Review Highlights
Best Day of Our Trip-A Vegas Must Do!!

We did the 3 mile hike to the hot springs and 8 mile kayak trip in mid-November. Tips In November... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
NEMtTlisaj
Quincy, Illinois
Absolutely amazing

LOVE Jenna. She was our guide for the entire trip. She is super sweet and very knowledgeable. We... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
christinamS3399NW
Hannibal, Missouri
via mobile

1,047 results
All reviews emerald cave kayak tour hot springs black canyon colorado river sauna cave willow beach hoover dam big horn sheep water shoes mile kayak launch site kayaking experience jason's deli bald eagles full day tour mountain goats
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I took me and four of my friends on the Colorado River kayak trip for my 42nd birthday. It was an incredible experience and I cannot say enough about Evolution Expedition. From the very beginning they were accessible by phone and email to help me plan my trip (book early because there are limited permits allowed per BLM).

On the day of the trip they picked us up from our hotel exactly on time and drove us to the base of the dam. There we met our guide and got some basic instruction on the trip. From there we hit the water, and took amazing side trips. I don't want to spoil those because part of the experience was the discovery. It was well worth the money, and was such a great way to spend time with friends. The time I spent on the water with my friends and with Evolution Expeditions was fantastic.

I absolutely recommend Evolution Expedition.

1  Thank jayhawkeye2
LasVegasKayakTours, Manager at Evolution Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your tour. Birthdays, anniversaries and pretty much any other time is a great time to kayak. You all were fun to be around and made the day more of an adventure! See you again..... Thank you!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

To Kayak 12 miles (Approx 19Km) down the Colorado River is something to bragg about. I felt involved from the moment I booked the tour on the phone to the moment I was dropped back to my hotel.To enter an ancient hot springs cave with your flat stone for good measure puts one back in time. Mike told a great story, however this ancient tribe would have loved a torch. This tour was a real adventure in the freezing water and climbing the steep tracks to marvel at the nature that surrounded us. You must wear good traction shoes that cover your feet. Lunch was truly gourmet and wholesome, Mike, tour guide was encouraging and helpful to ensure this adventure was to be completed and something to remember. Would do it again!!!!

LasVegasKayakTours, Manager at Evolution Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Absolutely it's something to brag about! :)
You paddled a full day! The Kayak Hoover Dam Tour is packed full of adventure for sure, and our guides make sure of that!
It's always best to wear some type of water shoe or old sneakers while out on the Colorado River. When out of you're kayaking exploring, it's a rocky terrain and best to have something supportive.
I'm glad you would do it again, cause we want to see you again.... see you next year!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Evolution tours did an awesome job of showing us the natural side of Las Vegas. Our party had three couples and we booked the webbed foot tour, advertised as a half day excursion. Our guide, Rod, was a great resource of information about the canyon, river and surrounding lake. In addition to kayaking, we took a short hike to see big horned sheep, took pictures of bald eagles, and had a short swim. He made sure everyone stayed involved and enjoyed the experience, he even taught us the correct form for splashing other kayaks. We had all the healthy snacks, drinks, and lunch we could possibly need. All in all, it was a great day and worth every penny, a definite "go to" tour on your next trip.

LOL- Sounds like you had a great time on the Webbed Foot Tour. Our half day Colorado River tour is like no other. We love to explore, have fun and getting wet in the warmer temps. The water below the Hoover Dam is cool so it's very refreshing! Thanks for the awesome review and we'll see you again!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife and I are long time kayakers and have wanted to do this tour for a while. Evolution did an amazing job!! Celeste picked us up right on schedule at our hotel and did a great job narrating our drive to Hoover Dam. The kayaks were very nice and well equipped. Mike is an excellent guide. He kept us laughing at his bad jokes all day! The walk through the cave was something else! We enjoyed the hike to the hot springs, even though they were no longer there. Lunch was very tasty and expertly served by Mike. Even though the wind was fierce in our faces the whole trip, Mike ensured everyone was doing OK and staying hydrated. We highly recommend Evolution Expedition Kayak Tours. Thank you Rod for emailing us the great pictures.

Thank you!
Mikes jokes must be getting better! I'll pass that on to him. :) It's hard not to enjoy the beauty that surrounds you in the canyon. Every time I go down I always see something new. See you again!

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Just came back from a fabulous 6 days in Vegas and this company helped to be a part of it. Hubby and I booked the webbed foot kayak tour since we are rookies in this field and it was perfect. They deserve the title of being the best kayaking tour company in Vegas.

Our driver, Celeste, was very informative and knowledgeable of the area. It certainly wasn't a boring one hour ride to the lake.

Thank you Dan for granting my request to have Rod be our guide for the day. He was everything the others raved about and more. We had such a great day, we saw so many different animals and the water fight after lunch was a blast. So refreshing!!!

It was an expensive experience $150/person but so well worth it. You get transportation to/from your hotel, unlimited water (they care and make sure you are well hydrated), catered lunch which was delish better than on the strip, breathtaking scenery and fantastic guides. Rod must work as a photographer as well because he took amazing pictures that day. He emailed them to everyone that same night! That's what I call dedication. We would do it all again in a heartbeat! See ya'll next time!!!!

LasVegasKayakTours, Manager at Evolution Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

We love having fun and the best part is talking folks like you out in our back yard! See you when you come back!