“Looking for a little more than gambling in Las Vegas? Check this out!”

Evolution Expeditions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: During your holiday, be sure to place kayaking and hiking on your list of things to do while in Las Vegas – you'll be glad you did. We are an outdoor adventure, site seeing tour company, specializing in guided Kayak, Hiking and wake board tours on Lake Mead and below the Hoover Dam on the Colorado River. When hiking through deep canyons or kayaking on the Colorado River to geothermal hot springs, look for diverse wildlife that could include Desert Big Horn Sheep, Coyotes, Ring-tailed Cats and Kit Foxes. Bird lovers, we have Osprey, Bald Eagles and Falcons. Being a migratory route for water fowl there are several different species that change with the seasons. Being outdoor enthusiast and passionate for our environment, our kayak Las Vegas tours is more than just taking people kayaking on the Colorado River. We are creating memories that will last a lifetime. Our guides are CPR and Wilderness First Aid certified. We are professionally trained and have extensive knowledge of kayaking and hiking in the back country. We offer complimentary pick-up/drop-off to your hotel via our spacious and comfortable Transit vans. Our professional drivers have safety in mind as they transport you to and from your adventure. To experience one of the finest Las Vegas kayaking tours available, contact Evolution Expeditions. Be sure to bring your camera along to capture the beauty of nature that awaits you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had an excellent time on this trip, couldn't have asked for better views of the Hoover dam than right from the bottom on the water. The scenery was beautiful, the weather perfect, a good group and a great guide. Not a strenuous kayak trip there was time to sit back and just take it all in (mind you we were in a tandem which makes it a little easier). We highly recommend this trip if you are in Vegas and we would love to do it again in the future.

LasVegasKayakTours, Manager at Evolution Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you for the 5 star review! I think the best thing about my job is getting out of Vegas and into the outdoors. Thanks again for sharing your day with us!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We did the Hoover Dam tour with Mike as our guide. It was absolutely the best thing I have ever done on a trip to Las Vegas!! The day began quite early but it was nice to be picked up and dropped off at our hotel on the strip. We put in right at the base of Hoover Dam and after a few kayaking hints and tips, were off. Mike was an excellent guide and great storyteller and he kept us entertained and educated. The sauna cave experience was a lot of fun and exploring the surrounding canyons and hot springs was amazing. The weather was perfect, the scenery was spectacular, and the company was top notch. I have already recommended this as a "must do" to several friends and I would go again in a heatbeat!

Mike and all of our other guides are the best with years of experience on the Colorado River. Thank you for the great review! see you next year :)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Did the half day tour with Evolution Expedition Kayak Tours. Rod was our guide. The equipment was first class. Nice tandem kayak and comfortable life jackets. Lunch was provided from Jason's deli and was really tasty. The river and views were awesome. I highly recommend taking some time away from the strip and getting out on the water with Rod and Evolution Expedition Kayak Tours.

LasVegasKayakTours, Manager at Evolution Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

We do have the best equipment but it's awesome people like you who make my job/ our tours #1 in TripAdvisor.com. Next time bring the little ones, I bet they will have a blast!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Spent a day kayaking the Colorado River with Evolution while visiting vegas. I highly recommend this outfitter. The kayaks were top of the line, which makes a huge difference, we paddled 9 miles and never would have been able to do that with basic kayaks in the colorado river. Lunch was great, not some cheap fastfood sandwich. I considered just renting on my own and doing the trip without a guide but now I'm glad I didn't do that. We got picked up right in front of our hotel, so I didn't have to drive the hour in a rental. Loaded up with water, snacks and a great kayak, and a guide who knew where to take us. We did the webbed foot tour, which is a half day event, perfect for us. Got picked up at 845 and back to hotel by 4. Price was the same as other tours so don't waste time price shopping like I did. Scenery was amazing. I would do this again if ever in vegas.

Thank you for spending the day with us. After paddling 9 miles who wants to eat fast food? We get our catering done at Jason's Deli, voted the 10th top healthiest place in the nation to eat, see you again on the water :)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have never been in a kayak before, so I was a little nervous about making my first trip up the Colorado River. The experience was excellent. Rod made us all comfortable and was a great host. Would recommend to anyone...views are outstanding!

LasVegasKayakTours, Manager at Evolution Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you! We love taking people out kayaking on the Colorado River. Nothing to be nervous about our guides have years of experience on the river and we love taking out first timers! See you again!