“Awesome”

Evolution Expeditions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: During your holiday, be sure to place kayaking and hiking on your list of things to do while in Las Vegas – you'll be glad you did. We are an outdoor adventure, site seeing tour company, specializing in guided Kayak, Hiking and wake board tours on Lake Mead and below the Hoover Dam on the Colorado River. When hiking through deep canyons or kayaking on the Colorado River to geothermal hot springs, look for diverse wildlife that could include Desert Big Horn Sheep, Coyotes, Ring-tailed Cats and Kit Foxes. Bird lovers, we have Osprey, Bald Eagles and Falcons. Being a migratory route for water fowl there are several different species that change with the seasons. Being outdoor enthusiast and passionate for our environment, our kayak Las Vegas tours is more than just taking people kayaking on the Colorado River. We are creating memories that will last a lifetime. Our guides are CPR and Wilderness First Aid certified. We are professionally trained and have extensive knowledge of kayaking and hiking in the back country. We offer complimentary pick-up/drop-off to your hotel via our spacious and comfortable Transit vans. Our professional drivers have safety in mind as they transport you to and from your adventure. To experience one of the finest Las Vegas kayaking tours available, contact Evolution Expeditions. Be sure to bring your camera along to capture the beauty of nature that awaits you.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was my wife and I's first time kayaking and it did not disappoint. Our shuttle driver for the day, Dan, was a funny guy and made the early wake up not so bad. Our guide Scott was equally as awesome. He was extremely knowledgeable of the surroundings and a very patient instructor. He made everyone feel like they were part of the group and was understanding of me when I started to feel horribly sick. I had been sick the previous two days but couldn't reschedule so we went anyways, no issue until after lunch. Those last 4 miles nearly killed me! Ended up with a fever and put on antibiotics. The hot springs and hiking were loads of fun and the kayaking in such a beautiful landscape was amazing. Thank you Scott for the great experience we will never forget!

LasVegasKayakTours, Manager at Evolution Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Hey guys, thanks for the great review! We love to have a good time out on the river, thats what it's all about! See you next time in Vegas!!

All reviews
in 22 reviews
"short hike"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed December 6, 2012

During the 11 mile kayak experience the group encountered bald eagles, hawks, and mountain goats. A high-light was when we went on a couple of short walks. One was to a hot spring located in a cave. It was like a sauna, but what was more exciting was our walk to the end of the cave was in complete darkness. Along the way the group was entertained with a story about the natives and a ritual they performed to rid themselves of their worries. (Won't give the story away since its all part of the fun.) The next stop was to another hot spring, located outdoors this time, that was 106 degrees F. Obviously do not forget your bathing suit. And bring your water shoes. Most of the shoreline is rocky.
It was chilly in the morning so layer up but it's pretty much guaranteed that you will end up in shorts and a t-shirt at the end of the day. In addition, your experience with regards to a work out is what you put into it. You can motor along at your own pace.
I did this adventure solo and was given my own kayak. Highly recommend this for anyone travelling solo.
The early morning pick up time of 5:30 am can be a deterrent for some but don't let that stop you. It's worth going.
I enjoyed that our small group, which was a group of three. I was told it was a slow part of the season but I thought this was a good thing since it may have enabled us to see lots of wildlife.
The staff is friendly, helpful and encouraged questions, for which of course I had many. Bonus: A very good lunch is included.

1  Thank Kimberly S

Wow! sounds like you seen it all that day! We had a great time too, thank you for sharing your day with us!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We booked the Kayak Hoover Dam tour after reading all these great reviews and I must say it surpassed our expectations! It was my first time in Las Vegas for my 30th birthday and I wanted to do something other than the typical Las Vegas activities. We had already done a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon. But this tour was by far more of an adventure that allowed us to really see the canyon in all its glory. Our guide, Scott, was amazing. He was laid back and easy to talk to yet extremely knowledgeable and experienced. We went into caves, hiked to hot springs, saw mountain goats and a rattlesnake, cliff jumped and had a great workout! What a perfect way to spend your birthday?! I would seriously do it all over again. Thank you Evolution Expedition!

1  Thank JessicaNHaynes

Thank you for the great review, it's folks like you who make us # 1 in Las Vegas for their outdoor adventure! See you again!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We booked this trip after finding it on trip advisor and wanting to do something different in Vegas, well this is certainly something unique!
We had such an amazing day! The early start was worth it as we got to the Hoover dam with no one else around and launched into clear still waters - it was beautiful!
We did the sweat cave and worry stone ritual which was special if not a little scary and odd all rolled into one! But we enjoyed it!
We then meandered down the river and stopped at some hot springs which were again amazing. Our guide was mike for the day and his knowledge was extensive! After the hot springs he said we will reconvene at a certain mileage point and in the meantime we could explore the river and take our time as much as we wanted. This was fantastic to do, if you saw something that looked interesting you could just go over to it. If you had any questions mike would answer at ease.
Lunch was super tasty and the whole day was a fantastic experience! Especially considering we were only about an hour from the hustle and bustle of the Vegas strip!
We definitely hope to return! Fab trip and excellent company well done!

2  Thank Tuckenby

Thats what our tours do, we take you out of your zone and show you a side of Las Vegas that you never knew was here! Thanks for making our day great!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Did the Kayak Hoover Dam tour and had a great time. The scenery is fantastic. Clear, cold water with a surface like a mirror. Lunch was very nice and they provided plenty of cold water.

I stayed off the strip, so I had to meet the group at the Hacienda hotel near the dam at 6:30 am. Signed a release form and jumped in the shuttle. The security around the dam is frankly creepy, but we got down to the launch site about 7:00 and were on the water by about 7:30.

Rod was our driver and Matt was our guide. Both great guys.

There were seven customers, 2 couples in tandem kayaks, one couple in solo kayaks, and me in a solo. I'm a 50-something moderately active guy who has done some easy lake kayaking before, and found this to be a fairly easy trip. The river level was down quite a bit due to maintenance on Davis Dam downstream, so there was almost no current. That meant about 4 hours of paddling to get 11 miles downstream. I made it just fine and wasn't sore the next day.

The kayaks have a rudder system that took a little getting used to. But everything was fun and relaxed, so it was no problem. There were one or two very small sections of a bit of choppy water. Otherwise, basically flat water all the way.

We stopped at Sauna cave, which is appropriately named. Then another stop at Gold Strike canyon and dipped for a minute in a very hot pool. Lunch stop was about 2/3 of the way down, and then a quick visit to Emerald Cave shortly before reaching Willow Beach and the takeout. We reached the takeout about 2:30 and I was back at my hotel about 3:30.

Overall, a great time and highly recommended.

1  Thank 698bobs

We try to make everything as smooth as possible, I think it's our guides that really make our tours special!