“3 hour Kayak trip”

Evolution Expeditions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: During your holiday, be sure to place kayaking and hiking on your list of things to do while in Las Vegas – you'll be glad you did. We are an outdoor adventure, site seeing tour company, specializing in guided Kayak, Hiking and wake board tours on Lake Mead and below the Hoover Dam on the Colorado River. When hiking through deep canyons or kayaking on the Colorado River to geothermal hot springs, look for diverse wildlife that could include Desert Big Horn Sheep, Coyotes, Ring-tailed Cats and Kit Foxes. Bird lovers, we have Osprey, Bald Eagles and Falcons. Being a migratory route for water fowl there are several different species that change with the seasons. Being outdoor enthusiast and passionate for our environment, our kayak Las Vegas tours is more than just taking people kayaking on the Colorado River. We are creating memories that will last a lifetime. Our guides are CPR and Wilderness First Aid certified. We are professionally trained and have extensive knowledge of kayaking and hiking in the back country. We offer complimentary pick-up/drop-off to your hotel via our spacious and comfortable Transit vans. Our professional drivers have safety in mind as they transport you to and from your adventure. To experience one of the finest Las Vegas kayaking tours available, contact Evolution Expeditions. Be sure to bring your camera along to capture the beauty of nature that awaits you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Every year I take my daughter on a trip to celebrate the end of a school year. The Kayak tour is one of the best trips we have ever taken! Our tour was perfect! We went around the islands in Lake Mead and got a view of the Lake I had never seen before. We got to hike to the top of the island and swim in the cool water. The tour guide, Rod, was fantastic. knowledgeable and fun. We enjoyed sharing Rod’s [passion for kayaking and Lake Mead and we could really feel how much he loved what he did! The next tour we take will be a longer one! The half day is not enough time to see everything.

1  Thank Laura P
LasVegasKayakTours, Manager at Evolution Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thanks for sharing about your tour. Hiking to the top of the Boulder Island and back down for a swim on a hot summer day is the BEST! We do offer a longer tour below the Hoover Dam that would be perfect for you called the Kayak Hoover Dam Tour, check it out and looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Let me first say that I cannot swim and have never kayaked before but these guys made me feel comfortable on the river during our Hoover Dam Kayak tour. We were picked up at our hotel ahead of time by the driver (I forgot her name! She was super nice!) and we headed to the parking lot of the Hacienda Hotel to get our papers and ID's cleared. There we met our guide, Mike, who joined us on our drive down to the base of the Hoover Dam.

We had about 10-15 minutes to take pictures and use the sole portable toilet while the guys set up the kayaks. That toilet will be last toilet you'll use until the finish line at Willow Beach which is 11 miles down river! But we were told you can pee in the river and pretend to look at fish while you do your business. Rod took lots of pictures of us to post on Facebook so watch out for Rod! They take your safety seriously and teach you how to safely get on or get back on your kayak.

We paddled 11 miles and took about 8-9 hours to successfully reach Willow Beach. There were 4 stops where we got off our kayaks and explored/photographed the area. Mike offered snacks and drinks every time we made a stop. We got to go to the hot sauna cave and see waterfalls and wildlife in the canyon. Lunch was awesome, I had a turkey sandwich and fruits. Afterwards, Mike and a few others were daring enough to cliff dive.

Mike did a great job in keeping us safe and letting us paddle where we wanted to go (as long as he can see us and reach us in time in case of an emergency). You can really tell he's passionate about kayaking and the canyon, as he shared his knowledge and not-so-bad jokes =) about our surroundings. I also liked how he kept reminding us to keep hydrated and re-apply sunscreen and to stay away from the snake-hiding bushes throughout the tour. If you don't stay hydrated, he will spray you with a water gun (don't worry, your kayak is equipped with one too!)

Although there is barely any shade on the river, the water is cold and the wind is enough to keep you cool and keep you on your kayak. We tried not to paddle when powerboats were nearby because the waves they created rocked our kayaks... so just ride it out and keep your balance when powerboats are nearby.

Overall, I enjoyed touring with this company and would like to try their other tours in the future. For an all-day tour that lets you see the Hoover Dam and many hidden treasures in the canyon most tourists do not get to experience, all for less than $200 is pretty incredible! great Work EEK and Thank you!

I'm glad you both had fun, you all went out on a great day too! Being safe and having fun goes hand in hand with us. Sometimes the waves from boats can be fun (I think they are) but on Sundays and Mondays are "No Motor Boat Days" Which I have to say are amazing! See you soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Don't know where to begin..rod picked us up from our resort right on time. It was just me and my 2 teen boys. Within minutes on the road he made us feel comfortable, laughing and talking like old friends. Rod took care of everything when we arrived. The scenery was just gorgeous, water crystal clear. We came upon a herd of big horn sheep and a rattlesnake on our first stop. Second stop was for lunch but my son and rod were entertaining jumping off the rocks into the water (rod took great pics). The historical pieces were so neat along the way. The winds got pretty strong on the way back which scared me but rod was very calm and before I knew it I was laughing through the entire trip back. I want to do another excursion but longer next time. Thanks for making our vacation a success! See you next time.

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! Creating memories is what we do, and we love being apart of your day! I think you all would be great on the Twilight Kayak Tour we offer, your boys would love it! see you next time!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great trip....rod is great and easy going, we went to some lovely places. Lovely picnic lunch of natural salady turkey wrap and fruit, not the standard american burger...went on mini hike, to a cool cave, and rock jumping. Four hour tour is perfect length, glad we didnt go for 9 hour one. highly recommend, couldnt ask for more. Thanks!

1  Thank foreverseeker

Thank you for paddling the Webbed Foot Kayak Tour with us. It's the best 1/2 Colorado River tour out there. 4 hours on the water with a healthy lunch from Jason's Deli (no fast food) equals an awesome day! See you again!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

After a few days in Las Vegas it was time to get out of the city and experience the great outdoors. We were very glad we chose this tour. Mike our guide was fun and very informative, the scenery was fantastic, the equipment was very good.
It was a long paddle, but you could go at your own pace, and there were plenty of stops along the way. Thanks also to Lucinda and Rod for getting us to and from the boats.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your kayak tour. We love what we do so its easy taking out folks who like the same things. Having the best guides and kayaks on the Colorado River helps too :)