an upgrade favorite hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2015 via mobile

I have stayed everywhere in Las Vegas as I have family living there. I recently took a "gamble" and decided to stay at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas. Upon arrival, we were supposed to get a complimentary gift basket of sun tan lotion etc. Hmm. We were told to check with this person that person etc to receive it- not worth chasing it down.

We then went to the room and I noticed that the floors (57th floor) were not vacuumed as there was a lot of miscellaneous items on the carpet (paper, sequins from dresses etc).

Upon entering our room, it appeared to be clean and organized. Upon closer examination the floor in the tiled shower was very dirty along the edges. I also noticed the worst thing if all...a glass was upside down on a paper glass ring...I didn't think anything of it and later went to use the glass and noticed old lip prints around the rim---YIKES! This is supposed to be a sanitized glass for use-not cool. I have heard horror stories and hidden camera stories of housecleaning staff using dirty rags to wipe the glasses clean and yep- I believe them..

Then our last full day there we were in and out of our room. The house cleaning staff was near our room and never bothered to finish cleaning our room nor was there any communication about doing so. Needless to say we ran out of fresh towels, shampoo, body wash and basic essentials....

Upon leaving I noticed some of the same garbage in the hallways as when we arrived...next time ARIA. The best place we have stayed yet in Vegas..for an alleged five star hotel Cosmo- good luck..

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
11  Thank 23jp
Reviewed August 21, 2015

My most recent visit to the Cosmo was another great time! For anyone that hasn't been, stay here at least once!
The decor is an ongoing delight, the attention to detail in the design keeps your eyes dancing your whole trip!
The FOOD! LOVE the amenities here. One of the ONLY Vegas resorts that you truly don't have to leave. STK - trendy, unique, hip steak house. Milos - The only 5 star Greek in the world ( I believe), Henry - boutique, quaint, delicious for daily breakfast, Blue Ribbon - Top notch Sushi, Scarpetta - amazing authentic Italian, Holsteins - insane burgers and shakes, they even have a GREAT little secret late night New York style Pizza place to fulfill a craving!
The shopping is also unique and cool.
Not to mention they have one of the top night/day clubs in all of Vegas - all without leaving your Resort!
The rooms are spacious with great design and some rooms have balconies! UPGRADE AT CHECK IN! WORTH IT!
Another nice thing is that their points card lets you accumulate rewards on every dollar you spend (not just on gambling).
The few drawbacks were - The pools are nice, but can be a tad pricey for Cabana's and the only drawback (for me) is that they are usually very busy! (that's a great problem to have - but i like my space LOL). and the cell phone service/wifi in my room was bad :(.
The staff was great and attentive to my additional requests!

Room tip: Upgrade to a balcony suite overlooking the Bellagio Fountains! Great deal + well worth it!
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2015

The hotel is beautiful yes...in fact the cost really does reflect its aesthetics.

Check in was simple and painless...though as to be expected (when you arrive at 2 PM) it was crowded. Lines seemed to pile up based on the hotels desire to up sell anyone who booked a basic room. Nothing wrong with the practice though many of the agents could stand to take a lesson from one of the guys who was more than prepared for the up sell (in that he was ready with pictures of every type of room on his phone) so that they don't hold up the lines.

Vomit in the hallway when we checked in took way too long for them to clean up (though in their defense I think it had been there and while and we were the ones who reported it so it had already started to set) and the stench of it lingered our entire stay.

We stayed in a terrace suite in the west tower and the room was plenty big enough for the two of us for the three days. We especially enjoyed having a kitchenette which offered us extra space for mixing our own drinks and re-heating leftovers from our two dinners out. Bed was super comfy...in fact we found it easy to sleep on even though we shared a wall with the service lift (if minor noises bother you stay away from the xx30s...odds are the same room on every floor have the same issue)

One night we ordered room service ($88 (with tax, tip and fee) for two quesadillas and a bucket of Coors) and while the girls who took our order and delivered it were delightful the food was utterly lacking.

The best part of our stay was the staff at the bamboo pool...which coincidently had the fire the day before. I reckon in an attempt to convince folks all was well they offered daybeds and cabanas at a super discounted F&B minimum if there was a minimum at all. You'd think based on that coupled with the fact they're on vacation folks would lighten up but nope...not those near or around me. Folks were pissy, aggravated and just plain ol demanding over things that had nothing to do with their server (like how the pump that serviced the misters had burned down, or construction noise from the crews trying to fix it). Laura and Derrick were more than hospitable and turned what would have been a 3 star review (seriously on account of the vomit and non-disclosure of the service elevator being on the same wall at check in the best they should get is three stars) into a 4 star. Avoid the crowds, cost and ridiculousness at Marquee and hang out right next door (literally they share a palm tree).

Tips of importance...make use of the walkway to the Walgreens and Planet Hollywood mall for anything you might want (vs. paying hotel prices)...

Room tip: When you get to your room DO NOT unpack. Wait and listen for a minute to be sure you're not adjacent to the elevators; they're annoying
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank SDBarbie
Reviewed August 21, 2015

We stayed two nights because the Identity Points sent me an offer for two free nights. When checking in we were offered the Terrace Corner Suite on the 57th floor for very cheap!! We took the upgrade and we were not disappointed at all. The suite was incredible not to mention the views from the 1200SF wrap around balcony.

We gambled in the casino most of the time. They have the best dealers in Vegas! We met 6 of them and unfortunately I don't remember all their names. The one I do remember the most is Sasha. It was our last few hours before having to catch a red eye flight home, so we played Black Jack for a few hours. Sasha was awesome because I don't play by the book (I always check with other players before sitting down) and Sasha kept telling my friend to let me play the way I do. I won the $600 I had lost plus an additional $300!! It was possible because Sasha was very cool and made me feel comfortable.

We WILL be back soon. I just received another offer for 2 free nights.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2015

You will have a hard time finding a deal at this hotel ($100 meals, $30 drinks, $600 rooms). Its expensive as hell. But with it comes one of the best hotel experiences in Las Vegas. If you are a Millennial, hipster or a cool Gen Xer, this is the place for you - more happening than the Wynn, with staff that is amazing and caring. Try Scarpetta, best Italian pasta ever - make restaurant reservations upon arrival - it gets busy - if Open Table shows full, call them direct.

• Trip type: Traveled on business